Suar in milk and bananas

Options
2»

Replies

• cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I track my sugar and try to stay within the guidelines that MFP has set for me which is 30 grams. I rarely have a banana. I do eat fruit, but, rarely bananas due to the sugar content. I am in maintenance. Edited to say I use half/half in my coffee, and rarely drink milk.

Marie
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    So, I'm reaching my sugar level with just cereal with 2% organic milk and bananas! Is this sane? Can I ignore that sugar and eat like a normal person?

Suspect it is the cereal not the milk and bananas that is the sugar problem. We have politicians in the UK talking about banning it at the moment!

Banning milk and bananas? Dude, your parliament needs some serious help.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    So, I'm reaching my sugar level with just cereal with 2% organic milk and bananas! Is this sane? Can I ignore that sugar and eat like a normal person?

Eating like a normal person... Have you done that before? How did that work out for you? If you did it before and it resulted in a healthier and happier you, then absolutely you should do that. Otherwise, I recommend trying something new.
  • lovechicagobears
    lovechicagobears Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Unless you are diabetic or pre-diabetic, don't worry about the sugar in milk and bananas. It's different from, say, a candy bar. :)

If you are still concerned, you could use raspberries or blackberries next time.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/whatfruit.htm
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,023 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked my sugar. I should start
    Now I'm scared.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a carb. Track carbs, not sugar.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

No sugar in the cereal? That would be the part I'd give up unless you are referring to oatmeal or similar unprocessed/ no added sugar. http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/documents/sugarsinthediet_briefing.pdf
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Suar (Suwar or Suvar) was a medieval (9th - 14th century) Volga Bulgarian city, the capital of Suar Duchy in 948-975.

It was situated at Volga's left tributary Ütäk river's upper stream. In the 10th century it coined its own money. Suar was a political, economical and trade center of Volga Bulgaria. After the Mongol invasion of Volga Bulgaria in 1236 the city lost its importance. It is believed that ruins (fortifications, foundations, ruins of palace) are situated in the present day village of Kuzneçixa, Spassky District, Tatarstan.

It is also a city and a municipal board in Rampur district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

As of 2001[update] India census,[1] Suar had a population of 26,142. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Suar has an average literacy rate of 28%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 34%, and female literacy is 20%. In Suar, 19% of the population is under 6 years of age.
  • ThinGalInside
    Options
    1. Sugar is not Sugar. Glucose, Fructose, Lactose, etc are metabolized very differently. Glucose is immediately usable by every cell in your body. Fructose on the other paw is only metabolized in the liver and is not widely bio-available to the metabolism. It's used by the liver itself, to build up a limited amount of glucogon(which is burned as energy reserves during sustained exertion) and then to triglicerides to be stored as fat.

2. MFP's default sugar goal is based on the World Health Organization(WHO)'s recommendation for "Added Sugar" without any definition of what that means, or what it should or should not include. But it is not meant to relate to inherent sugars in Milk or Fruits... But that is not to say you shouldn't watch the sugar from these sources too.

THank you!!
  • susannahsutton1
    Options

Suspect it is the cereal not the milk and bananas that is the sugar problem. We have politicians in the UK talking about banning it at the moment!

Banning milk and bananas? Dude, your parliament needs some serious help.

Cereal duh. If I was referring to milk and bananas I would have said "them"
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Suar (Suwar or Suvar) was a medieval (9th - 14th century) Volga Bulgarian city, the capital of Suar Duchy in 948-975.

It was situated at Volga's left tributary Ütäk river's upper stream. In the 10th century it coined its own money. Suar was a political, economical and trade center of Volga Bulgaria. After the Mongol invasion of Volga Bulgaria in 1236 the city lost its importance. It is believed that ruins (fortifications, foundations, ruins of palace) are situated in the present day village of Kuzneçixa, Spassky District, Tatarstan.

But no mention of milk and bananas. History fails us again.
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't differentiate between 'good' and 'bad' sugars if there are such things, it lumps them all together.

I keep under my sugar limit for the day, it generally means I eat no processed sugars, no fruit and only have milk in my coffee. I've found that weight loss is a lot more rapid when on low sugar diets, but I'm cranky as hell and fatigue very, very easily, so...well...watch out for that.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    a banana is like a..um..a cookie... well you just gotta have the whole thing.

This!