Frozen Crock Pot Recipes

Options

Replies

• nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    here's an idea: freeze the whole meal in one of those crock pot liner bags, and just put the whole thing in the crockpot.

How do you seal the bags for the freezer? The crock pot liners I have don't seal at the top and outside the crock pot, don't hold liquid without tipping over either.

i use a twisty-tie to close the bags. i have been known to tie the bag, put it in the crock, and freeze the whole thing until the food is frozen solid, then remove it from the crock to store in the freezer. that way it is the exact shape it needs to be in order to pop it back into the crock to cook it - i don't thaw. granted, you couldn't freeze 40 meals at a time, but i usually cook once, eat twice. if i do that every night for a week, i have a week's worth of meals in the freezer. (i don't have room for 40 meals in there!) i suppose you could twisty-tie the bags and freeze them in the ziploc bags to prevent leakage.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    here's an idea: freeze the whole meal in one of those crock pot liner bags, and just put the whole thing in the crockpot.

How do you seal the bags for the freezer? The crock pot liners I have don't seal at the top and outside the crock pot, don't hold liquid without tipping over either.

i use a twisty-tie to close the bags. i have been known to tie the bag, put it in the crock, and freeze the whole thing until the food is frozen solid, then remove it from the crock to store in the freezer. that way it is the exact shape it needs to be in order to pop it back into the crock to cook it - i don't thaw. granted, you couldn't freeze 40 meals at a time, but i usually cook once, eat twice. if i do that every night for a week, i have a week's worth of meals in the freezer. (i don't have room for 40 meals in there!) i suppose you could twisty-tie the bags and freeze them in the ziploc bags to prevent leakage.

I might give that a try for smaller meals. Thanks! :)
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    This deserves a BUMP
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • dmkelly67
    dmkelly67 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've seen something like this before, but the recipes weren't included. Thanks so much for sharing!! :)
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This is awesome!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I LOVE YOU!

Now if I just had a bigger freezer. I have a stinking ancient side by side.
    It's so old, I can't even tell how old it is. might be older than me, and i'm an 80's child.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to writeup some more recipes I used besides the ones listed. All of these can be bagged and frozen with raw ingredients then thawed and cooked.

Herbed Turkey Breast with Orange Sauce

1 large onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic (pressed)
    1 tsp rosemary
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    3 lbs boneless skinless turkey breast
    1.5 cups orange juice

Crock pot on low 7-8 hours stirring occasionally

Sweet and Tangy Meatballs

36 homemade or frozen meatballs
    16 oz grape jelly
    20 oz barbecue sauce

Crock pot on low for 2-4 hours. Goes well over rice or sauteed veggies

Teriyaki Chicken

1 large carrot, sliced thin
    1 red onion, chopped
    2 large cans pineapple (undrained)
    4 cloves garlic (pressed)
    4 chicken breasts
    1 cup teriyaki sauce

Add 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce to crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Dry Pulled Pork

Pork roast (4-5 lb size)
    2 yellow onions, diced

Dry Rub:
    2 tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp corriander
    2 tsps cumin
    2 tsps onion powder
    1 tbsp parsley
    1/2 tsp chipotle powder
    2 tsps sea salt

Place onions at bottom of crock pot and top with dry rubbed roast. For storage, store onions on bottom of bag then top with dry rubbed pork, squeeze out air, and freeze. Cook on high for 5-6 hours then on low for 3-4 hours until roast shreds easily.
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Teriyaki Chicken

1 large carrot, sliced thin
    1 red onion, chopped
    2 large cans pineapple (undrained)
    4 cloves garlic (pressed)
    4 chicken breasts
    1 cup teriyaki sauce

Add 1/4 cup of teriyaki sauce to crock pot and cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Can't wait to try this one!! Thanks for sharing and Congrats on your new baby! :flowerforyou:
  • 79smudge
    79smudge Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Cool trick to freeze it so it fits right back in the Crock! :drinker: Thanks for sharing it:wink:
    Just wanted to writeup some more recipes I used besides the ones listed. All of these can be bagged and frozen with raw ingredients then thawed and cooked.
    Another fab idea!! :happy:
  • hef0113
    Options
    Bump for later
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    As a single person, I also take the results of the big crock meal, and freeze individual servings, making the grab and go for lunch each night a bit easier...
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks =)
  • LBJordan99
    LBJordan99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump thank you
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, thanks :DDD