Post weight losses. Hold me accountable (Thanks!)

Options

Replies

• Tiffany
    Options
    Try doing multiple 10 minute sessions of cardio such as Turbo Jam, Billy Blanks Tae Bo, etc. In 10 minutes you can burn around 100 calories with Turbo Jam. Do three sessions a day and you already burned 300 calories without noticing it. Cut back on 200 calories and walah you will lose 1 pound a week.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job ladies!!!!!

I weighed myself yesterday and the scale said 123... I think it's sooooo wrong.
    I didn't weigh myself for a few weeks after yesterday b/c the batteries were done.
    I started MFP in August of last year (this is a new username). I weighed 136.
    I was 126 last time I posted my weight on here.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    HEEELLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    This is my first time on since just before Thanksgiving. Wow, what at time I have had in the past 8 weeks. I won't give you all the details, but due to a new and unexpected, not to mention totally awesome job, I just can't log in like I used too. I was thrilled to see some of my favorite posters still on and typing away keeping folks motivated as well as reaching targets or maintaining weight.

Due to all my craziness lately and not being able to take all the time I need to get exercise I am completely fine with the fact that I have not gained a single ounce since I was last on. I didn't loose any either - but at least I didn't go backwards!

I hope to stay somewhat more connected now because I have too - I need to get my health back as a priority. So for right now, I'm at 145 and my goal is to be at 135 by February 29 when I go on vacation and become a beach bunny! Cheers to all in this New Year - may every goal you set for yourself become an achievement! Hugs, Julie
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    well done everyone!!

Nice to see you back julieofthewolves, your new job sounds interesting! And thats amazing not putting any weight back on, it just goes to show what you have kearned and that you will keep the weight off for life!!

Last weigh in of 2007 i weigh 197lbs, started in october weighing 231

total loss 34lbs, am so happy to be under 200 before 2008 started!!

:drinker:
  • gumby1707
    gumby1707 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody....

I started on the 14th of December at 178. Today I am at 171!!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    This is my baby - (this thread). So I want to keep it going.

I finally broke my plateau. I lost 3 pounds this week so far. YAY.

At 170 - again!
    Started at 195 on Aug 22.

Good luck all. Bump :wink:

Cheryl
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Great job Cheryl!

Keep it up!
    I'm going to start weighing-in next week.
    I'll help you keep this thread going.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    134 today!!!
    9 more pounds to go!!!!

does anyone find that the closer you are to ur goal the harder it becomes??

p.s. Congrats to ALL of you!!!
  • leahdan0523
    Options
    January 2007: 280
    January 2008: 190
    May 2008: 160
    yay!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    134 today!!!
    9 more pounds to go!!!!

does anyone find that the closer you are to ur goal the harder it becomes??

p.s. Congrats to ALL of you!!!

For me it is just b/c I tend to slack off a bit than gain back a few pounds.
  • trishara
    Options
    So Here's my weight right now. Just Started so not much to report yet.

Started 1/2/08 166
    Still 166, but at least I didn't gain.
    Goal is 134/5
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Aug 30 205
    Sept 15 200.2
    Sept 23 197.5
    Oct 1 190.8
    Oct 7 186.2
    Oct 17 185.8
    Oct 25 180.2
    Oct 29 179.4
    Nov 28 174.2
    Dec 2 176.4
    Dec 16 171.6
    Dec 26 173
    Jan 7 171.0

Slowed down abit during Christmas and New Year's. But at least I didn't kill what I worked on for so long. Yea! Now in a size 12 pants, didn't think I would ever see that again. I really need to work more on my upper body than I am. Goals, goals,goals.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I was 192 on New Year's Day & 189 today. 3 pounds GONE!:drinker: Editing to add that this loss puts my total at 50 pounds since September....YIPPEE:laugh:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    That is awesome JulieB21, I ate so much good stuff during the holidays I didn't expect to drop much, but if I had lost 50 lbs I'd be darned proud of it too! Good for you girl. Oh my cardio workouts dropped too so maybe I'll up them a bit:bigsmile:
  • ksgirl
    ksgirl Posts: 14
    Options
    My sponsor in Alcoholics Anonymous was always big on accountability; stressed the importance of regular attendance at a home group meeting, where you see the same faces and people get to know you. So I will use this thread as my "home group" for fitness.

I started this journey January 7, 2008 at 150 lbs.
    I would like to get down to 125 lbs.

I don't really care how long it takes as long as I just steadily lose. So I think I'll just shoot for 1 pound per week, that would put me at my goal on June 30th. I'll try to check in weekly every Monday morning.

Kelly :glasses:
  • meganlpark
    Options
    I just started this website recently when a friend told me about it, and I think it is great! Ok, accountability is key, I believe you all. Let's see, I started on 1 July at 182 and now, I am weighing in at 166. A little slow, but I took 4 months off of watching what I ate when I went to France and didn't hit the pavement as much as I should have. So, now, I'm back and ready to buckle down!
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    Well as of Last friday (when I started on this website) I thought I was 270 (I have been at that weight for a whole month) but then after recording my starting weight i weighed myself that night and I was 274.5. so there's always going to be a difference between what I know I've lost and what my goals here say....I'm gonna get sooo confused....anyway...this morning I weighed in at 268.5. so whatever starting number I go by, I've still lost weight!!! my ultimate goal is to get down to 170...so 98.5 pounds to go!!
  • trishara
    Options
    Started 167 on 1/2
    1/10 164

:drinker:
  • bigmama
    Options
    I started with this web site 1/3/08

My starting weight was 159
    My current weight is 155.5
    My goal weight is 120

my ideal time frame would be by June in time for swimming again. I am so tired of feeling like I WILL NOT put on a bathing suit so that I can play in the pool or at the water parks with my children. It is time for a change!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok, my scale was on it's last leg so hubbz surprised me with a new one today that measures my body fat & water weight (15 bucks-half off @ Kmart of Wal,art).

I weigh 129.8. (5 pounds more than what my old scale read:grumble: )
    I'm back on track.
    Began logging my foods again today but I have to start up my exercise.

Great job everyone!

~Joanna:flowerforyou: