Game of Thrones fans here?

Options

Replies

• RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Been reading the books, but don't have HBO so I haven't seen the show yet. According to my kindle I'm 55% through book four. I really, really need to go rent the blu rays and see how they did. I hear the show is super close to the books so far.

I too want to see how the Red Wedding gets represented on film.
    I don't have hbo either but you can download em all through torrents or newsgroups
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

read the books. mmmk
    No thnx, i' ll keep it with the show but even if i would read the books, the conclusion is the same, YOU find her boring and what you may find someone else may find not mmmk

One thing I love most about this story is that everyone is rooting for someone different, at the same time as almost wanting to root for a couple of the other characters. But if anyone wins, everyone else dies and youre like

awww man
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Love this show....can't wait for the season to start....it's a pretty big deal in our household...those Sunday nights...phones off, lights off, snacks in middle on couch and not a peep can be heard. ♥
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Winter is COMING!

Has anyone heard any news about six... coming out anytime in the next decade... ?

I'm getting impatient. :sad:
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The first season was great.

The first book was great.

The second book was good.

The second season was awful. Complete travesty.

The third book was good. Not quite as good, but pretty good.

The rest of the books are a rambling disaster.

I have no expectations that the show will be any good going forward.

This. I stopped midway through book four. It was a huge disappointment.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold

@lora, im not much of a reader and usualy when you read books that became a tv show it is disappointing, or would you see it comes pretty close?

It stays really close!! The people that are involved with the show stay in close contact with George R.R. Martin. He has even told them how it all ends in case he dies before he finishes writing the series.

The books are a amazing!
    Your message is a good example on how different people can be, because some people who find it boring or sucky think it is for everyone too.
    I don't read the books because the visual is very important too me, small things some people don't even notice, like the trees in the forests, the buildings etc, in that perspective the show is a very good production.
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Adore the books and the show! Both are great and Daenerys is my fav :heart: She is so hott!
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Winter is coming!!!!!!

I just started the third book and I can't wait for the show to start up again.
  • carriezapf
    Options
    I love the series! I'm currently trying to read the books, but I haven't gotten through the first one yet. I can't seem to find the time right now.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    “What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms . . . or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.”

I knew we were friends for a reason! Lol!!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    Love this show....can't wait for the season to start....it's a pretty big deal in our household...those Sunday nights...phones off, lights off, snacks in middle on couch and not a peep can be heard. ♥
    Sounds really nice :)
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I agree. The books and show are AWESOME!!! I'm such a huge fan!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold

@lora, im not much of a reader and usualy when you read books that became a tv show it is disappointing, or would you see it comes pretty close?

It stays really close!! The people that are involved with the show stay in close contact with George R.R. Martin. He has even told them how it all ends in case he dies before he finishes writing the series.

The books are a amazing!
    Your message is a good example on how different people can be, because some people who find it boring or sucky think it is for everyone too.
    I don't read the books because the visual is very important too me, small things some people don't even notice, like the trees in the forests, the buildings etc, in that perspective the show is a very good production.

The books are very very detailed - it takes some thought yes, but you can really picture the world that Martin has created.

The shows do a good job of holding relatively true to the story - but the world is just so much.....bigger.....in the books. There's a lot left out in the show because it would take forever to tell the story if it included everything. And there are things that the readers already know about the characters.....hints and clues about their futures.....that would be way too literal if put on screen.
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    :heart: She is so hott!
    Amen :laugh:
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it... both the books and the show. I understand why they went the direction they did with Season 2. But then, I'm dedicated to shows converted from books. True Blood & Dexter are WAY up there too...
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    YESSS, SEASON 3 IS COMING!!

I need to start reading the books before watching the new season, I think.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Winds of Winter is not coming out any sooner that 2014 at last report. The just released another trailer for Season 3 of Game of Thrones. Should be a good season.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan but I'm way behind on the episodes. My plan is to get caught up before the new season begins.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are my two favorite shows. Violence and sex - all the makings of an excellent show :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely my favorite show in all aspects.

Daenerys Targaryen i find beautifull and really looking forward too see how her path unfolds and how the Stark's will hold up.

You should REALLY read the books . . . really.

Aw man. I don't want to hear these things. She is my favorite, too. I've been a cheapskate about getting the books (they price was higher for the Kindle addition than box, which is stupid so I've refused to buy). Now I'm going to go check to see if that has changed in the last 3 months....