been a week no results

Options
124»

Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    This is a marathon, not a sprint. If you can stand it, weigh yourself every two weeks, rather than weekly. Look at downward trends, not individual numbers.

THIS.

You want to lose 26 pounds. That will probably take between 3 and 9 months. Make your routine something you can do for months at a time. Speaking for myself only, cardio every day for 3+ months is a recipe for exhaustion and failure. I recommend cutting back on cardio - no more than 3 times per week & if you want to work out more do weights.

One of the keys to losing weight is ENDURANCE.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I agree; you need to give it at least 3 weeks.

That being said if you are still having issues here are few things to check:

Water - are you getting at least 8? But you should be getting even more 10-12
    Sodium - Are you eating a lot of processed foods that have a lot of sodium?
    Fiber - Are you getting enough? You should be getting around 25 or more grams per day
    Vegetables - Are you getting at least 5 servings per day?
    Raw food (veg & fruit) - Are you getting at least some of your veg & fruit raw daily? Shoot for 50%
    Junk Food - food with no nutritional value but high in calories; are you filling your day with a lot of this? Chips, crackers, cookies, candy...

I know everyone says a deficit is a deficit, but sometimes junk can hinder your weight loss..it always does for me.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I been on the 1200 calorie diet daily and exercising like crazy, I read that I must be building muscle

Why? A moderate deficit and a little exercise to start with is just fine. A 1200 intake will do it all on its own. And you're not building muscle that quickly, even with newbie gains.

And 2-3 weeks minimum after any change. Water shifts are going to cause a lot of weight confusion during this time. Relax:smile:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    If you spent 1, 2 or 3 years eating junk, then don't expect results in a fraction of that time. It takes MONTHS and YEARS of hard work and consistency to reverse years of the bad habits.

Don't give up!
  • micabrito2012
    micabrito2012 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Classic!
  • ChelseaM18
    Options
    Just make sure you're weighing your food out. Estimation can be a looong way off and instead of 1200 calories you could be taking in a much higher number, or even a lower number. I think 1200 is a little low if you're exercising like crazy, exercise is boosting your metabolism, make sure you eat enough to keep it high :D . Give it some time, you'll be more likey to notice after a month :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Took more than a week to gain the weight and it'll take more than a week to lose it.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    thats perfect i went through the same thing i upped my calories and started losing consistently!
  • youlighter
    youlighter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Did you take measurements prior to your start? Don't say no results without checking the tape! Sometime we lose something even when it looks like nothing! Stay positive and stay on track. Drink a lot of water and as you already stated increase your calories slightly if you are exercising heavily...shoot for 1300 and see if you get a change. Good Luck and stay the course.

- Neck =
    - Upper Bust =
    - Lower Bust =
    - Waist =
    - Hips =
    - Thigh =
    - Arm (relaxed) =
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says a deficit is a deficit, but sometimes junk can hinder your weight loss..it always does for me.
    Healthy eating has been key for me. I can eat 100 calories of chips and still be hungry enough to want to eat the whole bag. I can eat a 100 calories of broccolli or a banana and not have hunger cravings for an hour or 2. I snack a lot on fruits and veggies. That has helped me immensely with portion control at meals. I'm also trying to limit my intake of most processed foods. I don't consider anything off limits I'm just trying to limit my intake of some things.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    yes im eating back the calories I burned

Here is most likely your problem.

How many calories are you 'burning' in 30 minutes of exercise? If you are going by MFP, then you are probably recording a lot more burned calories than you are actually burning. Moderate exercise for the average woman probably burns 300-400 per hour, altho MFP will tell you it is 600-800 calories. If you are not using a HRM with a chest strap, like Polar brand, then you are most likely entering too many exercise cals.

Try eating around 1400-1500 per day without adding more exercise cals and see how that works for you for a couple of weeks. If you aren't losing at that point, then lower cals 100 a day, or increase exercise intensity.

Trial and error will be the best way to figure the exact number for you.
  • wrdl1
    wrdl1 Posts: 16
    Options
    so to claify should I not be eating anymore after exercising like eating what I burned in the day is what im meaning?
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    MFP over estimates the calories burned by quite a bit. you're not going into starvation mode after a week (otherwise gastric bypass patients would never lose...), so you're either eating too much, or retaining water.
    also, although a few people have said that its doubtful that you've built up muscle in only one week, if you're a little sore, then your muscles are retaining water in them. Once you start to lose that (take a rest day or two), you should see the scale move.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    so to claify should I not be eating anymore after exercising like eating what I burned in the day is what im meaning?

?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Everything we do is based on estimates. We estimate TDEE. We estimate cals eaten. We estimate cals burned. etc etc etc. All that estimating means there is a lot of room for error, which is where all the "do what works for you" advice comes from.

You need to pick a method - follow MFP's guidelines or don't. Follow the in place of a roadmap approach or don't. Follow what your neighbor's sister's trainer's client's sister said or don't. But pick ONE and do it for a month. Be as honest and consistent with your logging as possible, then evaluate your results.

If your logging shows you are in a deficit but you are gaining, then chances are good that your estimates are wrong (eating more than you think and/or burning less than you think). If your logging shoes you are in a surplus but you are losing, then chances are your estimates are wrong (eating less than you think and/or burning more than you think).

The science is the same for everyone. What changes are the methods. And the gray area comes from the fact that everything is based on estimates.
  • wrdl1
    wrdl1 Posts: 16
    Options
    gotcha thanks bunches!