Menstral cycle...ugh.

Options
13»

Replies

• madisonsteelex
    Options
    It's only water weight, you're a woman! you have a uterus! I gain 5-6 lbs in the 2 weeks before my period and it stays until about 2 days after. Its part of being a woman, just wait until your period is over
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm going with pull your uterus out and burn it. That's what I would do... if it weren't for the fact that it would hurt. Watching it burn would probably be pretty cool though. :bigsmile:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You'll have to get used to fluctuations in your weight. It happens to everyone (men too) and it's just part of life.

Agreed. Everyone fluctuates on the scale, just accept that fact and deal with it. Look at the bigger picture.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I've lost 4.2 pounds thru diet and exercise since starting last Friday. I weigh daily. I started my period today and worry that I'll see a gain when I step on the scale tomorrow. Weigh? Wait until my period is over and weigh? Pull my uterus out and burn it! :) I'm open to suggestions!!
    You don't need to pull it out and burn it, they just stick a laser up your hoo hah and burn the lining away. My mother had it done so she doesn't menstruate anymore. I was lucky enough to just naturally not menstruate. There are also birth contol pills where you take an active pill every day to stop mentruation.

Just an FYI - not having your uterus doesn't mean you won't cycle. I don't have my uterus, but I still have my ovaries. I still go through my cycle every month, but I don't menstruate.

Why you would want to voluntary go through a procedure like the one described above (unless it was for a medical issue) is beyond me. But, I guess it's your body and your business, so party on, Wayne.