New diet, new view on life

Options
audrenr
audrenr Posts: 21 Member
I just started my eating well this week and was researching an online journal. I found myfitnesspal.com and I think it will be very helpful in my journey. I do have some tips, hopefully for success, we will see :)

1. I made "dinner" cards for my husband and I. They are just small peices of paper that have a healthy meals we enjoy, and the ingredients in it. Not recipes, but just what is in it so I know what to get at the grocery store. This will help me from getting junk at the store. I have my husband pick 5 he likes and I go grocery shopping for those items.

2. Go grocery shopping once a week. I notice the more I go to the store, the more tempted I am to buy things I don't need (i.e. desserts, wine, unhealthy snacks). This will also help with watching your wallet.

3. Try new things. The cards I made are our "regular" dinners we make. I find that if we eat them a lot, then we get bored and decide we don't want to cook and go out to eat instead. Any one that has any good and simple meal ideas, please let me know. (Simple being that I am a working mom and don't have a lot of time to cook).

Hope this helps and I hope to hear from you soon!
Happy dieting!

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Those are really good ideas! I also find that I buy less 'junk' (and save money) if I shop weekly!

For recipes that everyone in MY family has enjoyed try eatbetteramerica.com. A lot of their recipes are easy and they also taste good!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That is a super idea! Meal planning is very helpful and you are doing that. And yes you are right about mixing it up or you will get bored of eating the same foods. Not sure what you have for meals already. But taco are great and easy to make meat ahead and freeze, baked boneless chicken stuffed with feta cheese with olive oil, lime juice, garlic, pepper and parsley mixed together and poured over the top. Sweet potato fries. Baked potato topped with cottage cheese or chili.
  • rhonswan
    rhonswan Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you will find lots of good support here! I love the idea of the dinner cards and think I will try that myself. I have the same problem w/ shopping and menu planning, it's the biggest reason we eat out (and therefore I fall completely off the weight loss wagon) so much. I have gotten better lately though and your ideas just might help keep me on track!:bigsmile:

Rhonda
  • asheldon2010
    Options
    Hi:
    I just read your entry. Congratulations!! I also just started again, this is my 2nd week eating healthy and exercising.
    I like the post card idea, thats great!.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching trying to understand why I can loose weight but never keep it off for more than 6 months.
    In digging deep and doing a lot of reading, I realize that what I believe about myself what my self concept is and what I think have so much to do with who I am on the outside. One of the most important things I learned is that I deserve to be thin and I am worthy of all the good things that come with being thin. And if I believe that I can loose the weight and keep it off forever than I can.

You are a beautiful person and also deserve to be thin and healthy. Visualize how you want to look when you reach your goal and put that image in your head everyday and tell yourself that you are making healthy choices and each day you are getting closer to you goal. Forgive yourself when you goof up, and get right back on the wagon.

Believe in yourself and you can conquer anything.
    Best of health and happiness to you.
    When we love ourselves we wont want to do the wrong thing.
  • audrenr
    audrenr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas and support. The thing I have learned the most from all the dieting I have done over the years, is YOU CAN'T DO IT ALONE. Just like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a country to change bad habits :wink: