Help Evaluate My Diary!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What store is having a sale on Weight Watchers giant fudge bars? Clearly you bought the entire store...? Just going back to Monday you went through 4 boxes of them.
    WalMart. They're a dollar off right now.
  • darkfitandlovely
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Try to cut back on the fast food. Perhaps finding healthy alternatives. Instead of McDonald's mcmuffin, try a Jimmy dean delight canadian bacon muffin. Making that change will save you 90 calories. Add an apple and you're at the same 300 calories as before, but it's more balanced with fruit.

Look at the nutrition information BEFORE you eat the food. It might make you think twice about eating it. Looks like you have a little bit of time to practice making better food choices. Now, it's time to add some exercise. However, you might want to consult your doctor or start by walking everyday. The amount of sodium you are consuming makes it difficult to believe you don't have high blood pressure. Thus, you don't want to start off too strenuously and shock your heart.

Lastly, when making changes you have to be able to maintain those changes. You can still loose weight and continue to eat the foods you love, but don't over do it.

I'm sure you know how you gained the weight. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Don't be insane!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Shopping Lists are your friend.

What I mean by this is maybe you should look at the things you want to incorporate into your diet - yogurts fruit veg etc.

When you go shopping write up a list of the things you need and add a couple of your wants in SMALL numbers like ONE BOX lol.. (going cold turkey is hard) and just buy what is on the list.

For example you see the fudge bars are on special BUT you have allowed yourself one box on your list so you buy ONE box not 10 because they are on special.
    The 'but because' excuse we use with food is one of the reasons why we end up bigger than we wanted to.

You can't eat them if you don't buy them and your boxes of sweet treats are taking the calories that you could be allocating to nutritious foods.

As I cook the meals and do our food shopping, I also manage my husband's food diary intake. I know he likes his chocolate and icecreams so he gets a calorie allowance to use on those and he needs to make a choice of which he is going to eat as he usually can't have both. Now he just chooses out of habit even though his calories are upping to maintenance.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    First I admire you for wanting to have a healthy life style. But you have a LONG way to go before you get there. I also eat out almost every evening. I know that is bad but my husband will have it no other way. So I don't go to any fast food places, and try to make as good choices as I can. I also can not stop eating the chocolate frozen treats so I just don't I don't care if they are on sale. I don't agree with the one person congratulating you on the wieght loss. The way you are going about doing it is crazy wrong. You were only given one body and it's kind of expensive getting replacement parts!!!!! My last word to say is I hope you have good health insurance.
  • cedarghost
    Options
    First I admire you for wanting to have a healthy life style. But you have a LONG way to go before you get there. I also eat out almost every evening. I know that is bad but my husband will have it no other way. So I don't go to any fast food places, and try to make as good choices as I can. I also can not stop eating the chocolate frozen treats so I just don't I don't care if they are on sale. I don't agree with the one person congratulating you on the wieght loss. The way you are going about doing it is crazy wrong. You were only given one body and it's kind of expensive getting replacement parts!!!!! My last word to say is I hope you have good health insurance.
    But my doctor says I am healthy. I just had a full blood panel done last month. They checked testosterone, lipid levels, cholesterol, blood pressure, the whole nine. And I have lost a total of 20 pounds, 10% body fat and gained lean body mass and strength.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    good luck
  • cedarghost
    Options
    Kind of seems like a joke, good luck to you and your arteries.
    That wasn't very constructive. Why are you attacking me?
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ignore the snarky people, I would say start your morning out with a protein shake if you have no time. I use EAS WHEY with soy milk. Kick start the metabolism. You know the fast food is bad, but when you are on the run it happens. It is a lot of sodium. I would try to knock that done. You will be fine. Oh and the biggest thing of all, patience.

Good luck.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses and justifications, make time to prepare an easy breakfast, cut out the piles of rubbish, eat a diet that contains all the nutrients that the human body needs. Alternatively there are plenty of 'healthy' smokers you could take that up.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    First two days of your diary and I see taco bell, dairy queen, fudge bar so I just stopped there..Obviously what your eating has high sugar and high sodium, ditch the fast food and eat healthy low sodium/sugar meals.
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    LOL This has to be a joke :-\ Or at least I hope it is. I know my diary could use some improvement too but damn, 6 fudge bars in 1 day?? Seriously??
This discussion has been closed.