Just plain MEAN!

Options

Replies

• Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    You may not be MEAN, but you MAY be bi-polar. I am lucky enough to have a boyfriend with a bi-polar ex of a wife. It's too bad we can't get along, because it's her daughter that has to pay the ultimate price...

Bi-polar has ups and downs and goes through cycles though of depression/mania (I'm bi-polar). What she's describing sounds more like borderline personality disorder. My husband has a psycho-ex who was seriously bi-polar and could be really mean but other times she was really bubbly and happy and nice. Could be a combination of things.

Okay, so my boyfriends ex is just a psychotic ***** on TOP of being bi-polar. No getting around it. Our lives are miserable because of it.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    leavinginahurry.gif

....... quietly leaving .......

In all seriousness though, seek a counselor because only feeling anger and resentment is not a really great way to live life. Something deeper must have happened.
  • LethainIowa
    Options
    leavinginahurry.gif

....... quietly leaving .......

LMAO! I'm right behind you.........
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Options
    (and she has only 25 lbs to go...)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump..cant wait to read this:drinker:
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Options
    Maybe it was because I grew up so FAT that now I'm a complete semi-psycho *****. I mean, I am demonic sometimes. I'm unapologetic and almost incapable of caring about people I don't know. Does anyone else have an obscene amount of hostility to just little things? I mean you go ******* crazy sometimes, and later wonder WHY you got so ANGRY, and stayed that way for so long? Sometimes I simply don't care about people or their plight. I don't get any pleasure off of it, but I don't care. What makes an entire room cry, has zero effect on me. Am I just mean?
    Dear Overly Angry OP,

I suspect that hard view on the world comes from a lot more than just being fat. Such a lack of empathy and a desire to be angry probably stems from something deeper than that. Then again, it may stem from nothing. Sometimes personalities are just... what they are. And mental issues may be at play, even ones as 'simple' as depression or anxiety.

I mean, I honestly don't care much for other people's problems at work or in their relationship; it's just how I am. But at the same time, you have to understand that being angry at things you can't change won't solve anything, and getting angry at things you can change—without doing a thing to change the problems—solves nothing, either.

Vent your anger for sure (I suggest journals; they help me), but don't take it out on other people. They have their own problems; we all do. I know some people get off on making others miserable, but after a point you have to grow up and grow past that, and deal with things more maturely. I'm not sure if you're one of these people, but if you are, it's food for thought.

This may be a really odd reply, but to OP and anyone else who may have read it, I am very close in personality and I personally pinpointed many of the problems I mentioned above in myself. But I know anger is no good for me, and I am still very much in the process of trying to overcome my temper. Unfortunately, I still struggle with a lack of caring for other people's mundane problems, but hey, no one likes to hear about boring work stories... [coughs] XD

Anyway, good luck if you're trying at all to fix it. I mean, you must have posted for some reason. And if you're not trying to, then good luck to those around you.

Sincerely,
    Another Rage-Filled Person (Who Happened to Learn on Their Own to Be Laid-Back AF and Stopped Giving a F--k About the Small Things Because What's the Point of Stressing About BS?)

Edit: I have never been to therapy and have mostly overcome my anxiety without medication. I find that this issue of mine is much like losing weight; it takes dedication and a conscious effort, and I think it can be done depending on severity and the person. I don't think there's any harm in professional help, either, if you think you need it. But you should want it for yourself.

I just see a lot of myself in OP, and from a personal standpoint, it's very rare to come across someone who is in the same boat about this issue, as evidenced by pretty much all of the replies here. And that's to be expected, nothing wrong with you all for replying the way you have; it's a natural reaction. Just letting OP know they're not alone and not an alien or anything.

THANK YOU (Although you probably don't give a *kitten*.). ;)
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Do you see dead people?

More importantly, would you care if you did????
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I have what can seem like an irrational anger, but seriously, there are too many stupid-*kitten* drivers in Los Angeles and they make for a rotten commute home. If they could just stay off the road for 15 minutes, my drive home would be no problem and I would never be angry ever again.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Options
    Do you see dead people?

More importantly, would you care if you did????

She MAKES dead people...
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    I am not a psychiatrist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

My diagnosis

CrazyImage.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't exactly call this chit chat fun and games by any means. Seeing as that whole freakin sociapath post described my ex to a T. Seriously OP, if you find you have no empathy for anyone....there is a lot of other stuff that goes along with that, that you're gonna also need help with. So go get some kinda therapy NOW.

Dexter is a classic sociopath, right?

BBP03152lg.jpg
  • Jojofreo
    Jojofreo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your on a journey, your starting out- in time with attention you can learn to be happier...life is easier that way. The fact that you have shared how you are is a start on this journey...self awareness is a great starting point, and that's where you are..so you are on your way.
  • BearDreams
    Options
    I've heard it said that children grow up to be like you when their parents had little time for them growing up. Having their every day concerns minimized doesn't help them to learn how to deal with different emotions properly. Making you angry over the slightest of things.

Here is a link regarding it. http://www.kidsdr.com/your-toddler/toddler-s-tantrums-may-be-linked-angry-parents

If you are aware of the problem have you considered therapy; councilors can be very helpful. Psychiatrist possibly? Your doctor even could prescribe something to help you. Maybe its a chemical imbalance and you need some serotonin to cheer you up? Good luck!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was because I grew up so FAT that now I'm a complete semi-psycho *****. I mean, I am demonic sometimes. I'm unapologetic and almost incapable of caring about people I don't know. Does anyone else have an obscene amount of hostility to just little things? I mean you go ******* crazy sometimes, and later wonder WHY you got so ANGRY, and stayed that way for so long? Sometimes I simply don't care about people or their plight. I don't get any pleasure off of it, but I don't care. What makes an entire room cry, has zero effect on me. Am I just mean?
    Dear Overly Angry OP,

I suspect that hard view on the world comes from a lot more than just being fat. Such a lack of empathy and a desire to be angry probably stems from something deeper than that. Then again, it may stem from nothing. Sometimes personalities are just... what they are. And mental issues may be at play, even ones as 'simple' as depression or anxiety.

I mean, I honestly don't care much for other people's problems at work or in their relationship; it's just how I am. But at the same time, you have to understand that being angry at things you can't change won't solve anything, and getting angry at things you can change—without doing a thing to change the problems—solves nothing, either.

Vent your anger for sure (I suggest journals; they help me), but don't take it out on other people. They have their own problems; we all do. I know some people get off on making others miserable, but after a point you have to grow up and grow past that, and deal with things more maturely. I'm not sure if you're one of these people, but if you are, it's food for thought.

This may be a really odd reply, but to OP and anyone else who may have read it, I am very close in personality and I personally pinpointed many of the problems I mentioned above in myself. But I know anger is no good for me, and I am still very much in the process of trying to overcome my temper. Unfortunately, I still struggle with a lack of caring for other people's mundane problems, but hey, no one likes to hear about boring work stories... [coughs] XD

Anyway, good luck if you're trying at all to fix it. I mean, you must have posted for some reason. And if you're not trying to, then good luck to those around you.

Sincerely,
    Another Rage-Filled Person (Who Happened to Learn on Their Own to Be Laid-Back AF and Stopped Giving a F--k About the Small Things Because What's the Point of Stressing About BS?)

Edit: I have never been to therapy and have mostly overcome my anxiety without medication. I find that this issue of mine is much like losing weight; it takes dedication and a conscious effort, and I think it can be done depending on severity and the person. I don't think there's any harm in professional help, either, if you think you need it. But you should want it for yourself.

I just see a lot of myself in OP, and from a personal standpoint, it's very rare to come across someone who is in the same boat about this issue, as evidenced by pretty much all of the replies here. And that's to be expected, nothing wrong with you all for replying the way you have; it's a natural reaction. Just letting OP know they're not alone and not an alien or anything.

I very much relate to the above. It's just something you learn to control. The rage inside of me has subsided though as I've learned most of the stuff I used to get angry about is just so stupid. I choose to focus on things that make me happy. Sounds simple, but it works.
  • deedeeFP
    Options
    Maybe your childhood has caused those feelings. Kids can be mean. But most people are good in this world and willing to help others. So maybe finding a group to help you with these feelings would be best. Good luck withe everyhiing.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I grew up fat with a criminal father and a very young drug addicted mother and I feel pain for everyone. I'm very sensitive, I cant watch other people cry with felling horrible (or depending on the person crying myself). My sister on the other hand gets very angry over little things and stays upset about them for long periods of time, but she is also very sensitive at the same time. I agree with the others, I think you might need therapy, not trying to sound like a ***** just trying to be helpful.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I agree with what someone else said about bpd (I was diagnosed with it) I have pretty much the same symptoms your describing. See a doc cause you know it not fun living this way.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

Do you work in customer service? Because that will do it. After any customer service job shift I always looked around hoping someone had left out a global destruct button I could press.

Okay, one more thing, this one is for real: Not eating enough calories for a few days straight will also do this to me. When I don't eat enough to sustain basic function I hate everyone!
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Sorry, wrong door....
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hey OP,

No one here can tell you what's going on or why. There really can be a lot of explanations, and what you've said is definitely not enough to diagnose you with anything. But if you are unhappy enough about it to risk asking about it here, really do consider getting an opinion from a professional. Your experiences won't be new to a professional, and a professional won't judge you or put you down. Professionals will help you understand how those feelings came to be and what to do about them. Good luck to you!