Question about husbands music choice

Options

Replies

• whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Are you sure these weren't "Pink Floyd" CDs? Everything could still be OK.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    So of course she'll be honest and tell him she started a thread on a website listing his choice of music selection and her suspicions...Right?

If he asks her.

So his msitake wasn't in being dishonest, it was that he didn't hide it well enough that she would ask.

I've solved the issue of infidelity! Don't raise suspicion!!!
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever does this. But here it is.

Just ask him about it. Do not confront him about it. Just ask. Open, honest, communication. If you are concerned tell him.

Sorry it isn't as cool as the talk shows, and it won't get you on daytime TV. But just ask.

Wait, wait wait. Open, honest communication in a relationship? Tsk, tsk, tsk, you poor, naive little guy. That'll never work! :p

Personally, I'd like to get Aerosmith's opinon...http://youtu.be/RLRLhV9U0kQ
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    I'm reminded of Knocked Up

"It's a fantasy baseball draft. I'm not cheating or anything."

"No, this is worse."
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If he asks her.
    So his msitake wasn't in being dishonest, it was that he didn't hide it well enough that she would ask.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that I doubt he'd even ask the question. But, if he did, why would she lie?
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I hope I never become that person who gets suspicious over CD's. I mean, really?
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My question is... who still buys CDs??
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My ex-hubby loved Pink. So, it's not unlikely that he's a closet fan and just didn't want you to know.

Other possibility, do you like Pink? Valentine's Day is next month...maybe they're for you?

what I was thinking, they will be with pink roses
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unless he is rather dense (which is a possibility) would he have used your card to pay for them if they were for some nefarious reason?
    Well he must be as he lied about it already

My thought, too. He used his wife's card and knows she can see his purchases, but he lied anyway. Kinda dense to me.
    Well, no. She actually signed onto his personal Amazon account to look up his purchases. So, no, he doesn't know she can see his actual purchases, just that he purchased something. It's the same reason I use paypal anytime I order my wife a gift, because it just shows up as "paypal" on the bank statement, rather than the store (which could be a giveaway) or the item purchased. Luckily, my wife and I have a good relationship, and I know she wouldn't go behind my back to try and hack into my paypal or Amazon accounts to look at my purchases, just like I'd never do that to her.

I would say he is less in the wrong than she is. What if it was intended as a gift for the wife? I sure as hell wouldn't tell the truth on buying something if it's something I wanted to surprise her with.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    If he asks her.

No, that's not what I meant. I meant that I doubt he'd even ask the question. But, if he did, why would she lie?

So it is what you meant.

You're saying that dishonesty was the issue, even if it's a white lie stemming from embarrasment at liking a 'girly' artist (something a lot of folks do, I know I have a 'when folks might hear playlist' and a 'noone's around' playlist).

The idea of posting your relationship's dirty laundry on a website is something that would upset a lot of people, and in the case of the OP if her husband didn't want her knowing about his guilty pleasure I can't imagine he'd be thrilled that a whole mess of people know about it online now. But that's ok because he wouldn't think to ask the very specific question that would reveal what she had done.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options
    Just to clarify...I wasn't checking up on him. He ordered them off of Amazon (my debit card is on his account for ordering shows/movie that we stream through our blu-ray) and used my card to pay for them.

Unless he is rather dense (which is a possibility) would he have used your card to pay for them if they were for some nefarious reason?

If I wanted to get some CDs for my mistress then I certainly wouldn't use a joint account I had with my wife to pay for them. No self respecting lothario would be that shoddy.

I'd use cash and buy them from Target :laugh:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Maybe he bought them as a gift for you? Is it that big of a deal if they're for him?
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    But that's ok because he wouldn't think to ask the very specific question that would reveal what she had done.

I have a list of 43 questions which I ask my wife every three hours, for this very reason.
  • AngryDiet
    Options

But then he'd have to face the check out girl. And you know he'd turn red and then she'd know they're for him.

No way!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    Options

But then he'd have to face the check out girl. And you know he'd turn red and then she'd know they're for him.

No way!

:laugh:
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    But that's ok because he wouldn't think to ask the very specific question that would reveal what she had done.

I have a list of 43 questions which I ask my wife every three hours, for this very reason.

Damnit! I asked 'did you put arsenic in my cereal?' and not 'did you put cyanide in my cereal?'
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options

No way!

That's why even if you're buying them for yourself, you grab the cheapest roll of wrapping paper, or a gift bag at the same time. If they don't offer those, you can ask where the nearest place that sells it is. No, I've never bought embarrassing music before, but I have had to go and buy tampons for the wife, and I used this technique to cover my tracks quite nicely.
  • AngryDiet
    Options

No way!

That's why even if you're buying them for yourself, you grab the cheapest roll of wrapping paper, or a gift bag at the same time. If they don't offer those, you can ask where the nearest place that sells it is. No, I've never bought embarrassing music before, but I have had to go and buy tampons for the wife, and I used this technique to cover my tracks quite nicely.

Tampons make the most romantic of gifts.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options

No way!

Tampons make the most romantic of gifts.

I know. She gets me sandwiches. We have an awesome relationship!
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Weird. My wife knows I listen to stuff that *might* not be socially acceptable so she wouldn't be shocked if I ordered something like a Pink CD.

I'm 35 a rockin' stereo in both my truck AND my 280Z. Both been know to blast stuff that might be embarrassing at times.

I still buy CDs too.

JM