turkey bacon?

13»

Replies

• ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    I am amused by people insisting that "turkey" is not a real food whereas "pig" is. Last time I checked they were both animals.

Simple solution: if you find a brand of any kind of bacon that satisfies your taste buds and desired calorie/fat/etc. content, eat it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    If you must have bacon from poultry, this would be acceptable in my book

duck6_lg.jpg
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    I eat regular bacon, I just buy the reduced fat one (Gwaltney) which is basically just thinner and less calories per slice, and still tastes yum! Only 30 calories a slice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I do oscar meyer 50% less fat...2 slices every day during the week primarily to get a good protein in the AM with my oatmeal. I do real bacon on Saturday morning. When I do real bacon it usualy throws me over on my saturated fats (trying to reduce my cholesterol with diet rather than pills). I allow myself to go over my saturated fats on Saturdays because I simply can't live without a couple of fried eggs and bacon once per week.

I personally don't mind turkey bacon at all so long as it's cooked properly and it's not overly low on fat. My wife bought some that was 95% fat free and it was horrible.