What my boyfriend did to me!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    i agree that my boyfriend could help by not bringing the temptation into the house. Prior to him, I was successful by not having the junk food around and maintaining healthy eating habits. My boyfriend is trying to eat healthier but also is prone to late night eating of junk food and sweets. I'm finding myself preferring to not be around him in the evenings and, instead, retreating to a different room of the house. It's a catch 22 because I really do enjoy his presence, I just don't have the willpower to be with him while he's eating some of my favorite treats.

On the plus side, he is enjoying the freshly extracted vegetable juices I am a fan of and even makes them on his own for us from time to time. But, overall, it seemed like I was going more into his direction (nutritionally downhill) rather than the pulling him upwards towards mine. I love him and want to keep him around for a long time!

Strong first post....
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Relationships are the worst if you dont involve exercise. I got massive from my relationship and I was smoking too. One day after getting out of breath walking up stairs I quit cold turkey(never looked back) and I looked at myself in the mirror and said Im not going to get fat just because im comfortable.

Now Im at a great weight(still want too loose to get the abs to show) and quite fit and even have my gf involved in mfp and exercising now.

Feel free to add me if you want some motivation or looking for a mfp pal that's on mfp quite often.
  • matthewsism
    Options
    Relationships can get very sedentary. Marriage in particular. Getting home from work and sitting to eat in front of the television is how mine seemed to go. Our Sunday dog walk was always leveled by the pub lunch after. Then for an art project I decided to put myself on a starvation diet I called it 30 pounds in 30 days. And then hubcap started secretly visiting a gym. We both got really hot and then we split up. Haha. Then I felt insecure and depressed and ate a million donuts. Haha. Now I'm better, especially after dating a boy half my age. Woohoo! What an ego boost! And nothing sedentary about a younger man I can tell you that! ;)
  • Khamara_01
    Khamara_01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So true, relationships always get me, i have gain 2kgs since starting my new relationship, but ive just lost it!!! ill add you as a friend :) you can do it!!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    aeayhg.jpg

I'm sure there's many people on here who have put on "happy relationship" weight.
    Hey, i'm one too. Over 100lbs to be exact.
    So here i am, ready to lose it.
    We want a long and hapy life together, and that means taking action.
    Always looking for friends, and i'm a very active member,
    Bearing in mind the first picture is when we met, the second is now :'(
    xx

LOL.... I know the feeling, i gained betweeen 35-40 in the last 3 years.... and he gained probably 10 lol.. sucks!
  • jenn_boomz
    jenn_boomz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Haha, I jokingly blame my partner for the few pounds I gained in the first year of our relationship. While he's fit and and active, it's just not at the same level that I am, PLUS he has a young daughter. Gratefully, while he is very attracted to me physically, he is in love with me because of my wit, charm, confidence, and ability (of course, as I would never be with someone who judged me by my bmi).

One day, I just decided to make the time for myself to get back on my regular workout regimen. I'm active, but without working out on top of daily bike commuting and bike polo, I tend to get softer. It was hard for me to manage my time at first with the kid's added schedule to the mix, but I just reversed my day, and it works. Instead of working out after I get home from work, I get up an hour and a half earlier, and do it before everyone gets up. That way, I don't "run out of time" at the end of the day, getting lost in fixing supper and helping with homework.

Now, I'm pretty much back to where I was when we first met, and actually feeling much fitter. Luckily, he's super supportive, and helps me if I just communicate to him that I need some time alone to workout.
  • Karen5216
    Karen5216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I date a morbidly obese guy, and I got fat right along with him. We had TERRIBLE eating habits, and were sedentary. This was 3 years ago. Since then I have broken up with him & lost 90 pounds. I am now dating a guy who is in shape, and he is a runner. We started running together in April. We eat healthy, and we exercise together. Can't imagine it any other way!
  • cak720
    cak720 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Being in a comfortable relationship definately takes it's toll on the scale !!! I am up 40 from when I was single ... I have been with my BF for 7 years so I guess that isn't TOO bad but I still have got to lose this extra weight. Add me as a friend and we can keep each other motivated !!!