Free foods

Options
124»

Replies

• Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Stay away from Fad diets...

Even Tommy Lasorda knows it dont work for sustainability...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGYPxwMtWuccwty6XVecvKqGD1wbi8xrTZrz_d0QwkvtTnksB_
    When Tommy got fat again, did he have to return the money to Slim Fast?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't agree that the weight will pile right back on when you stop drinking the shakes. If you go back to eating a calorie surplus, you will gain the weight back, same as with anything. I actually do have a smoothie most mornings for breakfast and find it sustainable and keeps me happy. Days I don't want one, I have something else. You said your shakes are low sugar and high protein, what about fat? How much is high protein? Add in some fat. Eat a .25 cup of nuts or seeds, blend some chia seeds or peanut butter into your shake. You would also save money making your own drinks at home with a blender if you can. You can assemble the ingredients the night before and just toss it in the blender and hit blend.

Like I said, mine keep me happy, but they usually have 30 g protein and have lots of fat and fiber. You can even blend spinach or kale in taste free. Strawberries make a great smoothie base.

Make sure you get adequate fat, protein, and fiber, and let the carbs fall where they may.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Also, I don't know the calories, but you may need more food and calories overall too.
  • keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Options
    If you have time to go to the cart and wait in line to pay for a muffin, you have time to make your own breakfast....

Keep a fruit bowl and grab something like a banana, or an apple on the way out to work. Buy ready made snack packs of raisins / nuts and keep a few in your bag, or get a slow cooker, chuck in some milk, oats and water before bedtime and you'll wake up to ready made hot porridge. You could also try making your own low cal muffins? Freeze a batch so your not tempted to eat them all and just take one out of the freezer the night before work.