protein shakes

Options
13»

Replies

• 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    MRM Chocolate All Natual Egg White protein shake is delicious, low cal, and packed with vitamins. It fills you up and makes you smile :) Did I say it is delicious? LOL>
  • Skatduder
    Skatduder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just get any whey protein and make your own shakes. Anything from sams club/costco or walmart will work, as long as its whey protein. I like to freeze bananas and throw them in my shake along with frozen strawberries (no need to add ice). 2 scoops whey protein, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 frozen banana, and half cup cottage cheese and blend it all together.. this will yield around 4 cups and 800 calories. It tastes amazing IMO and it sits in your stomach for a while :). You can throw spinach in there and blend it all together too! You won't even taste it.

I like something similar.. makes a nice quick milk shake.. depending on my calories I cut down the banana or oatmeal..
    Great for after a workout or anytime.. I used to add a spoon of peanut butter too.. but had to stop buying it because of late night spooning.. lol..

Blend
    6-8 ice cubes
    1) scoop of Gold Standard Whey, double chocolate
    1) banana
    1 tablespoon fat seed
    1-2 tablespoons oatmeal
    1/2 cup Vanilla non-fat Almond milk

Makes about one big glass depending on your ice cubes..

Enjoy
  • bigjretrac
    bigjretrac Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    All just to to save a few dollars.

The difference between $15 and $100 is more than just "a few".
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Xyngular Lean are great. Taste like funfetti cake batter and are much cheaper in price per serving
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    All just to to save a few dollars.

The difference between $15 and $100 is more than just "a few".

Well $100 gets you a 10lb bag of ON whey, while the $15 is for 2lbs of body fortress. So times 5 gives $60 and if it has half the protein content per scoop then you're really paying $120 for an equivalent amount of the body fortress stuff.
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    im a girl so therefore i prefer pea protein .. i know girls wont bulk up from whey protein because we dont have nearly as much testosterone but i find that pea protein is better for me ! anyways i drink it with about 3/4 of whatever is the lowest percent milk in my fridge some blackberries, cinnamon and half of a banana.. keeps me so full!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    That is what I do also. One shake I do. Water crystal lite tsp. (lemonade) 1tsp. Vanilla pudding. Is so yummy....
  • JennyVirginia
    Options
    I use Pure Protein; the triple chocolate shake is my favorite. I'm on a tight budget so this works for my pocket book. I can get it at Walmart for $9.97. One scoop has 100 calories, 4 net carbs, 3g fiber and 15g of protein. I usually make a shake consisting of one scoop of powder, 1 cup unsweetened Silk Almond Milk and a half cup of mixed berries. Good Luck to you!