Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE) and Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

^^This...is what I was thinking as well. Remind me to never post a question on this site, ever!

You would really prefer that people give you b.s. answers? I'd prefer their real, honest opinions, like are being given here.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Why would people bother to respond just to be rude. A friend has lost 20 pounds and claims that the green coffee bean extract has helped tremendously!

They're not being rude, they're pointing out that this pills could be harmful, are stupid, and are a waste if money.

You clearly want to be coddled and told that there ok and you'll lose all the weight by taking them. You might but I bet you gain it back when you stop with these "miracle pills"
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If being told "No, this doesn't work, for reasons x,y, and z" is being rude, people would be off doing all kinds of dangerous things to lose weight.

This is a support board, but it's also a place find good and healthy information, to correct misinformation. If "No, that's a bad idea" wasn't used here, then this place would be terrifically useless at best and unscrupulous and dangerous at worst.

Being told No - sometimes it's a good thing.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

^^This...is what I was thinking as well. Remind me to never post a question on this site, ever!

You would really prefer that people give you b.s. answers? I'd prefer their real, honest opinions, like are being given here.

the reason the OP got the response that she did is because she started a thread inquiering about some "miracle pill'. There is no secret pill or fad diet that is going to make you lose weight. Eat less, work out, lose weight. I don't think anyone is being rude in pointing this out..we are just trying to save her money and more frustration when the latest fad diet/pill does not work out ...
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

I know right! We should just tell everyone what they want to hear.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Save your money
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    if I put some crap in a pill, bottled it, and said it "stimualtes fat loss" would you buy it?

Don't forget to say its all natural :laugh:
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Why would people bother to respond just to be rude. A friend has lost 20 pounds and claims that the green coffee bean extract has helped tremendously!

No on is being rude in my opinion.

A friend can claim they lost those 20lbs while taking the pill but it doesn't mean anything nor does it prove the pill works. Correlation doesn't equal causeation.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have tried just about every diet pill and the only thing I have found that works is tracking my calories and moving my butt more.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Only took half a page to get the, "OMG EVERYONE IS SO MEAN HERE" response. Record time!

OP, don't waste your money. Work on being consistent and patient and relearning how to live so you can maintain a healthy lifestyle forever. Anything else is just a bandaid fix, not permanent.
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I just started using GCBE and it got me out of a 7 month stall. its 400 mg with 45-50% of that other ingredient. It was not expensive, walmart had it but i got it from amazon cause i ordered other stuff for free shipping. It wont be a way of life but it got me outta that plateau that nothing seemed to help.
  • bonniecarbs
    Options
    she is only asking if enyone used it and had good results.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Meh! I prefer the sledgehammer method
  • bonniecarbs
    Options
    if you could prove that your crap-in-a-pill worked i'd give it a try.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

you're right. Don't post a question about diet pills, raspberry keytones, cleanses, netting 400 calories a day, or colonics. They are all no good, and if you don't want people to give you their opinions about how bad these types of things can be, or how much of a waste of money they are, then you shouldnt come to a fitness site to ask for advice. Go onto a Dr. Oz blog page and ask them.
  • shellrose55
    Options
    I have been taking Garcinia Cambogia for about a week and a half. I extensively researched it before starting. Dr. Oz recommends a brand with at least 50% HCA (hydroxycitric acid) which is the active ingredient. The brand I purchased was Life Extension because it was the only one I could find with the 50% HCA. It is actually called HCA and when you read the nutrition facts it says Garcinia Cambogia. You have to take one or two pills 45 minutes before you eat. I find I am less hungry and I have also lost about 4 pounds since I began to take them. I am already dieting and exercising and I feel that this product does exactly what it says it does, makes you fuller and makes you lose a little more weight than you normally would with diet and exercise.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/garcinia-cambogia-hca
    This is the link to the Dr. Oz article

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01675/HCA.html?source=search&key=hca
    This is the product link
  • mlh0825
    mlh0825 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've tried the green tea extract and it gave me headaches. I discontinued the use of it. I have found that sensible diet and walking were the best method for me. Ignore the idiots on here that just want to be arrogant and rude. Obviously, they have nothing better to do than be miserable and try to share it with others. Good luck to you in your weight loss journey.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    No one is being rude in this thread. People are simply giving opinions that some people don't want to hear. Don't worry, though. My FL is on the way.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Garcinia Cambogia for about a week and a half. I extensively researched it before starting. Dr. Oz recommends a brand with at least 50% HCA (hydroxycitric acid) which is the active ingredient. The brand I purchased was Life Extension because it was the only one I could find with the 50% HCA. It is actually called HCA and when you read the nutrition facts it says Garcinia Cambogia. You have to take one or two pills 45 minutes before you eat. I find I am less hungry and I have also lost about 4 pounds since I began to take them. I am already dieting and exercising and I feel that this product does exactly what it says it does, makes you fuller and makes you lose a little more weight than you normally would with diet and exercise.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/garcinia-cambogia-hca
    This is the link to the Dr. Oz article

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Item01675/HCA.html?source=search&key=hca
    This is the product link

see... dr. oz page.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

you're right. Don't post a question about diet pills, raspberry keytones, cleanses, netting 400 calories a day, or colonics. They are all no good, and if you don't want people to give you their opinions about how bad these types of things can be, or how much of a waste of money they are, then you shouldnt come to a fitness site to ask for advice. Go onto a Dr. Oz blog page and ask them.

^ warning: wisdom contained within.
This discussion has been closed.