What has fitnesspal got against us brits ?

Options

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I asked a Brit MyFitnessPal about your problem and suggested she help ya out--her profile shows her proper location in England. So if a BerryH offers assistance, she's cool :)

Good luck!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It picked mine up and I'm in Taiwan, I'm a brit though...wish MFP had stones and pounds....
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I AM from the Sunshine state. Raised in San Diego, now living in Palm Springs. Trust me, we're not all pretty and fit ;-) . And actually, I'm the palest of the cousins and the rest of them all live up in Washington State!

We Brits LURVE the USA.....................all of it :):wink:

That's not what I've heard. I had a friend who once visited England and she said that Canadians made sure to wear an image of the Canadian flag somewhere on their clothing because the Brits were super nice to Canadians, but often downright rude to Americans. Of course, she could have been biased because she is Canadian. I don't know this to be true personally. I've never visited England (though I've always wanted to because I have ancestral history there), but any Brits I've met here in the states have always seemed really nice to me.
  • lyndaglass1
    Options
    I AM from the Sunshine state. Raised in San Diego, now living in Palm Springs. Trust me, we're not all pretty and fit ;-) . And actually, I'm the palest of the cousins and the rest of them all live up in Washington State!

That's not what I've heard. I had a friend who once visited England and she said that Canadians made sure to wear an image of the Canadian flag somewhere on their clothing because the Brits were super nice to Canadians, but often downright rude to Americans. Of course, she could have been biased because she is Canadian. I don't know this to be true personally. I've never visited England (though I've always wanted to because I have ancestral history there), but any Brits I've met here in the states have always seemed really nice to me.

LOL I have NEVER heard of such a thing, the average brit would not know the difference between and American and a Canadian :)
  • lyndaglass1
    Options
    It picked mine up and I'm in Taiwan, I'm a brit though...wish MFP had stones and pounds....

Stones scare me lol................I much prefer pounds................I sound lighter lol x
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhh the frustration of having to sign up to a state in California just to join mfp ! It wouldnt accept a UK postcode and made me say that I ;live in a place full of sunshine and gorgeous people..............no matter, when I am a little less chunky maybe I will visit the sunshine state.............happy days :)

Love and less calories to all the new members :)
    Florida is the Sunshine State.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    worked for me perfically, right down to the village and voteing region lol
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I asked a Brit MyFitnessPal about your problem and suggested she help ya out--her profile shows her proper location in England. So if a BerryH offers assistance, she's cool :)

Good luck!
    Yeah I'm cool!

When I set mine up I entered UK as the country and MFP gave me England as an option for state. Entering my post code gave me my local voting district, which was weird and a bit specific, so I overwrote that with my home town.

If you don't see that, maybe it's a setting on your tablet and you might be better of on PC?

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    us Americans..... NOW? You really want to know?? Here it comes ..... we are the fattest.

Well the UK is giving you a good run for your money in that department these days also!
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I didn't need to put in a USA zip code when I registered, although if I did I'm sure I would have gone for 90210 just because it's the only one I know (thank you television).
  • lyndaglass1
    Options
    Hahaha! And you chose Beverly Hills? Awesome!

I had no idea MFP had this problem. Sorry MFP is so ethnocentric... only us Americans want to get fit I guess ;)

I shall become a ( real housewife of Beverly Hills ! adore that show lol
  • rml_16
    Options

I have friends who were in London separately around the same time, both Americans. One friend said she hated it and everyone was very rude and awful and the other one said it was wonderful and she had no problems at all.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

i hear that's true for a lot of travelers, and americans will even pose as canadians so people won't be nasty. but now europeans/foreign countries are catching on!! i think being kind, speaking the local language, and being thankful will go a long way, rather than publicly stating where you're from :flowerforyou:
  • lyndaglass1
    Options
    I am pretty sure I didn't need to put in a USA zip code when I registered, although if I did I'm sure I would have gone for 90210 just because it's the only one I know (thank you television).

LOL thats exactly what i did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    maybe they think the brits are all in great shape not like us chubby americans who super size everything ! ....no disrespect US..
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada, it accepted my postal code!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada, it accepted my postal code!

Me too
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have friends who wee in London separately around the same time, both Americans.

Well there's your problem, going around pissing on everything is sure to get people's heckles up...
  • rml_16
    Options
    I have friends who wee in London separately around the same time, both Americans.

Well there's your problem, going around pissing on everything is sure to get people's heckles up...
    *grumble*
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    is it just me or do you guys suddenly have the urge to watch the Wizard of Oz?