Replies

• tigerdactyl
    tigerdactyl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    He's not wrong.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for this season to see how they do the Red Wedding. Can't wait for that.

The title for season three finale is the Red Wedding! so excited! dances!

I cannot wait to watch Joffrey eat pie :heart:
    I have never hated a character as much as i hate Joffrey. And i watch a lot of movies with "devil" in the title.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I watched the first 2 seasons and then read all the books. Having finished all the books I am now convinced that Martin hates each and every one of his fans. Also if the season finale is called the red wedding what are they gonna do with the rest of the book isn't that chapter only 3 queaters of the way through book 3
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold
    Wow, keep the testosterone down guy, ofc it will

@lora, im not much of a reader and usualy when you read books that became a tv show it is disappointing, or would you see it comes pretty close?

It stays really close!! The people that are involved with the show stay in close contact with George R.R. Martin. He has even told them how it all ends in case he dies before he finishes writing the series.

The books are a amazing!
    Your message is a good example on how different people can be, because some people who find it boring or sucky think it is for everyone too.
    I don't read the books because the visual is very important too me, small things some people don't even notice, like the trees in the forests, the buildings etc, in that perspective the show is a very good production.

The books are very very detailed - it takes some thought yes, but you can really picture the world that Martin has created.

The shows do a good job of holding relatively true to the story - but the world is just so much.....bigger.....in the books. There's a lot left out in the show because it would take forever to tell the story if it included everything. And there are things that the readers already know about the characters.....hints and clues about their futures.....that would be way too literal if put on screen.
    That's why i love the show, i never read books of movies/tvshows so i don't know what i am missing or can be disappointed so for me what is on the screen is how it is for me and i am fine with that. As i said, people are so different and enjoy alot of different aspects of the show, way more than just the story, the characters etc :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.....you're in for a ride.

I highly recommend reading the books.

And not getting to attached to any of the characters.

^Yep. The books are amazing. I have only seen the first season on DVD, as I don't get HBO, but I think the show is also well done ;)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I watched the first 2 seasons and then read all the books. Having finished all the books I am now convinced that Martin hates each and every one of his fans. Also if the season finale is called the red wedding what are they gonna do with the rest of the book isn't that chapter only 3 queaters of the way through book 3

They're probably going to make the rest of book 3 into season 4. It doesn't have to be one book per season. They need to make each book a couple of seasons or the show will catch up to Martin's writing pace.....I've read that it will be 2014 before book 6 is release :(
  • Elzecat
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold

huh

what

keep your estrogen in check. I was joking. daenerys is a super boring character
    Yes, for YOU it is a boring character!! and your jokes suck ;)

read the books. mmmk
    No thnx, i' ll keep it with the show but even if i would read the books, the conclusion is the same, YOU find her boring and what you may find someone else may find not mmmk

One thing I love most about this story is that everyone is rooting for someone different, at the same time as almost wanting to root for a couple of the other characters. But if anyone wins, everyone else dies and youre like

awww man

^This. I keep getting attached to characters and then they get killed off LOL
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...my boyfriend is OBSESSED with this show. I have watched a few epsiodes with him and while I enjoy the story line and all the details and things going on, I just can not get past all the rape and sexual violence that happens in the film.

Maybe I would like the books?
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh...my boyfriend is OBSESSED with this show. I have watched a few epsiodes with him and while I enjoy the story line and all the details and things going on, I just can not get past all the rape and sexual violence that happens in the film.

Maybe I would like the books?

Yeah if you prefer your rape and sexual violence in text format instead. I do.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Been reading the books, but don't have HBO so I haven't seen the show yet. According to my kindle I'm 55% through book four. I really, really need to go rent the blu rays and see how they did. I hear the show is super close to the books so far.

I too want to see how the Red Wedding gets represented on film.
    I don't have hbo either but you can download em all through torrents or newsgroups

I got Season 1 through the local library, I like watching them on my TV rather than on the computer. Unfortunately, Season 2 doesn't come out til March! But hopefully by then I'll be through Book 5 lol.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Love the show. I have the books but have not read them yet. Not sure if I want to start them in the middle of the show or just read them after the show has ended.

ETA: I only have the first 3 books so maybe I can catch up quickly.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold

@lora, im not much of a reader and usualy when you read books that became a tv show it is disappointing, or would you see it comes pretty close?

It stays really close!! The people that are involved with the show stay in close contact with George R.R. Martin. He has even told them how it all ends in case he dies before he finishes writing the series.

The books are a amazing!
    Your message is a good example on how different people can be, because some people who find it boring or sucky think it is for everyone too.
    I don't read the books because the visual is very important too me, small things some people don't even notice, like the trees in the forests, the buildings etc, in that perspective the show is a very good production.

The books are very very detailed - it takes some thought yes, but you can really picture the world that Martin has created.

The shows do a good job of holding relatively true to the story - but the world is just so much.....bigger.....in the books. There's a lot left out in the show because it would take forever to tell the story if it included everything. And there are things that the readers already know about the characters.....hints and clues about their futures.....that would be way too literal if put on screen.

I really agree with you!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.
  • Elzecat
    Options
    This is absolutely my favorite show in all aspects.

Daenerys Targaryen i find beautifull and really looking forward too see how her path unfolds and how the Stark's will hold up.

You should REALLY read the books . . . really.

Aw man. I don't want to hear these things. She is my favorite, too. I've been a cheapskate about getting the books (they price was higher for the Kindle addition than box, which is stupid so I've refused to buy). Now I'm going to go check to see if that has changed in the last 3 months....

I bought the first 4 books in paperback as a set at Barnes & Noble-$30. Had to buy the 5th one in hardback...but if you really don't want to spend the money you could check your local library :)
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

They're splitting the 3rd book into seasons 3 and 4.

Lots of people were disappointed with book 4 because he only covered about half the characters. Then they were disappointed with book 5 because he covered the same time span that book 4 did, but with different characters. They're going to try to avoid that on the show by just telling it all chronologically.

I read somewhere the Martin had NOT told the tv show how it ended because he wasn't quite sure himself and he didn't want anyone else finishing the series if he died.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Been reading the books, but don't have HBO so I haven't seen the show yet. According to my kindle I'm 55% through book four. I really, really need to go rent the blu rays and see how they did. I hear the show is super close to the books so far.

I don't have hbo either but you can download em all through torrents or newsgroups

I got Season 1 through the local library, I like watching them on my TV rather than on the computer. Unfortunately, Season 2 doesn't come out til March! But hopefully by then I'll be through Book 5 lol.
    Yes but... i got my computer linked with a hd cable to my 1080p hd tv :)
  • Elzecat
    Options

I don't know about Martin hating his fans, he just doesn't seem to write very quickly. There is a preview of Winds of Winter on the net somewhere, it was really good!

As far as what's happening on the TV series, I don't have HBO. But I assume they'll split season 3 into two seasons, maybe? :)
  • Elzecat
    Options

Yes but... i got my computer linked with a hd cable to my 1080p hd tv :)

I'm a techie dinosaur, I still have a desktop, read actual books (no Kindle) and go to the library for a lot of reading material. But whatever works for ya! I think both the book series and the show are awesome.

Edited because I can't spell. /Facepalm.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    her path doesn't unfold

The first series actually improves upon the first book, imo. Cuts out a lot of unnecessary characters and information. The second series isn't as good as the second book. Meandered and probably should have either been more eps with more info or have been slimmer and more streamlined.

But i love the show and the books.

Well, the first 3 books. The 4th book is a disaster
  • Elzecat
    Options
    Love the books, the show is pretty good too I wasn't disappointed for once. The actors do a really commendable job. Tired of George R.R. Martin not finishing the series fast enough. There was roughly a 4 year gap between when book 4 was released and book 5, way too long. Who knows when the story will end.

You should try reading the Robert Jordan "Wheel of Time" series if you haven't already. Fourteen books, each 600-900 pages, and the final one just came out this week--the last 3 books were co-written with a second author because Jordan passed away in 2007 and left all his notes and recommendations to his wife (his editor) on who he wanted to finish the series in case he died before he was done! I've been waiting 2 years for the last book!