Suar in milk and bananas

Options
So, I'm reaching my sugar level with just cereal with 2% organic milk and bananas! Is this sane? Can I ignore that sugar and eat like a normal person?

Replies

• Food4Fuel
    Food4Fuel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Depends on who you ask, but honestly sugar is sugar and that's a high sugar meal.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Suar (Suwar or Suvar) was a medieval (9th - 14th century) Volga Bulgarian city, the capital of Suar Duchy in 948-975.

It was situated at Volga's left tributary Ütäk river's upper stream. In the 10th century it coined its own money. Suar was a political, economical and trade center of Volga Bulgaria. After the Mongol invasion of Volga Bulgaria in 1236 the city lost its importance. It is believed that ruins (fortifications, foundations, ruins of palace) are situated in the present day village of Kuzneçixa, Spassky District, Tatarstan.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I am always over what MFP recommends for sugar, but I don't stress over it because almost all of my sugar comes from whole food sources like fruit. Unless you have some sort of health problem that requires you to monitor sugar intake, fruit is not going to hurt you. It is packaged with a lot of fiber as well, which slows the rate at which your body absorbs the sugar. It has not affected my weight loss or my lab work, and my doctor says it's fine.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked my sugar. I should start
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    That's whack. Suar is obvi dangerous. FEAR BANANAS AND MILK!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 of a banana to get the taste but lower the sugar if I want it and its fine in the fridge for the next day too. Just cut the end off so it doesn't look gross.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Suar (Suwar or Suvar) was a medieval (9th - 14th century) Volga Bulgarian city, the capital of Suar Duchy in 948-975.

It was situated at Volga's left tributary Ütäk river's upper stream. In the 10th century it coined its own money. Suar was a political, economical and trade center of Volga Bulgaria. After the Mongol invasion of Volga Bulgaria in 1236 the city lost its importance. It is believed that ruins (fortifications, foundations, ruins of palace) are situated in the present day village of Kuzneçixa, Spassky District, Tatarstan.
    Most helpful post on here.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    thank you for the reminder that i had a nabana in my lunch :)

:flowerforyou:

i stopped looking at my sugar... its over before i even hit breakfast
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    unless you have a medical condition, you don't really need to worry about it. If you want to focus in on anything, make it your macros. I do eat less sugar than I used to primarily due to changing up the % of carbs in my diet because MFP's defaults were way too high in carbs for me and I wanted more protein and heart healthy fats. You can adjust your macros manually...you can also adjust those micros manually as well if it really bothers you.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    So, I'm reaching my sugar level with just cereal with 2% organic milk and bananas! Is this sane? Can I ignore that sugar and eat like a normal person?

Suspect it is the cereal not the milk and bananas that is the sugar problem. We have politicians in the UK talking about banning it at the moment!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Depends on who you ask, but honestly sugar is sugar and that's a high sugar meal.

Meh, disagree about sugar is sugar. Different sugars have different metabolic pathways- Lactose from milk is processed differently than fructose from a banana.

HOWEVER, both of them are fine as part of a balanced diet. I don't track sugar because I have no medical necessity to do so.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I use 1/4 of a banana to get the taste but lower the sugar if I want it and its fine in the fridge for the next day too. Just cut the end off so it doesn't look gross.

a quarter of a banana?

how do you cope?

a banana is like a..um..a cookie... well you just gotta have the whole thing.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

yes.

unless you have a medical reason to track sugar, you can ignore it completely and be just fine. just track your carbs, instead. (many of the most successful people here do just that.)
  • ThinGalInside
    Options
    It's Post Shredded Wheat! That comes out as no sugar, but the milk and bananas reach my limit!
  • ThinGalInside
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I track sugar but ignore the sugar intake from fruit. The sugar from apples, bananas, and grapes can easily put you over your allotment.
  • jennpeele
    Options
    Thank you! This is good to know. While I monitor my calories, I try to get low sugar meals as well. (The Blood Sugar Solution Diet). And yet, I'm always over...because my 1 medium size apple I eat everyday has 16g. When I look at my food history, all my high sugar content comes from fruit. I did some research on the web and have gotten mixed answers. Seeing that you've lost 115lbs gives me confidence the sugar from fruit is OK.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    One fruit to rule them all
    One fruit to bind them
    One fruit to bring them all
    And in the stomach, bind them!!!

4319117+_475162976fb0cb191598f80e8872359d.png
  • zanAspera
    zanAspera Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. Sugar is not Sugar. Glucose, Fructose, Lactose, etc are metabolized very differently. Glucose is immediately usable by every cell in your body. Fructose on the other paw is only metabolized in the liver and is not widely bio-available to the metabolism. It's used by the liver itself, to build up a limited amount of glucogon(which is burned as energy reserves during sustained exertion) and then to triglicerides to be stored as fat.

2. MFP's default sugar goal is based on the World Health Organization(WHO)'s recommendation for "Added Sugar" without any definition of what that means, or what it should or should not include. But it is not meant to relate to inherent sugars in Milk or Fruits... But that is not to say you shouldn't watch the sugar from these sources too.
  • HeatherMale0330
    Options
    One fruit to rule them all
    One fruit to bind them
    One fruit to bring them all
    And in the stomach, bind them!!!

4319117+_475162976fb0cb191598f80e8872359d.png

^^^
    Love this comment!
    29282158.png
    Calorie Counter