Frozen Crock Pot Recipes

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update this post.

I made about 50 meals and froze them this weekend, and we've been eating off of them all week with plenty left in the freezer. It's been very convenient!

When I get a little time, I will post the recipes I used.
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sweet! Thanks a bunch! bump
  • CarrieBeard
    CarrieBeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LOVE the idea of freezing in crock pot bags. I have mixed and froze venison chili and meatloaf , then placed in crock for a ready to eat meal when I got home. CAN'T wait to try some of the other ideas.
  • Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jenikki322
    Options
    Love the idea about the crock pot bags... I've been just freezing in regular freezer bags and dumping into crockpot in the morning before I leave for work. Set to low - come home and dinner is done!! It's awesome! Using the crock pot bags will be even better - less clean up! Great idea!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    here's an idea: freeze the whole meal in one of those crock pot liner bags, and just put the whole thing in the crockpot.

How do you seal the bags for the freezer? The crock pot liners I have don't seal at the top and outside the crock pot, don't hold liquid without tipping over either.
  • MzzNkki
    MzzNkki Posts: 57
    Options
    BUMP
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anewmary
    Options
    good idea...now if I'll just do it!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to check them out, thanks!
  • IslandRider
    Options
    here's an idea: freeze the whole meal in one of those crock pot liner bags, and just put the whole thing in the crockpot.

This^^ is a great idea, and thanks to OP as well!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    thanks for shairing
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Can't wait to read everyone's ideas!
  • Liadora11
    Options
    This is a fantastic idea, I am in school full time, have 3 kids and train karate 4 nights a week so I really needed something like this. Have taken 5 of the recipes to whip up on Sunday and see if it will work for me over the next week.

Thanks sooooo much for posting!
  • rtwinrn06
    rtwinrn06 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I have this one pinned on Pinterest. I even went so far as to copy and paste the shopping list as well as all of the recipes so I could reference them offline. One of these weeks soon (probably in about 2 weeks or so) I'm going to get all of the ingredients and prep these bags. I have a little stand alone freezer and I'm pretty sure this would fill it to the top. The great thing about crock pot meals is that it doesn't have to be completely thawed when you put it in to cook. Just adjust the time slightly.
  • misspepper510
    misspepper510 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago!

Thank you PregosaurusRex and Orapronobis for the links. Here's a list of sites from the replies to the original post:

http://whoneedsacape.com/2012/11/crockpot-freezer-cooking/

crockingirls.com

skinnytaste.com

pinterest.com.
  • nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    That sounds a lot like the big cook. I've done it with friends and it was a blast. We shopped together, prepped together and divvied up the spoils. It was awesome.

that sounds like SO much fun!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Thank you!