OMG ARE THEY SERIOUS????

Options
2»

Replies

• tazlady
    tazlady Posts: 60
    Options
    THEY ALSO give her packets of pills too. not just shots.. the pills vary from week to week . some of these pills are dangerous and this diet she is on is too.. there is no way she can continue to loose weight health fully on this diet because in the real world it is unrealistic .
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My sister went on a similar diets years ago...lost 80lbs and gained all of it back! She now does not diet and has been walking and eating healthy and she lost 20lbs and looks great and healthy!
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wow.

I am really not sure how they can get away with that
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    ketosis is not healthy. Ketones show up in your urine when you're diabetic!! Not to say this diet will make a person diabetic I'm saying ketones are indicative that there is something wrong!!

Ketones cause urine and breath to have acetone in them for diabetic persons - and for someone who is diabetic or prediabetic this is not a good thing, and is caused by a specific Ketone - one that we cannot use in our bodies - however Keotones are caused during fat metabolism, and many of them are usefull to us. When you eat less carbs your body starts to burn fat instead and this is when more Keotones are produced.

The only reason that I know ANY of this is a)my mother in law is diabetic and she explained it to me because b) this is close - not the same but close - to the clean eating that we are doing, and the nutrionist mentioned Ketones in passing and I didnt know what she was talking about :laugh:

I disagree completely with this diet as I read it. That sounds rediculess - what about the food groups!! We need Veggies and grains to run our bodies too!!! I understand the basis of it - but it just cant work long term....
  • MMLong3996
    Options
    Our local weight loss clinic - that's been in business for at least 20+ years - also does the shots and "pill packets" but gives you a VERY low fat/calorie diet to follow. I tried it once and never lost more than 5 lbs. I have friends that go and do very well on it. Of course, I think they're starving themselves and eating nothing but plain grilled chicken and plain brown rice. But who am I to question them? lol

This plan does look like a very drastic Atkin's Diet. It also puts you into ketosis - at least you hope - during/after the first two weeks, or Induction period. And of course, it cuts out all fruits and veggies that are high on the sugar scale or high starches. But even as long as I did that plan, this one is much more strict and sounds rather dangerous to me!
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This looks very dangerous.