What day is your weigh day and why?

Options

Replies

• taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    When I feel like it. Measure once a month, usually at the end of the month, and weigh when it suits me. Weight isn't that important.
  • Srardon82
    Options
    Thursdays and Sundays before dinner. I choose these days so I don't go over my calorie count with a big dinner, and it serves as a reminder before going into the weekend, or starting my week. Its a nice motivator if I'm thinking about cheating. When I see how much weight I've lost since my last weight, I usually stick to being good.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    Mine ae Saturday mornings after using the bathroom and before eating. The reason why I do this is because I tend to slack off on the weekends, which I think it ok to do.. however, once Monday comes, I'm able to kick it into high gear once again and focus
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Everyday. First thing in the morning.

Edited to add:
    I have almost never weighed myself at any other time during the day. Just the one time per day, record it on MFP and done until the next morning.
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I weigh in on Sunday morning so I can start me week right knowing how much weight I lost the previous week =)
  • gretaliana
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and record my weight. I am in a fitness contest at work though, and my weigh in for that is Monday. I tend to over indulge on the weekend so having knowing I am getting weighed Monday tends to help me eat better over the weekend.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on whether I choose to have my treat meal on wednesday or thursday, lol.
  • shan2684
    Options
    every day. sometimes many times during the day. im neurotic.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    All days that end in " y " .
  • edessad
    edessad Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Although I weigh every day I am not to bothered with slight fluctuations. It is what I weigh on a Saturday morning that counts. I do my Official weight on Saturday as I also do my measurements and log it all on a spread sheet as I do not work on a Saturday so I have the time. So long as everything, from weight, BF%, LBM and measurements are in the right direction on a Saturday, I do not get to upset if I see a slight gain during the week.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    All day, every day. Because I was only able to let go of my obsession with the scale when I saw that my weight fluctuates in a whopping range of 15 lbs in a matter of a week, without any difference in how I physically look or how my clothes fit, and due to factors I can't control, such as severe constipation, or how dairy milk sometimes causes me an allergic reaction and other times no.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Sunday morning. Why? Because if I gained, I can go to church and pray for strength. :laugh:
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Officially, I weigh-in on Wednesdays.
    I have cheat-day* on Saturday so, it gives me time to unbloat.

* Cheat-day for me isn't eating over my calories, I just eat whatever I want while staying within my calorie budget for the day.
  • techkid5
    Options
    Fridays, overeating during the weekend is easy, so weighing myself on Friday helps me keep my goal in mind during the rest of the weekend.
  • taytay9955
    Options
    Wednesday morning. Makes me accountable all week long and allows me to be good at work, good at the weekend, but able to have enough time to recuperate, should I go off the rails. Weighing at the weekends is so depressing because in London, Friday and Saturday nights are your nights out really, so I know I'd just fluctuate massively.

this ^^
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I need to get me a weighing day as I weigh when I feel like it - sometimes months :laugh:
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    every day. sometimes many times during the day. im neurotic.

Me too!
  • ms_isis12
    Options
    Only on Sunday mornings.
  • Melanie2345
    Options
    Friday morn. As know at weekends I may have a little more than in the week!
  • cozystyle
    cozystyle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i really like this idea...i weighed in for the first time on Friday morning, so i think i will do what u r doing, every other Friday, that way i can see more of a progress..good luck and keep up the good work:smile:
    It is going to be Sundays. Every 2 weeks, Tomorrow will be my first weigh in ( Sunday last day of the week,so I can see how I did for the "week" every 2 weeks from my personal experience. One week for me isn't enough, because if I haven't lost as much I thought I would I get discouraged. ( Thats just the way my head works) :ohwell: