i feel like starting a debate. (no disrespect please)

Options
So the topic of religion In schools is becoming more popular among many people (specificly christians from what I have seen. My stance is, "keep it out of schools, its highly disrespectful to people who are not one particualar religion". I would like to know where everyone stands on this subject, just for fun. Again, please refrain from being rude to one another
Sincerely,
Your favorite agnostic

Replies

• hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    -whistling innocently-
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    You should join the debate group.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You wrote Agnostic, this thread is now scheduled for locking in 3..2..
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would like to know where everyone stands on this subject, just for fun.

I do not believe that religion should be in state run/government funded schools. The government should not be associated with any religion.

Private schools however, sure. If people want to pay to send their kids to a religious school, I am sure their god will provide.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    So the topic of religion In schools is becoming more popular among many people (specificly christians from what I have seen. My stance is, "keep it out of schools, its highly disrespectful to people who are not one particualar religion". I would like to know where everyone stands on this subject, just for fun. Again, please refrain from being rude to one another
    Sincerely,
    Your favorite agnostic

have you even read the guidelines?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

seriously people! this is a fitness site. this is not a site for political or religious debates. it's bad enough dealing with that baloney in real life. why do you insist on bringing it in here?
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I agree, keep it out of schools with one exception. if it specified as a religious school (catholic school).
  • GiantsGetDevoured
    Options
    I feel like it NEEDS to be in school. Our founding fathers/Washington
    Made it mandatory to have Bible study because they knew how important it is.
    We can "learn" all the worldly wisdom we want,but the fact is it's pointless.
    Wisdom comes from God,and Jesus walked this earth and paid the full price of our
    Sins so we could be reconciled to Him. Whether you deny it or not,it happened.
    Jesus lived a life of love and compassion,setting an example for I
    Us all to follow.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    You wrote Agnostic, this thread is now scheduled for locking in 3..2..

QFT.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    silly boy, don't you know religion isn't supposed to be fun...
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    IMfYv.jpg
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with no religion in schools as long as the little **ts don't get out for christmas.
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    I'm fine with no religion in schools as long as the little **ts don't get out for christmas.

LOL I'm with you.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    people! this is a fitness site. this is not a site for political or religious debates. it's bad enough dealing with that baloney in real life. why do you insist on bringing it in here?

To be fair, we discuss far more than fitness here, especially in this section. However, the mods created groups specifically for these types of discussion and that is the more appropriate place.

My advice is to not comment in a thread you don't agree with so it won't keep popping up in "my topics" to annoy you.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    IMfYv.jpg

Bwah ha ha, I love this thank you :drinker:
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Sincerely,
    Your favorite agnostic

have you even read the guidelines?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

seriously people! this is a fitness site. this is not a site for political or religious debates. it's bad enough dealing with that baloney in real life. why do you insist on bringing it in here?

Agreed.
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Had to read it twice - you forgot the " ) "

Yeah I don't think the forum rules allow it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    flan.png
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i think we should do whatever it is we were doing many years ago before school shootings.
  • KrysteenBonjour
    KrysteenBonjour Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think it should be from an educational point of view, not a denominational school. I think our youth need to be educated on the values of ALL religions and the histories of them, not necessarily encouraging them to form into a certain religion.
This discussion has been closed.