Woman Named Beautiful Existence to EatOnly Starbucks for aYr

Options
Acg67
Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
How fat will she get because it's fast food and everyone knows that makes you fat?

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2013/01/woman-to-eat-only-starbucks-for-a-year.html

Replies

• KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If she keeps her carbs in check, she will be ok

LOL ;))
  • Acg67
    Options

Propaganda, please watch SuperSize Me to be enlightened on the evils of fast food
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    They could call this Venti-Size-Me
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    What a moron. Feminism activists can be so annoying.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options

Propaganda, please watch SuperSize Me to be enlightened on the evils of fast food

Super Size Me is about McDonalds and fast food chains of the like. Derp.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    SuperSize me was an experiment set up from the beginning to fail and shouldn't count as an example of anything except stupidity.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Forks Over Knives proves, scientifically, why a vegan lifestyle is best.

/end thread

:heart:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    They could call this Venti-Size-Me

LOL^:laugh:

Maybe she is looking to be Starbucks new face like Jared did with Subways and make millions..

Its not like she was just eating pastries.

"Hall said she starts her day off with oatmeal and a black coffee (145 calories); her lunch and dinners are either a "bistro box" (a snack pack of cheeses, breads and fruit) or a panini, which would be between 220-460 calories, MSNBC estimated. "If I go on a bike ride, I can come back and have a brownie!" she said. (That's around $16 a day, not including that good behavior $2.25 brownie, according to a Virginia-area Starbucks barista."

ETA: Either way she was filling up Starbucks bank account and I am sure they were happy about that.i Think that is worth 1 free drink :)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC9esnGvOj0YJ7CEQsbPeW3A31QRa_2ZyMPkvvJA7z_86aQgnwHg
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

^^^I read this 5 times, and I'm coming up empty. Can anyone translate?
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    She will be ok as long as she doesn't drink diet soda all year too....
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    SuperSize me was an experiment set up from the beginning to fail and shouldn't count as an example of anything except stupidity.

Exactly, if the guy only choose McDonalds, yogurt, salads, apple slices, and water or just ate smaller portions, he wouldn't have been so super-sized.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Exactly, if the guy only choose McDonalds, yogurt, salads, apple slices, and water or just ate smaller portions, he wouldn't have been so super-sized.
    Or a couple less big macs?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

PR speak for why we should care.

In reality, Starbucks impact on the world is only minimally seen from the consumer side.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Obviously he was eating like most average people do for that experiment.. duhhhhh
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

I'm having trouble even making it past the thread title let alone that little doozy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Hmmmm. I guess I'm not a woman since I eat at home most of the time and am not spending much money at all at places like that. So, it really doesn't impact me at all. :-)
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Translation: "Pay attention to ME!!! I can haz reality show?""
  • Mverdecia1
    Options
    Starbucks has some really filling and health meals on the go... I love their chipotle chicken wraps, their smoothies are full of protein fiber and real fruit, and I LOVE coffee... black is only 5 calories and works as an appetite killer! I could TOTALLY loose weight eating only Starbucks.... save money thought?...I dont think so! haha
  • Acg67
    Options
    The design of her blog is awesome, so easy to read

http://1yearofmylife.wordpress.com/