Try digestive enzymes.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Tell your spouse it is your intestines blowing them a kiss...:laugh:
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars will usually fix any gas issues you may have. Seriously, eat two for lunch. ;)

Well played...
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hazard of a high protein diet. My boyfriend is like, OMG STOP! But then I tell him that's how I show my affection and not to resist my methane cuddles. Then I give him a romantic dutch oven and slap him on the *kitten*.

OMG, I burst out laughing...so funny!
  • djkronyx
    djkronyx Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What is this phenom you speak of?!? You just gave me motivation to increase my protein intake that much more :)
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    LOL seeing the title of this thread was enough to make me giggle. Been there done that LOL
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein and am proud of my raunchy farts.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Why would you want to get rid of it?
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hazard of a high protein diet. My boyfriend is like, OMG STOP! But then I tell him that's how I show my affection and not to resist my methane cuddles. Then I give him a romantic dutch oven and slap him on the *kitten*.

^^^:laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • dellis83
    dellis83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Best forum post ever.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars will usually fix any gas issues you may have. Seriously, eat two for lunch. ;)

Well played...

My husband's work has Fiber Fridays, someone brings in a super big box of Fiber Ones from Sam's and they share their farts with everyone on the loud speaker.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I thought that was the reason we ate so much protein. Am I missing something?
  • abab1212
    abab1212 Posts: 1
    Options
    Does anyone know how to reduce the potency of this legendary gas?

The best way is probably to just keep pounding down the protein, even increase it a little. Eventually, once your kidneys fail, you won't have to worry about the gas any more. Easy.
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    LIGHT A MATCH

Almost lost my 8th glass of water out of my nose on this one....NOW I know I'm tired and going to bed as this struck me incredibly funny. Have a good night all and tomorrow is another day to work on your goals.
  • ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    As we all know the best farts are SBDs, if that's what ya got ya should be riding in ALOT of elevators, nothin like droppin that bomb as you exit!!!!
  • MeeLee1980
    MeeLee1980 Posts: 1
    Options
    You're taking more protein than your body can process.
    Either reduce protein intake, or take additional nutrition to increase your body's capacity to take in / metabolize protein.

Alternatively, you can take ProBiotic yoghurt, they will not increase your protein intake, however they might help reduce the effects somewhat, by breaking down remaining protein/energy in the waste.

You could also try to find protein drinks with less sugar. An overconsumption of sugar also leads to gastritits, and could make your farts more smelly.
  • myrandomstuff
    Options
    @mojohowitz - you are telling them to eat fiber one bars to resolve the issue? You are evil sir...dastardly evil
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

girl after my own heart.
  • mewilms628
    mewilms628 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This got me giggling, mostly because I've been there. I suffer with digestive issues, always have, always will. One thing that I found helps with gas, bloating and general abdominal discomfort it probiotics. I take it with breakfast and feel great all day.
  • mewilms628
    mewilms628 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This got me giggling, mostly because I've been there. I suffer with digestive issues, always have, always will. One thing that I found helps with gas, bloating and general abdominal discomfort it probiotics. I take it with breakfast and feel great all day.