The Color Run

Options
2»

Replies

• farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The Color Run in Minnesota is at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds on July 14th, 2013. I'm bringing my 8-year old son and he is so excited to do the Color Run. I am recruiting some of my peer photographers to come out and take pictures since I am actually running this one. The great thing about this 5K is that everybody is going to be acting a little nutty so there is that much less cause to feel self-conscious. :laugh:

Hope to hear that a lot of my fellow MFPers will be there!
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It looked like tons of fun but a little spendy for such a short run.

Not sure if all of the Color Run events benefit the same charities, but that is part of the reason for the cost. The Minnesota Color Run benefits a charity called Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless. Its a worthwhile group and another way for me to give something back, even if it is just 40 bucks.

http://www.oyh.org/
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Done two. They can be a lot of fun! I did the Color Me Rad though as its the one that came through here.
  • pinkjayhawk726
    pinkjayhawk726 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The color run is a total blast!! And a little coconut oil on your hair and skin after the race takes the color right out!!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Friends say it's a blast. Hope to do one this year, either The Color Run or ColorMeRad, as there are three within my area this year. Just hoping to clear my schedule for at least one of 'em.
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for my local one today! Super excited, as it will be my first 5K. I figured a fun one would be the best way to start out, then I'm going to sign up for another one later in the year.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I LOVE The Color Run! It's AMAZING! It's excellent for a first time runner because it's not timed, and its great for the whole family as a LOT of people walk it. It's generally just a great, fun, MESSY day! I did one in Columbus last year, and will be doing it once and maybe twice this year. I TOTALLY recommend it...it's SO much fun.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I was sober and this was fun. If I was drunk and walked it, I would have an absolute blast!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I was sober and this was fun. If I was drunk and walked it, I would have an absolute blast!

haha...we got drunk afterwards...but same principle lool