Woman Named Beautiful Existence to EatOnly Starbucks for aYr

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

^^^I read this 5 times, and I'm coming up empty. Can anyone translate?

Translation: Boobs.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    SuperSize me was an experiment set up from the beginning to fail and shouldn't count as an example of anything except stupidity.
    Not to mention there have been several follow-up experiments that have had vastly different results (including those in the film Fat Head, which actually questions the authenticity of several of Spurlock's claims).
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Propaganda, please watch SuperSize Me to be enlightened on the evils of fast food

And top it off with a little food inc.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    220px-Oolong_the_Rabbit's_last_performance_(2003).jpg
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options

Propaganda, please watch SuperSize Me to be enlightened on the evils of fast food

Apparently Morgan Spurlock received some funding for "Supersize Me" from that idiot lawyer who was trying to sue McDonalds for making his clients obese.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    SuperSize me was an experiment set up from the beginning to fail and shouldn't count as an example of anything except stupidity.
    Not to mention there have been several follow-up experiments that have had vastly different results (including those in the film Fat Head, which actually questions the authenticity of several of Spurlock's claims).

Fat Head was secretly funded by McDonald's, you are just becoming a pawn in their game to make the nation obese
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I just read part of her actual blog so I'm posting this again.
    220px-Oolong_the_Rabbit's_last_performance_(2003).jpg
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    Apparently, this act is somehow driven by feminism: "Where are the WOMEN challenging themselves in the world? Where are the effects being shown on a woman’s culture? A woman’s family & children? ... Where is HER VOICE on how an international company is directly or indirectly impacting everything from her waistline to her bottom line and every other woman’s, man’s, child’s, societies and planets world with their presence?"

I read it too and was like WTF does that have to do with anything? Just sounds like she is ranting about nothing it is mental *kitten*!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Translation: Herp-derp . . . talking out my *kitten* . . . herp-derp
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    What a moron. Feminism activists can be so annoying.

I was going to say how annoying that she even calls this feminist. It has nothing to do with feminism at all. So please check your stereotypes at the door.

Oh wait, this is MFP.

On the original subject, I am quite sure that after a year of nothing but starbuck's she'll be more fat than she is now. Starbucks adds extra sugar to their drinks, and I can only imagine they do similar things to their food. Plus, there isn't much in terms of healthy options there. Breakfast lunch and dinner, eh? Good luck with that one, "Beautiful Existence"....
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    "Hall said she starts her day off with oatmeal and a black coffee (145 calories); her lunch and dinners are either a "bistro box" (a snack pack of cheeses, breads and fruit) or a panini, which would be between 220-460 calories, MSNBC estimated. "If I go on a bike ride, I can come back and have a brownie!" she said. (That's around $16 a day, not including that good behavior $2.25 brownie, according to a Virginia-area Starbucks barista."

A bistro box is actually 400-500 last time I checked.
    At $15 a day (for nice, round numbers), that's about $450/month for food for ONE person.

For my family of 4 (I'm a runner, and my kids are quite active as well: ages 9, 8, and 4) I spend less than $100/wk (usually $80-95).

Let me state that plainly.
    She's paying $450/mo to feed ONE person.
    I'm paying $400/mo to feed FOUR people.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    They could call this Venti-Size-Me

hahah. I went into a starbucks and asked for a 16 oz drink and the staff stood there dumbfounded about what size that was! LOL!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

Translation "I'm a moron." Basically. Because it's challenging yourself to commit to eat from only one establishment for a year and that greatly benefits women. Obvi.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to give their money to such stupid corporations?!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

Well, I made the mistake of going to her blog, and it appears she was saying you had the McDonald's guy and Subway Jared doing these "challenges," so where are the women to show what impact these places have on the female population?

But, as if her name and her decision to eat only at Starbucks for a year wasn't a big enough clue, her blog shows her to be a lunatic.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Fat Head was secretly funded by McDonald's, you are just becoming a pawn in their game to make the nation obese
    Got a source? Or is anyone who doesn't say "McDonald's is the devil" being backed by McDonald's?

The diet he follows after his experiment is over to get back to normal is very anti-McDonald's (it's a paleo/primal diet) so, even if your statement has some validity, the crux of the film isn't even about how awesome McDonald's is and how we should totally be eating it whenever we want. Most people walk away from the film wanting to give Primal eating a shot, not eat more McDonald's.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    They could call this Venti-Size-Me

hahah. I went into a starbucks and asked for a 16 oz drink and the staff stood there dumbfounded about what size that was! LOL!

There's a local place that has their display cups say "SMALL not tall", "Medium not grande" and "LARGE not venti". I get a kick out of it each time.

As to the "experiment", that is just a waste of money. Starbucks does have some decent choices to grab in a hurry but not everyday.

And to Super Size Me, everyone said I'd never eat fast food after. Did not affect me at all. 1) I don't eat it all day, everyday. 2) I feel no compulsion to super size when asked 3) I try to get exercise and 3) When I'm full, I stop eating. I thought the documentary was interesting but that was about it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Got a source? Or is anyone who doesn't say "McDonald's is the devil" being backed by McDonald's?

The diet he follows after his experiment is over to get back to normal is very anti-McDonald's (it's a paleo/primal diet) so, even if your statement has some validity, the crux of the film isn't even about how awesome McDonald's is and how we should totally be eating it whenever we want. Most people walk away from the film wanting to give Primal eating a shot, not eat more McDonald's.

Only the gullible do, as FatHead is chock full of nonsense. Oh noes the insulinz
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    who really cares if she gets fat/wastes her money? good for her! her life, not ours :)
  • freddykid
    freddykid Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If she keeps her carbs in check, she will be ok

LOL ;))

I read this quick as If she keeps her crabs in check.