Alternative to creamer for coffee

1235»

Replies

• ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I find that a shot of whiskey flavours the coffee nicely but isnt really low calories and maybe not right for the morning come to think about it
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    I just use my normal flavored coffee creamer in my coffee everyday. I usually have multiple cups of coffee, but I use my fancy, full fat creamer [pumpkin spice lately] in my first cup of the day & then just drink black coffee or use FF half & half in the others. It's my daily treat for myself & I'm able to fit it easily into my calorie goals since it's first thing in the morning. Everything in moderation! I will say though that in return for making this switch, I've stopped buying fancy espresso out. If I buy coffee on campus, I get black coffee & add half & half. Lower calorie & cheaper too!
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    I tried So Delicious Coconut Milk "Creamer" about a week ago. The original flavor has 10 calories, 1 carb, and 1 gram of sugar for 1 tbsp. It also comes in french vanilla and hazelnut. It was better than I expected. I'll probably buy it again when I get bored with my trusty fat free Half and Half.

I recently discovered this stuff, as well. It's no full-on Coffemate, but it's a decent substitute at MUCH less calories. The original is my least favorite, but at 10 cal/TBSP ( I use at least 3 TBSP per 2 cup mug of coffee), it's hard to go back. A sweet, creamy mug in the afternoons keeps me from wanting other evil sweet things.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    In Australia most people just use regular cows milk. Almost no one would think to use creamers.

QFT. I find the whole creamer thing so odd and I hope it never catches on here

It's the strangest thing.

I like my coffee like I like my men, though... dark and bitter.
  • yolohunter
    yolohunter Posts: 79 Member
    A splash of vanilla almond milk and half a packet of stevia....add ice- boom- best iced coffee ever! :)
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    I find that a shot of whiskey flavours the coffee nicely but isnt really low calories and maybe not right for the morning come to think about it

Well, if you're going to go THERE, a healthy shot of VanGogh double espresso vodka is quite divine in the weekend cuppa.
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 391 Member
    If you like the super creamy taste/texture in your coffee-try this: Nestle Media Crema Ligera. It is a canned light cream found in the Hispanic/Mexican food section of grocery stores. 20 calories per tablespoon, 2 grams of fat. If you want flavor with it, add something like nutmeg or cinnamon, or extracts like vanilla. If sugar is not an issue, you can add honey, stevia, raw or brown sugar, etc but of course those add more calories. You can find at Walmart, here is a link with photo to see what it looks like.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nestle-Media-Crema-Ligera-Lite-Table-Cream-7.6-fl-oz/24389396

By the time you try all of the other alternative options to using something like Coffemate, seems like they all add up the same to just using the creamer. Moderation is probably the key for all of us creamer addicts.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    I used to use the fat free half and half, but I quit using it because of all the stuff in it. There is no such thing as fat free cream!

\\
    I tried So Delicious Coconut Milk "Creamer" about a week ago. The original flavor has 10 calories, 1 carb, and 1 gram of sugar for 1 tbsp. It also comes in french vanilla and hazelnut. It was better than I expected. I'll probably buy it again when I get bored with my trusty fat free Half and Half.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Today I used coconut oil, almond milk and some sugar
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    I agree my goodness!! But I did find this last weekend drops like the koolaid drops for coffee. They had two flavors vanilla and caramel. I go them both. Now they do not add cream part but they do the flavor, so maybe with skim milk???? Anyway they are zero calorie and little drops like they have for water but is for coffee.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    I make a cappuccino in the morning and use half a cup of milk and one pump of Amoretti coffee syrup. A pump of the syrup is 70 cals. You could always do half a pump, but I don't mind spending the extra calories on the full pump.
  • Jooliebean
    Jooliebean Posts: 57 Member
    "SO DELICIOUS" Coconut milk creamer. VERY healthy...low in fat and calories...and an AWESOME non-dairy substitute for all you vegans out there. ;)
    Cheers!
    x
This discussion has been closed.