cats

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
Since we already have a dog thread... (I have two myself) you knew a cat thread had to be on its way.

This is Fluffy Monster. We got her from a cat rescue. She had been abused so she is a bit skittish, but she does love to cuddle... just on her terms. She can be a brat too, but we still love her!

34zj28y.jpg

Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    390987_1612393527908_62232895_n.jpg

this is Sophie. I found her in a dumpster.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Chaz and Katrina...Chaz is 9 and was found in a dumpster...to this day he will eat ANYTHING...he is 9..

.Katrina was part of a rescue last year from a hoarder home that had 150 cats in it near Philadelphia... she wouldnt come near me last March, and is now letting me pet her and sits on my lap when she decides to..she is almost 2.

...and she LOVES Chaz. He tolerates her...lol

IMGP2547.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    kcj951.jpg

I got the size right on this one! WooHoo!

This is Max (officially "Prince Maximilian"), and he's the cat that changed my mind about cats. He is super smart and very loveable.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Chaz and Katrina...Chaz is 9 and was found in a dumpster...to this day he will eat ANYTHING...he is 9..

.Katrina was part of a rescue last year from a hoarder home that had 150 cats in it near Philadelphia... she wouldnt come near me last March, and is now letting me pet her and sits on my lap when she decides to..she is almost 2.

IMGP2547.jpg

Your female is the orange kitty?
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    This is my baby Isis. She was found in a grocery store parking lot at around 3 months old.

isis_window.jpg

Such pretty kitties!!! <3
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    100_0586.jpg

this is Anubis - i am his human, but the whole relationship is on his terms. he's mostly evil. and i love him.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Baby Girl, she started out my sons cat, she became my wife's cat...but the truth is...she likes me the most, whether I want it that way or not.

IMG00217_zps117bbc60.jpg
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

IMGP2547.jpg

yes...

I also foster for the local shelter, and bottle feed the tiny cats...yep..i am crazy
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Baby Girl, she started out my sons cat, she became my wife's cat...but the truth is...she likes me the most, whether I want it that way or not.

IMG00217_zpsb90b19ee.jpg

Aw! Fluffy was supposed to be my daughter's cat, but she refuses to be a "human vending machine". So, as the giver of the food, I'm the favorite! LOL!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

IMGP2547.jpg

yes...

I also foster for the local shelter, and bottle feed the tiny cats...yep..i am crazy

Orange females are rare, ya know! There as common as male calicos.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Tihomir doesn't like his picture being taken he always looks away.

img6963c.jpg
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    We have 3 cats. orange tabby cat that whispers his meows. The calico cat has an attitude and rules the other 2 cats. The gray/white cat is very loud, and loves to cuddle on his terms, and likes to play with our dogs.
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post pictures by cat is my baby! I was never a cat person until I found her. I found her under a B29 Bomber at the Air Force Museum. She still had her umbilical cord attached and we feel like she was probably born that day. I bottle fed her around the clock. I even brought her to work with me for 4 weeks! She's rotten and a useless creature now! She's 9 months old and naturally, her name is Bomber!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This is Yurine, though I usually just call her kitteh, cat, or hey you.

Kitteh.jpg
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Here's my baby Ari Bew he's a Doll Faced Persian and he's spoiled rotten:

Ari3_zps2f0fb2d8.jpg
  • Liz12mae
    Liz12mae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i dont have a picture on my desktop i am using right now... but i have one he is a black/grey tabby and is too funny. he hates all men and most women too... but adores my daughter and i... and my dog...it cracks me up sometimes. he can be such a little grump to everyone else... haha
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cindy
    0801121652b.jpg

and Tigger
    IMG_0529.jpg

They were both adopted when they were 2 months old (now they're 7-8) from a humane shelter. Cindy's a picky princess and she loves to play fetch (and with chirp and demand you shoot the hair tie if she thinks you're going too slow) and Tigger is a doofus who's always sleeping and loves belly rubs.

*eta: huge photos... I don't know how to resize in photobucket.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Elizabeth and Harry (who is about twice that size now!):

LizzieandHarry2_zps4dd07de4.jpg

Hadley and a more recent shot of Harry:

Catsonstairs-1.jpg]
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    cutest_zpsa08d1c1e.jpg

This is Freyja. She came from a shelter this summer, at the age of 2. Like so many cats, she loves us on HER terms.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I have eleven cats, so cannot post pics. They are all rescues- from the shelter, from my vet, and two that adopted me. Romeo sat on my porch and cried and cried to come in. I have been trying to NOT take in more, but he was persistent. And Swoosh (he has a white Nike swoosh on his back) actually ran in the door one day as I was going outside! They are all fixed, all get annual vaccinations. I also fostered three special needs cats for the shelter. One had constant mouth irritation- it looked like hamburger, and had all her teeth removed (it sometimes helps). She kept getting infections in her mouth, and the last one was a MRSA- so I got MRSA and so did my two grandchildren. We had to euthanize her. One had low thryoid levels - he was eventually adopted. And one was a Manx with the bowel/ bladder issues that cause about 40% of Manx kittens to be killed. She eventually died of chronic kidney failure from all the infections she was prone to. Taking in rescues is often heartbreaking, as they often have poor health or genetic issues. I have lost so many over the years from kidney tumors, infections, etc. in spite of vet care. But the rewards are so great. Such love and affection! Oh, I also have two rescue dogs. One I took out of the arms of a man that was beating her when she was just a puppy. She is a Shelty/ Border Collie mix.