Just plain MEAN!

Options

Replies

• LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd say Sociopath. could be borderline personality or just anger issues because of something that happened to her.
    Lack of empathy is one of the biggest characteristics of a sociopath.

Yes Lea's right. Way more than just anger issues. She knows her thoughts are wrong but she continues to feel and act the same way.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it would motivate you to get some help if you knew what anger does to the body:
    http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/anger2.htm
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'd say Sociopath. could be borderline personality or just anger issues because of something that happened to her.

Yes Lea's right. Way more than just anger issues. She knows her thoughts are wrong but she continues to feel and act the same way.

Well, she had said sometimes so I thought maybe it was just her being extreme in her feelings (going from angry, etc to numb). That's why I threw that out there. :)

But still..pretty concerning regardless. OP needs to look into getting some help.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was because I grew up so FAT that now I'm a complete semi-psycho *****. I mean, I am demonic sometimes. I'm unapologetic and almost incapable of caring about people I don't know. Does anyone else have an obscene amount of hostility to just little things? I mean you go ******* crazy sometimes, and later wonder WHY you got so ANGRY, and stayed that way for so long? Sometimes I simply don't care about people or their plight. I don't get any pleasure off of it, but I don't care. What makes an entire room cry, has zero effect on me. Am I just mean?

Anyone else completely turned on right now?
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Sociopaths and psychopaths don't usually see that they have anything wrong with them though. Its not an easy diagnosis to make and not one that can be done here.
  • ejyogafit
    Options
    GET HELP
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was because I grew up so FAT that now I'm a complete semi-psycho *****. I mean, I am demonic sometimes. I'm unapologetic and almost incapable of caring about people I don't know. Does anyone else have an obscene amount of hostility to just little things? I mean you go ******* crazy sometimes, and later wonder WHY you got so ANGRY, and stayed that way for so long? Sometimes I simply don't care about people or their plight. I don't get any pleasure off of it, but I don't care. What makes an entire room cry, has zero effect on me. Am I just mean?

I swear to the gods Brett you need to get out of my head before the others discover you.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You may want to talk to a therapist. Not trying to offend, but it may help.

This. In all seriousness.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    leavinginahurry.gif

....... quietly leaving .......
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I think you're just hungry...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Sociopaths and psychopaths don't usually see that they have anything wrong with them though. Its not an easy diagnosis to make and not one that can be done here.

i dont think this is true. many of them know..

they know enough to hide it... hence the use of charm and manipulations to get people to do things they want or think about them a certain way.

but yes, OP see a therapist. growing up fat has nothing to do with a lack of empathy.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've never been this way, but you sound a lot like my sister. She is selfish, only cares about her own problems and wellbeing, has zero empathy, and has a real anger problem. When she explodes in anger she turns beet red and spits as she has her tantrum, practically foaming at the mouth. She needs to get help and it sounds like you do too.
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Given the state of the 'Murican society today, I'll gladly be called a sociopath.
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    OK- not to minimize the problem- because it's a big problem that probably needs to be dealt with professionally- but some of these reply post are so funny I'm about to pee in my pants. I really appreciate a good sense of humor!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    removed.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Your emotional bucket is filled to the brim with anger. So, if anything causes the slightest bit of anger or frustration the bucket overflows. It is so full that there's no room left for empathy or sympathy or just caring. Get some professional counselling to help you empty the bucket.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    removed.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

this reminded me of quagmire.

OP i knew a girl like you, we use to be really good friends but then she started saying she wants to kill herself before she's 35 and all this crazy stuff, i tried to help but she was very attention seeking kind of crazy and also would pick on my younger (autistic) sister, she wasn't an ok person up there. so me being my mild mannered self just backed away from our friendship. i'd suggest therapy, definitely.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I think in a sense you do care if you're asking about it. I'm not going to lie, I have a really messed up sense of humor and laugh at things i shouldn't laugh at, but I have been through a lot myself, and didn't have exactly a great upbringing, seen a lot of deaths in my whole 22yrs of life (i know a lot right?), and have gone through a "tramatic series of unfortenate events". I was in anger management, counseling, drug and substance abuse counseling, I've been arrested because of my anger at the world, and why things kept happeneing to me that shouldn't....but to me my perspective has slowly changed, I had realized, that you know what life really is too short (i know an over used phrase, but TRUE!)....I laugh at stupid things, or horrible things, because that's how i learned to turn my anger at the world, because being angry at everyone or just being plain hateful, only makes you more lonely and bitter inside, there are just some things we can't control, but a lot we can, so i just try to be the best person i can be, and to have a lot more of an open mind. you can't help someone that doesn't want to help themselves, so if you want to change your life or alter your perspective, DO IT! :happy:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    You may want to talk to a therapist. Not trying to offend, but it may help.

Don't piss her off:wink: