_No Dinner Diet_

Options
124»

Replies

• Naconalee
    Options
    And by the way, I really wish you could "like" someones post. That would be an awesome addition to this webisite.
    To let people know that you appreciate what they posted :)
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have not heard of the diet but I don't think it would be a good idea. I have only skipped dinner once before when I had gone out with friends for lunch and we all shared large platters. I was so stuffed that I could still feel full when I got home. This was the only time I didn't have an appetite in the evening. I would rather split my calories between breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I am actually surprised that people on the forum are on so many different diets. I have just been logging my calories since I joined and don't think any other diets are need. Just my opinion.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success with intermittent fasting. My body got used to not eating for longer time periods so I wasn't hungry and my energy levels were fine. I was a pre-k-early elementary teacher and moved A LOT in my work. I preferred to eat a big meaty dinner, however.

I stopped due to pregnancy (was hungry 24/7). Since giving birth, I find I am hungry and I do eat breakfast and lunch. It is still my preference to eat a larger meal at the end of the day, though.

Find what is sustainable and helps you lose weight and feel good.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I joined this site to talk with others about working out and losing weight, not to be BASHED!!!! YOU CANNOT TAKE EVERYTHING THAT IS TYPED IN THESE MESSAGE BOARDS LITERALLY....aka I NEVER SAID if you ate bacon or fried chicken that you couldn't lose weight. That is just something I have chosen to cut out my diet...for MOST OF THE TIME...I'm sure I will splurge and eat bacon for breakfast once in a while on weekends. I have never understood why people choose to blow things completely out of proportion.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who have gave me heartfelt explinations of what works for them. I truely appreciate that. I am very thankful for the helpful and encourging post b/c that is why I joined this site. Everyone clearly finds the best way for theirselves to lose weight and everyone has different opinions and different ways of doing so.

Good luck to everyone in their journey to a healthy life!
    I didn't see any bashing - I saw a lot of people giving you the advice - that you asked for - that "dieting" is a bad idea and you are better off making ongoing lifestyle changes. I did, however, see you asking for advice then getting all shirty when the advice didn't concur with the decision you had obviously already made before asking for advice.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm not avoiding them yet, it was just a thought. I've always heard don't eat anything after 7pm because your body stores it and some of it turns to fat. But technically I guess it really depends on what your eating.

Nope and nope. It doesn't matter one iota when you eat. Sometimes, if you have a late night snack then weigh in the morning, the number on the scale might be higher than it would otherwise. That is NOT fat or weight gained. That is nothing but the fact that you still have some of that food in your stomach. The stuff we eat and drink has weight also. I nearly always save 200-300 calories for a bed time snack with my hubby.

It also doesn't really depend on what you are eating. Sure, eat healthy, it's better for you, but you can lose weight eating unhealthy things also. I've lost 50 pounds and I eat chips (nearly daily), full fat peanut butter, pizza, ice cream, bacon, red meat, chocolate... I could go on and on. The important thing is HOW MUCH of those things you are eating. Go ahead and eat the foods you like, but limit the unhealthy ones and slowly add in the healthy ones until those are the things you crave. Weigh or measure your food and track your calories. Also, if you are cutting out meat, make sure you are getting enough protein.

If you give up everything you like and force yourself on a strict diet that's completely unnatural to you, you will get frustrated and quit.
  • debendavey
    Options
    That is a really bad idea. Diets are bad for you, as cutting out meals, starvation diets, etc causes your body to STORE fat as it goes into famine mode. It will therefore get rid of all the useful stuff in your body, holding on to fat as long as possible. When you do eat, your body will be o pleased to get some food at last, it will immediately store it as fat ready for the next famine.

If you carefully manage your weight, eating a BALANCED diet, and yes, that includes meat, spread it over more eating points in the day and mix it with regular exercise (that is doing something every day, not just a gym workout 2-3 times a week), you will achieve weight loss by burning off the fat. I was 114kg (18st roughly) with 31% body fat, and in 12 weeks I went down to 103kg (about 16st3Ib) and 25% body fat. If you work it out, that is about 8kg of fat or 32 packs of lard!!

Ok, how?

First, and obviously, reduce the amount of fat and sugar in your diet. By all means do it gradually. Try to stick to foods that are round 350 kcal per 100g or less.
    Second, don't worry if you have the odd day off - birthday, etc. it is what you et on a regular basis not one- off that effects your weight.
    Next, The 5 point Eating Plan: ALWAYS have breakfast. Try to make it something wholemeal if possible, like porridge, bran flakes, wholemeal toast, etc.
    Next, split your lunch into 3 parts. Have 1/4 at mid morning, eat half at lunch time and have the other 1/4 mid afternoon. This stops your body going into famine mode - you should never have hunger pains.
    Next, eat a normal evening meal, obviously keeping in mind fat, sugar, etc.
    eat plenty of fibre - an apple a day, etc. fibre is in the skin of apples, carrots, potatoes, etc.

Next, exercise. Must be daily. Doesn't have to be much. 10 minutes steady walk at about 100 paces per minute plus 10 minutes resistance bands (easily obtained from Amazon) is all it takes. Do more if you are up to it.

So, please don't skip dinner or starve yourself. This is a much better way of losing the weight by losing the fat.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

AJhc1.gif
    Captain Mal makes any thread better!! :drinker:
    This deserves repeating.