I got hit on :)

Options

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and over the past year, I went from 241 down to 144. Only 9 lbs until my ultimate goal weight! After losing all that weight, I still have body image issues and see myself bigger than I really am..

Anyway, I went to the mall this past weekend. This guy commented on my sparkly sequin shirt and I said "Thanks, I'm trying to be a hot mom." He said, "You are, you're a MILF" LOL Some woment may be offended, but I totally took that as a compliment. It stopped me from buying the platter of greasy Chinese food. I went to Saladworks instead.

Even though I'm married with kids, getting hit on does so much for my self esteem :happy:

I would so find that a compliment also!!! I have a ways to go still... Congrats though.. Married or not, still good to know you still got it...
  • Mamabrandyk
    Options
    Total compliment - thats awsome!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's validation that does not always come in the form of being hit on but in how people treat us.
    One of those hidden camera TV shows put the same lady in a situation where she dropped a bag of groceries in the store parking lot.
    She was a hot model dressed exactly the same but half the time wearing a "fat suit".
    People were very eager to help the thin lady....and few helped the fat lady.
    Nature is cruel!
    :ohwell:
    Be glad you're on the winning side now, and let that be a motivating force.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and over the past year, I went from 241 down to 144. Only 9 lbs until my ultimate goal weight! After losing all that weight, I still have body image issues and see myself bigger than I really am..

Anyway, I went to the mall this past weekend. This guy commented on my sparkly sequin shirt and I said "Thanks, I'm trying to be a hot mom." He said, "You are, you're a MILF" LOL Some woment may be offended, but I totally took that as a compliment. It stopped me from buying the platter of greasy Chinese food. I went to Saladworks instead.

Even though I'm married with kids, getting hit on does so much for my self esteem :happy:

this happened to me for the first time the other day too :blushing: I got a "how u doin sweetheart" haha!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Lucky dog. :ohwell:
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! I think we moms, especially, appreciate being noticed by others. Not that we're "looking" - we just like to be reminded we still have it!
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 lbs and my husband tells me constantly how good I look. But isn't funny how it's so hard for us to see ourselves differently? I see my self in pictures now and still think I need to lose weight. Think I'll always be the short, chubby girl on the inside.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's great! Yes, the compliment is right on the edge of creepy... but in cases like this, it's still on the lovely compliment side!:tongue:

Yay for you!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I would seriously be insulted by that "compliment".
    You probably have no sense of humor and take life WAY too seriously. Lighten up - you'll live longer...
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You probably have no sense of humor and take life WAY too seriously. Lighten up - you'll live longer...

oh yes you're right. ...Or perhaps getting hit on gets old and I'd rather be respected for my degrees and succesful career.
  • rob1976
    Options
    oh yes you're right. ...Or perhaps getting hit on gets old and I'd rather be respected for my degrees and succesful career.
    Guys have a saying..."You can't *kitten* her intellect"...
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    A little crude? Maybe. But a HUGE self esteem boost? YES! Good for you momma!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    That is a great weight loss!! Great job.

I'd take that as a compliment. My story is that we brought our daughters to see Santa before Christmas & my hubby was waiting outside the "gated" area when one of Santa's helpers came over to discuss the picture prices & proceeded to tell me that I have beautiful eyes. Two of my daughters (13 & 11) thought it was pretty funny. I don't care what part men want to compliment - I'll take it....humbly :)

Keep up the great job & good luck with those last 9 pounds....make them your b*tch!! :laugh:
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Must be nice! I NEVER get hit on anymore and I'm only 33!! I bet it feels great!!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It's a great feeling, isn't it? And good for you for letting it roll over into making a good food choice that day! *applause!*
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I've found in my experience that the vast majority of women who claim to be offended by getting hit on are the type of women NOBODY would hit on in the first place... Just sayin.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    On Monday a guy gave me his number.
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I would be happy with that too! And wow thats amazing the amount you've gone down...I bet you feel amazing. You go girl keep it up!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I get hit on more by dudes then women, its more awkward turning down a dude then a woman. FML
  • rob1976
    Options
    I've found in my experience that the vast majority of women who claim to be offended by getting hit on are the type of women NOBODY would hit on in the first place... Just sayin.
    tumblr_ll3rstqWSJ1qde8aao1_400.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!