Alcohol...My Weakness!

Options
124»

Replies

• Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have a sign up in my room: 5 miles = 1 bottle of wine = 3 beers = 5 vodka sodas.

That equation gets put to good use! :drinker:
  • RobinC37
    RobinC37 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Drink Guinness- it is lower cal/pint but it really fills you up.

-OR-

Order your least favorite drink. I HATE Bloody Marys. If I order one it will take me the whole evening to get it down in little sips. I get to have a drink in my hand at all times, which is a comfort thing in a bar.

-OR-

If you just need to be F-ed up after a long work week, smoke weed. The only caloric problem there is dealing with the munchies after. I am very serious about this, switching from alcohol to marijuana when I lived abroad jump started my initial weight loss of 60lbs, along with walking all the time.
  • nfrale01
    Options
    I just joined my fitness pal and I'm having a small issue with alcohol as well. In the past I got used to having a half pint of Captain Morgans with a diet coke in the evenings. While I have been able to still drink it and stay under my calorie limit I'm afraid that the sugar intake will slow my weight loss. Ultimately the alcohol turns to sugar and I really don't want to waste all this hard work on a couple of drinks. I would like to maybe just cut down to maybe once or twice a week with drinking alcohol but at this point it is a habit that I'm used to. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas other than marijuana for helping replace alcohol. I have never been a big weed fan and I honestly don't care for how it makes me feel. I thought about working out in the evenings but this will not always be possible due to my busy schedule. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start saving up calories so I can have ONE drink at night before bed. I hate beer, so mixed drinks will be my way to go. Although I might have to save more calories for the daquiris.