The Peanut Butter + Keyboard Tragedy...Question

Options
13»

Replies

• aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Lie...peanut butter? What peanut butter?

I seriously considered the shark method. If I could just get the shark to eat the whole computer, any evidence of peanut butter would be gone....then I figured the keepers at SeaWorld would probably get pissed if I kept trying to feed Shamu a computer. <sigh> Such as life. I had to fess up.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    hypothetically speaking...if i was in the room when it happened i would have spat my coffee all over you and choked on what little was left in my mouth while rolling around the floor laughing....hypothetically speaking of course 8D

You should have seen it! The toast stood up and took a slow motion swan dive directly at the computer! I could only stare in amazement....and horror! Damn, I just made that toast and now it's gonna get cold while I clean up the mess. Some days you're just better off staying in bed :tongue:
  • SomerAngel
    SomerAngel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I actually would have loved to be a fly on the wall just to see your reaction. =)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You've gotten great advice for cleaning it. Years ago I spilled orange juice on my big fancy office phone. I wiped it down, but the buttons always stuck after that. I removed the little card where you are supposed to write important numbers and wrote the following: "Note: Do not spill orange juice into phones."
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Deny all knowledge and get the kid to clean it. Easy.
  • SomerAngel
    Options
    You've gotten great advice for cleaning it. Years ago I spilled orange juice on my big fancy office phone. I wiped it down, but the buttons always stuck after that. I removed the little card where you are supposed to write important numbers and wrote the following: "Note: Do not spill orange juice into phones."

Hahah thats awesome!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Take the laptop outside, set up a video camera, video yourself going on a rant about your daughter being irresponsible and eating peanut buttered toast at her computer. Then pull out your gun, and shoot the computer. Post said video on YouTube and on your Facebook and then you can show her what happened because she won't be able to see it to her self.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Take it apart and clean it with high proof rubbing alcohol. It's relatively safe on electronic parts.

OR

Take the laptop outside, set up a video camera, video yourself going on a rant about your daughter being irresponsible and eating peanut buttered toast at her computer. Then pull out your gun, and shoot the computer. Post said video on YouTube and on your Facebook and then you can show her what happened because she won't be able to see it to her self.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options

She's an adult, so that wouldn't have quite the same impact as the father teaching his teenager a lesson...I'd just come off looking like a complete whack job! Of course, the video of them carting me away in a straight jacket has definite potential for youtube gold <hmmmm how much does she really like that computer anyway??>
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Now that it has peanut butter on it, the laptop is actually edible (and delicious). I say have it for lunch tomorrow.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

She's an adult, so that wouldn't have quite the same impact as the father teaching his teenager a lesson...I'd just come off looking like a complete whack job! Of course, the video of them carting me away in a straight jacket has definite potential for youtube gold <hmmmm how much does she really like that computer anyway??>

IN that case

1242128.jpg
  • aliciagetshealthy
    Options
    Now that it has peanut butter on it, the laptop is actually edible (and delicious). I say have it for lunch tomorrow.

But does peanut butter have any disinfectant type properties...because, again, we're back to me actually putting my tongue on something my kids' hands have been on. Oh hell, who am I kidding...I've eaten worse, and there is peanut butter involved after all.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Does your daughter have a brother, or sister? You could blame it on them...:wink:
  • SomerAngel
    Options
    To late to that David she's already fessed up.. She could have easily blammed it on my brother, I would have believed her. =)