Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hot topic for Wednesday: How would you feel if...

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I would first feel bad that my SO felt we couldn't have a conversation about whatever was bothering her. We have a very open line of communication and to not feel safe talking to me would make me feel I was doing something wrong.

As for the other people who read our dirty laundry, they don't know anything about us or who we are so that I could overlook.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    I've talked to friends on here about issues with my husband, and he's fine with that, because he understands that I have to talk to someone, and sometimes no one else is available.

However, I've never, ever, EVER made a flippin public forum thread putting my husband on blast, no matter how wrong he might be. I will NEVER do that to him. He would be furious, and rightfully so.

If he were to do that to me, I would lose my ****.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    People get way too personal here IMO. I personally wouldn't care for a lot of what gets posted here being said about any relationship I was in.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I've talked to friends on here about issues with my husband, and he's fine with that, because he understands that I have to talk to someone, and sometimes no one else is available.

However, I've never, ever, EVER made a flippin public forum thread putting my husband on blast, no matter how wrong he might be. I will NEVER do that to him. He would be furious, and rightfully so.

Well well well...
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    I've stopped using FB for the array of ridiculous messages on there. Its almost as bad as these forums except that everyone has actually met each other so in some ways its even worse. So yes, I would be a tad perturbed if my SO posted things like that, but she doesn't and she won't, and neither will I.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    my wife got mad at me yesterday for posting about her trying to kill me by overspicing my food...

We met on a forum (and she'd be pretty much the awesomest person here if she posted), so she knows how it is...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Your significant other was airing out grievences on your relationship on one of their social media sites/message boards/facebook?

I would feel bewildered and ask myself how a grown *kitten* man like myself wound up marrying a teenager...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member

Your view on relationships is so inspirational. I hope I can be in a relationship as good as your someday..
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    No worries.

It would kind of depend what they are venting/airing. But it takes a lot to really piss me off. Everybody's got to vent sometimes. I would probably be a little peeved if the details were exceptionally personal.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    If my husband were to say something about me online, I'd be very, very shocked. Even when I'm being a complete pain in his butt, he wouldn't share it with anyone except me and the neighbors within earshot.
  • I hate when people cry all over their social networking sites about their personal life.

Exactly. That's what friends are for.
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    When my husband and I seperated I stupidly changed my relationship status to single and lo-and-behold....his ex stalked him for a week!!! Lesson learned
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Just...no.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I would be bothered if it was people who knew me and him personally. But if it was on MFP where he was anonymous, I wouldn't be as pissed.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    I think even worse than creating threads on annonymous message boards, is passive agressive facebook statuses.

"if you love somebody you show them"

"I'm so done"

ect, ect.

I hate when people post those types of things. Sometimes it seems attention seeking, as if they want you to ask what's up. If they have something to say they should either say it or keep it to themselves. Preferably the latter.
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Your significant other was airing out grievences on your relationship on one of their social media sites/message boards/facebook?

Just curious what people would think.. with all the stuff posted on here...how they'd feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

Wow, that sounds like Festivus with the airing out of grievances! When does the "Feats of Strenght" happen? Lol.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    I've been guilty of it, but i was also completely immature.

I learned quickly how all it does is create more problems and make your SO look like an idiot to your family while you go on with him after it.

I also have been on the other side when I found my SO's computer still logged onto a relationship and dating advice site where he posted all our problems..

It's childish
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    My wife wouldn't do it and neither would I.

But....if she did, I would want to talk about it. Resolve any issues.

We're in this for life, so communication is tantamount to success.
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    So... I broke up with my boyfriend over the weekend and yesterday his ex girl friend (before me) posted on his fb wall "How does it feel to finally be free?"

OHHHHHHH it pissed me off. He has the tact to not say anything, but she is an immature b!tch!!!! However... I don't understand why he was talking to HER about US. I did NOT reply to the comment, but I really wanted to be mean...like tell her he cheated on her...

I'll admit... I posted vague comments on my own wall, but really only so that my closest friends would know without me having to broadcast it. My comments were limited to: "Broken hearts are the worst kind." and changing my status to single with a comment of "nothing spinning class can't make better" (after the post on his page.) And spinning class did make me feel better, FYI.

So was I immature/inappropriate?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    My number one rule is that if my husband would be upset if he knew about it, I don't do it/say it. Venting online usually falls into that description.