Protein farts!

Options

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Ooh hey you're in Rockville! I'm in Kensington. What do you say we *reads topic* oh god. Uhh, I'm late for a thingie.

mm5go.gif
    I don't blame you lol

Edit: spelling
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Undercooked eggs and apple peels are what get me going. I don't know if probiotics make the problem better or worse. Sometimes I ask my spouse to take it outside. Lots of lifting with squats helps get it out so I don't carry it around so long. I am scared to think of what I would smell like if I went raw/vegan! Cumin, turmeric and anything pickled (due to vinegar content) are supposed to be good to reduce problem according to my herb book.
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    LIGHT A MATCH
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when I was on the protein powders, it was totally, utterly obnoxious, never known such a stench.
    It really seemed to come into it's own when I was jogging on the treadmill or on the elliptical. Smell of rotten eggs, basically. I was also having a lot of fish, cottage cheese and eggs at that time, and the issue has not been there since I cut the protein powder and some of the fish I was having. I don't think loads of protein is necessarily a good thing if the body cannot deal with processing it all.
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LIGHT A MATCH
    It would blow the house up! D:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, escaping your blast radius aside and trying to troubleshoot the issue -- it looks like you're trying to get swole and you're doing the vegetarian thing so I assume you're supplementing.

If you're using a sweetened supplement, they often use lower-cal sugar alcohols/xylitol (incidentally vegan); you might be making your situation worse. Xylitol is associated with gastrointestinal discomfort and chronic bomb-*kitten*.

If you are using products containing that substance, consider testing an unsweetened vegan supplement.
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    try egg protein. you don't know bad till you're using egg protein instead of whey
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    try egg protein. you don't know bad till you're using egg protein instead of whey
    I don't use whey anymore. I went vegan so egg isn't an option.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I don't use whey anymore. I went vegan so egg isn't an option.
    good for you! i actually recently switched to pea protein myself. :)
  • mireyap21
    Options
    ugh i noticed more gas then usual! I hate it when i get most gassy at the wrong times -_-
  • preservation666
    preservation666 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hazard of a high protein diet. My boyfriend is like, OMG STOP! But then I tell him that's how I show my affection and not to resist my methane cuddles. Then I give him a romantic dutch oven and slap him on the *kitten*.

im laughing so much at this because i would do the exact same! who said romance is dead.
  • preservation666
    preservation666 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ive started high protein too and i farted enough without the protein but i just proudly shout at my friends and family i made you a present or you just shout can you smell popcorn so you are not the only one smelling the awesomness....im one classy chick
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I obviously am not eating enough protein as I do not have this problem. :laugh:
  • thefithuntress
    Options
    The trick is to have a significant other who also loves fitness. Then you can fart together. :flowerforyou:
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when I was on the protein powders, it was totally, utterly obnoxious, never known such a stench.
    It really seemed to come into it's own when I was jogging on the treadmill or on the elliptical. Smell of rotten eggs, basically. I was also having a lot of fish, cottage cheese and eggs at that time, and the issue has not been there since I cut the protein powder and some of the fish I was having. I don't think loads of protein is necessarily a good thing if the body cannot deal with processing it all.

What kind of protein powder? It might be the whey
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hazard of a high protein diet. My boyfriend is like, OMG STOP! But then I tell him that's how I show my affection and not to resist my methane cuddles. Then I give him a romantic dutch oven and slap him on the *kitten*.

LMFAO! i foresee the use of the term "methane cuddles" entering my vocabulary.....
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars will usually fix any gas issues you may have. Seriously, eat two for lunch. ;)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Silent but deadly...