> 300 cals dinner ideas?

Options
head_in_rainbows
head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
Hi guys! I need some idea for light dinners (under 300 cals). My biggest meal of a day is lunch so i'd liek to keep the dinner light. I have been eating salads for several months now and I'd like something different. Any ideas?

Replies

• Queen8shaq
    Options
    Bump.
    Looking for the same ideas. You might want to check our skinnytaste.com
  • sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump me too!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I need some idea for light dinners (under 300 cals). My biggest meal of a day is lunch so i'd liek to keep the dinner light. I have been eating salads for several months now and I'd like something different. Any ideas?

> /= <
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options

> /= <

I was just about to say the same thing lol...I clicked on the thread thinking "How the hell can you not eat more then 300 calories for dinner?" Then I saw the typo.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna with some brown rice
    2 Poached eggs on 1 piece of brown/wholemeal toast
    Half bagel with some cream cheese or a meat
    Cod in Parma ham on roasted vegetables with a light dusting of breadcrumbs and a cheese
    Soup
    Ryvita with flavoured tuna, cheeses or meat
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hey no fair if everyone Bumps! We don't get any Ideas!!! :sad:
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I make an awesome "Buffalo Chicken Salad" for dinner for the kids that they love. I love it too!!

Get pre-cooked perdue chicken, original flavor, a bottle of Franks Red Hot, lettuce, and either blue cheese dressing, or laughing cow blue cheese wedges.

Dice up the chicken, and spray a frying pan with Pam - cook the chicken until hot. Add some Franks Red Hot (to taste). If you are using laughing cow cheese, once the red hot is cooked onto the meat, toos in a LC cheese wedge, and cook until melted. Pour over a bed of lettuce, and eat! If you dont use LC Cheese, pour over lettuce, and add a little blue cheese dressing...

Either way, its usually les than 300 calories! One of my FAVORITE meals on weekends! I even make this for lunch sometimes.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken with any kind of vegetables like broccoli or streamed green beans
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The carbs are usually the biggest make up of the calories, so look at something with very little of those (or else just have a small portion of rice, pasta, potatoes etc.)

Pasta sauce over cooked cauliflower.
    Soup.
    Grilled meat and loads of veggies.
    Omelette
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Also a chicken stirfry may be a good idea
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Seafood Pho (I have a topic on my recipe on here)

Turkey Chili (can send you a recipe if you want)

Boca Burgers on Sandwich Thins with a small or medium sweet potato side.

A ton of things if you use Shirataki noodles!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm big on making a big pot of veggie soups and freezing individual portions. Make a large batch loaded up with whatever veggies you have or whatever is in season, I like to add a little barley for texture, and bam. Delicious low cal, low fat dinner ready at anytime.
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    soup and bread or crackers?
    Chciken with veg, no potatoes?
    Baked beans on toast. (maybe this one just for the brits...)
    Little bit of pasta with tomato based sauce?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Giant bowl of calorie free noodles with 300 cal's of sauce on top
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    4 oz Pork Tenderloin. I like Kroger's pre-marinated Private Selection Peppercorn flavor
    2/3 cup Frozen Green Peas
    Small Baked Potato or 1/2 cup of the Kroger meals made simple mashed potatoes

It's my go to when I'm low on calories for dinner.
  • Caligirl243
    Caligirl243 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Spaghetti Squash? Its easy. You buy a Spaghetti Squash, cut in half, pull out seeds and pulp. Put foil on a cookie sheet. I spread a lil olive oil on the cookie sheet so it doesnt stick. Place squash face down, bake 375 for about an hour.
    After it cools, use fork to shred inside of squash and it looks like spaghetti. Add a lil marinara sauce to it and away you go. Its light, under 300 calories, filling and all VEGGIES!
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I never understand why people dont eat an actual meal?

Chicken, broc, rice.
    Salmon, asparugus, quinoa.
    Tilapia, bell peppers, rice.
    Steak, veggies... ect.
    Its really not that hard...
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There's a Greek spaghetti squash recipe that I absolutely LOVE and it's ridiculously low cal.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-i/
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I make an awesome "Buffalo Chicken Salad" for dinner for the kids that they love. I love it too!!

Get pre-cooked perdue chicken, original flavor, a bottle of Franks Red Hot, lettuce, and either blue cheese dressing, or laughing cow blue cheese wedges.

Dice up the chicken, and spray a frying pan with Pam - cook the chicken until hot. Add some Franks Red Hot (to taste). If you are using laughing cow cheese, once the red hot is cooked onto the meat, toos in a LC cheese wedge, and cook until melted. Pour over a bed of lettuce, and eat! If you dont use LC Cheese, pour over lettuce, and add a little blue cheese dressing...

Either way, its usually les than 300 calories! One of my FAVORITE meals on weekends! I even make this for lunch sometimes.
    I make something similar, Tabasco sauce has come out with a "buffalo" sauce & it is fantastic! I also use Lo Fat blue cheese dressing. SOOO good!