what do you order when you eat out ?

Options
124»

Replies

• randilious
    Options
    I would say the sauces are the worst parts!!!!
  • Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on if I am having a cheat meal or just going out to dinner while sticking to my plan. If I am sticking to my plan I usually get either chicken or steak cooked with no butter, sauce, or oil and broccoli, asparagus with no butter or oil and possibly a plain lettuce salad with vinegar for dressing.

If it is a cheat meal I eat whatever I am craving.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want without going overboard (usually.) I don't go out to eat often so when I do I'm going to enjoy it. With a couple glasses of wine or a good beer.
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want, but I watch the portions. I usually eat only half and sometimes not even that. :smile:
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Steak salad!! Love me a great steak salad :D
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I got out to eat so rarely that I usually disregard any sensible nutrtion and eat what ever I feel like.
  • spartania
    Options
    I went out today to a steak restaurant for my company Christmas lunch (yes we celebrate in January lol). I looked up the menu beforehand and was expecting to get the steak salad with no dressing which is 787 calories. When I got there, they had a feature of grilled halibut with grilled asparagus (no sauce)...I then ate a few loaded nachos and had a mini-creme brulee at the end....and it came to 807 calories total! I'm still on a high. :D
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    pasta :drinker:

ETA: and/or grilled chicken
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want, but never something I would eat any regular old time during the week (I only eat out on weekends.) Tonight I had sweet and sour pork, fried rice, BBQ pork, mongolian beef, spring rolls and later, a pint of blue bunny chocolate cake ice cream.

That being said, I save a huge chunk of calories for Friday night eating out and since i practice intermittent fasting, this was the first thing I'd eaten in more than 24 hours.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Depends on where, but the generic fallback is a green salad with grilled chicken or fish with dressing on the side and a piece of bread or toast with the butter or oil on the side as well so I can control the amounts. Caesar salads are a trap as a restaurant ones can have literally hundreds of calories worth of dressing. Pasta generally comes in huge quantities with lots of oil or cream in the sauce ( so I generally avoid it unless I am making it myself). Simply grilled meat or fish without sauce and house veggies generally work well (baked potatoes are huge and invite calorie laden toppings) steamed or roasted potatoes are okay (just keep to a serving the size of one fist. Chinese restaurants can be a problem, but if you go for a soup, steamed fish or chicken and vegetables steamed and served with oyster sauce on the side, they are not a problem. Korean Bibimbap is pretty good as long as you can bring yourself to leave half or more of the rice behind - they tend to give you a huge amount of rice. Breakfast - try a Naked Benny. (eggs Benny without the hollandaise. Tonight I had pizza. (Thin crust, proscuitto and mushrooms, so not too fatty or too bready in reasonable quatities). And filled up with a big green salad with light dressing. A simple sandwich (hold the bitter and mayo) and a broth based soup are good choices too.

I eat out a lot - 6 or 7 times, so to keep losing I have to keep on top of things

I