What's your response when you get dumped?

Options

Replies

• PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I use the "I faked it" card....

Vicious. lol

I know! Follow it up with "and your hotdog is small" and laugh as you walk away... :smokin:

It's even more funny when it's true. :laugh:
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I use the "I faked it" card....
    LOL. Doing this. (;
    "You know that ONE time? Yeah..........BACK TO ZERO."
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Last time I was dumped was 1976....her loss and my gain, found my true love in 1978...still together...oooo Today is Throwback Thursday..post a pic SW is SuperWife...no dumping here!
  • bartenderqt
    bartenderqt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My reaction was usually none at all unless I asked for their friend's number or something. Who wants to bother with someone who doesn't want them. There are too many fish in the sea.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've never been dumped. However, twice now I've gotten the "I'm not ready for a relationship, but can we still casually date?" Umm...like I don't know what that really means! Oh and the first guy that told me this I just said "Oh that's okay...I've been casually dating you the whole time."
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Used this the times I was dumped, said in a sarcastic way: "well, nice meeting you, now you can leave"

As a poster said before me, life goes on.
  • janjab78
    Options
    I'm married now and usually was the dumper, but I was dumped twice when I was dating. Both times I was pretty cool about it. I didn't get upset or anything. I just said ok. Both times I think they expected more of a reaction, but I don't really see getting dumped as rejection. I mean, the other person thought I was attractive, smart and fun enough to hang around with for a while. If they found out it wasn't going to work quicker than I did, then that's good. At least we weren't wasting time on something that wasn't going to work in the end anyhow.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I never said, go up! Okay? I just said, lightly around. It's like a...like a little button. You know what? Not your issue anymore.

^ not me, but best response to a break up ever.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have said "Thanks" and smiled and walked away, it confused the hell out of him..
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    The last time I was dumped, I was about 15 years old, so I cried... then scratched his face out of my yearbook. Yep, I was THAT girl lol
    I wasn't with anyone long enough to be dumped from then till I was 17 when I started dating my now husband..
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    "Oh by the way, I'm late"
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    "Meh. I'll live."
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    I've only been dumped once, and it was BRUUUUUUUUTAL. I chased the man around the house trying to claw his face off. Hey, the guy was cheating on me with my best friend and I'd just birthed our second son... so sue me.

Since then, I meet dumpage with a fierce helping of "Good riddance."
  • mandybledsoe
    mandybledsoe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have never been dumped, and now I am married so hopefully I never do!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Man some of y'all need to grow up.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    Yep, I was THAT girl lol
    I think we were all that girl as teenagers... At least, I know I was...
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    "that's fine" :happy:

but when my fiance and I first started dating, we broke up about a month and a half in...I said "that's fine" and then promptly went home and bawled my fool face off. The break up lasted 24 hours, 5 years later we're still going strong. I knew that he was someone special because I CRIED?!?!?! I never cried when i got dumped, i just moved on.
  • KatyCrum6969
    Options
    "Oh by the way, I'm late"
    LOL.
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    :sad: ....:grumble: ....:happy:

^ breakup timeline.

Sad...pissed...over it.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I don't have a verbal response. I cycle women like I cycle calories.