Mood drops after intense cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I felt like that after a good run, it was because in my efforts to lose weight, I was not eating nearly enough calories ( unknowingly, I had underestimated my activity level). Make sure you're eating enough of the right foods
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'd get a very serious drop on longer distance runs back when I was doing them. I stopped doing anything over 15km because of this. I think any new exercise can lead to it and it may be worth adding a post workout shake or meal or both. I know the sugar after workout thing is debatable at best, but I'm one that it seems to help. And I figure it can't really hurt as long as you fit it into your calories and macros. I use an ice cream and protein shake.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I would say what a lot of others are saying...it's probably your diet..what or how much your eating. I always feel really good after a work out, and get that "runners high". Unless I've been eating like poo or not enough then I'm just super cranky and irritated.. my husband gets like this x1000.
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get like that after a long run. I can lift for two hours and feel awesome, but if I run for an hour I'm toast. Depleting your sugar's seems to make sense. I usually have a protein shake afterwards but it doesn't help. I'm just too whooped. I refer to it as "coming down from my runner's high". I'll literally be smiling while sprinting hills on my way back home and energetic until I hit my doorstep. When I come down, I crash hard.
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I feel like this also....I agree with what others are saying, but also make sure you aren't overtraining. When I end up going to the gym on a "rest day" and run, I am super wiped. Also, make sure you are getting enough sleep at night.