is getting implants worth it?

Options

Replies

• Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If it would be worth it to you to get them then do it...also they glow orange when you hold a falshlight up to them. It's pretty cook looking but not a reason to get them, I found this out from a friend with them
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Vegan, I agree. When I read such negative feedback it just baffles me. Elephants in the room? Cover them up for you and your husband's sake? Just screams hate and jealousy to be quite honest. Bottom line, if a woman wants to do it for herself, more power to her. I don't feel you should ever do it for anyone else, altering your body can be quite a rollercoaster ride. It should never be done for anyone other than yourself.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    OP, I recommend visiting JBI (justbreastimplants.com). There you will find support from women with like minds. There are far too many unhappy haters on this site who struggle with hating their own bodies and lash out on others because of it. Best of luck to you.

:laugh:

You are easily amused. A simple mind. I like that.

Excuse me? I'm agreeing with you! I find it ridiculous when people hate on others for no reason! I have wanted a boob job for years but my ordeal last year put me off surgery for good. As I mentioned previously, each to their own...deary me.

My bad. I didn't realize a laughy face was agreeing with me.

No worries :laugh: I added an ETA, it was a bit vague of me!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If it would make you feel comfortable with your body, and you have the money, then do it. But, I would suggest to wait until you are at and have maintained goal for about 6 months or more. I am saving money now for mine, but a friend of mine had hers done right after goal. When her body adjusted and everything settled, she hated them and thought they were too big for her new small frame. You may decide once you get there, that you are perfect the way you are. Especially if you lose proportionally.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Breast implants is b u l lsh it!!

Dont listen to other people or anything like that, the one for you will take you as you are! See there are some guys like me that like smaller boobies and besides that are more of a *kitten* man and even besides that, love goes beyond that ;)

Gold star award ^.

If you get them, please keep 'em covered for you and your man. You almost want to say, "Nice breasts!" just to get rid of the elephant in the room. People with implants often lose respect for their intimate nature. It's like "I paid for these puppies, let's show them off!" They are a body part intended for privacy.

One of the most beautiful and lovely women is know is almost flat-chested. She shines like a diamond. Love her dearly. Love the message she sends her young daughter. Love that her man is totally committed to her and everything about her.

And...keep in mind that huge boobies on an old woman's body look...rather abnormal.

You sound very angry about this whole issue. I don't think that most people with implants act that way.

Also, your second paragraph seems to imply that a woman can't be beautiful & loved by a man if she has implants. So many people have said that a good man will love you even if you have small boobs. I'd take that further & say a good man will love you if you have implants---they will be seeing you beyond your physical appearance no matter what it is.

I also don't agree that getting implants sends a bad message to a woman's daughter. Why not look at it as"My mom had the courage to change what she was unhappy with." I think it's a positive to show your children that everything is not always great & that you can work through things & change your circumstances.
  • sarahtonin015
    sarahtonin015 Posts: 193
    Options
    Being that you are 18, I'd also suggest waiting a few more years, as cosmetic surgeons don't consider your body to be close to done growing until you're about 21 (and even then, sometimes big changes can still occur afterwards). However, it's important to know that MOST DOCTORS WILL NOT GIVE YOU SILICON OR COHESIVE GEL IMPLANTS UNTIL YOU'RE 21 (for the reason I just mentioned). Your only option at this point would most likely be saline implants, and those are more likely to look "fake" - unless that's what you're aiming for, then, no worries I guess haha

I've always wanted them, and I'm getting married this year to a guy who loves my body no matter what, and I'm still considering maybe getting them one day. So I would like to think of myself as another example of a woman who would want them NOT for the sake of impressing other guys. I do admit that, if this is your main goal, then you should reconsider getting them because that would not be the right reason for such an intrusive surgery.

The biggest recommendation I can give you is RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH. You need to know ALL the aspects of the surgery, including all the potential risks, as if they happen to you, they can be SERIOUS. Read a bunch of reviews, both positive and negative. Realself.com is a great place to go; I had a rhinoplasty procedure in February (one of the best decisions I ever made for myself), and I found the community, the chance to write about my experience, and interact with others who are going through, or have gone through, the same thing was SO helpful.

Good luck to you! Send me a FR if you want. :)
  • clye_
    clye_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion - I'm pretty much on the exact same boat as you. Same age, same breast size, and I feel like they are disproportionate to my body. I'm looking to be a full 32C. If I don't see a change by my 21st birthday, breast implants are a go for me!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be worth it to me. I could never justify spending thousands of $$ on anything except the farm, machinery, taxes. Certainly never on myself, even if I had the money.
  • mommylifter
    mommylifter Posts: 123
    Options
    Totally worth it. I think anything that can better how you feel about yourself is worth it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Looks like this thread is a few months old.

But, I'll answer anyway. I can only answer for myself.

If there is a medical reason (cancer) then yes, they probably are worth it.

Otherwise they are not worth it for me.

My breasts are very pretty. Breast implants would alter them and take away their natural beauty. I appreciate my breasts the way they are. I am a mother of two, they are small, but my whole body is small, and they are perky and nicely shaped, and my nipples are a pretty pink color. They work great for me. And I just buy pretty bras that fit.

My husband LOVES my breasts the way they are and my whole body and my booty and my smile and my pretty eyes. And he likes my personality, intelligence and the way I make him laugh, and the way I dance. You can find a partner that adores you like that as well. I've never had an unhappy partner in the bedroom and have had lots of admirers.

They are expensive. Money can be spent on better and more important things.

They involve invasive surgery, possible problems (even with the best surgeons), and then you have objects inside your body, and they need to be replaced every ten years. All of that is scary and unpleasant to me.

If you haven't had children and want to, then I'd say wait till after you're done breastfeeding.

None of this is to put down anyone that has them. I just don't want them.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I could buy a REALLY nice mountain bike for the price of some new boobs.
  • wikkedpink
    wikkedpink Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as a bi girl, I would much prefer a COMPLETELY flat chest than breast implants. They're so gross. I honestly don't have a size preference, and I've notice a lot of guys don't. I mean, boobs are boobs. Big, small, they're all marvelous. Besides, a lot of men prefer small breasts and the ones that are like "I ONLY LIKE GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBS" probably only want one thing from you anyway: your boobs and not what's under them (your heart.. I know, I'm so corny.) Of course, if getting implants would make you more comfortable in your body, then go for it. But do it for you, not for guys.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    so i've been thinking about getting breast implants after reaching my goal in muscle and body fat percentage. i've always been very conscious about my bra size and now as i've lost a lot of inches off my chest (from 36C to 32B) i really feel less attractive to males. i've been told to gain weight back by some guys, but if i gained it back, i'd also get the belly pooch, thunder thighs and lots of cellulite back. i want to be a 34D. unfortunately, it would cost me a lot of money, considering that after reaching my fitness goal, i'd be an A cup or even an AA. do you think it's worth the money?

Never get implants (or any plastic surgery) to make yourself "more attractive to males". Confidence is far more attractive than any implants.

You would be better off focusing on making yourself happy and improving your self esteem.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Gold star award ^.

If you get them, please keep 'em covered for you and your man. You almost want to say, "Nice breasts!" just to get rid of the elephant in the room. People with implants often lose respect for their intimate nature. It's like "I paid for these puppies, let's show them off!" They are a body part intended for privacy.

One of the most beautiful and lovely women is know is almost flat-chested. She shines like a diamond. Love her dearly. Love the message she sends her young daughter. Love that her man is totally committed to her and everything about her.

And...keep in mind that huge boobies on an old woman's body look...rather abnormal.

britney-confused.gif
  • Apogree
    Apogree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so i've been thinking about getting breast implants - i really feel less attractive to males. i've been told to gain weight back by some guys, i want to be a 34D. do you think it's worth the money?

If you are going to undergo surgery, make sure it is for yourself. And really research the surgeon because you will be forming a life long relationship with them as implants need replacing regularly.

IMO, you have a great figure and that a D cup would look really out of proportion. It would also be terribly uncomfortable. Try stuffing a bra for a day at that size and see how you go.

I have always been very busty (D - GG cup) and find them a hindrence - clothes that would look elegant on a smaller chest look completely tarty and guarantee people will be talking to my chest all night, finding clothes that fit and do not make me look matronly can be difficult, bras cost 3x more, there are really gross sweat rashes in the summer, they sag over time and they literally get in the way.

I would love to be able to go braless, wear backless and strapless clothing or wear frothy lacey bras instead of scaffolding.

I have looked into reduction surgery but it costs a lot and I don't like the look of the scars.

I second this! It's really not worth going super big. The cons far outweigh the costs. I've lived with a larger chest, through being thick and thicker. I don't lose them despite losing weight. :( I say if you are really keen on getting them (only because you want them, not because others do), then my vote goes to C cup or smaller. Just enough and not too much.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    so i've been thinking about getting breast implants - i really feel less attractive to males. i've been told to gain weight back by some guys, i want to be a 34D. do you think it's worth the money?

If you are going to undergo surgery, make sure it is for yourself. And really research the surgeon because you will be forming a life long relationship with them as implants need replacing regularly.

IMO, you have a great figure and that a D cup would look really out of proportion. It would also be terribly uncomfortable. Try stuffing a bra for a day at that size and see how you go.

I have always been very busty (D - GG cup) and find them a hindrence - clothes that would look elegant on a smaller chest look completely tarty and guarantee people will be talking to my chest all night, finding clothes that fit and do not make me look matronly can be difficult, bras cost 3x more, there are really gross sweat rashes in the summer, they sag over time and they literally get in the way.

I would love to be able to go braless, wear backless and strapless clothing or wear frothy lacey bras instead of scaffolding.

I have looked into reduction surgery but it costs a lot and I don't like the look of the scars.

I second this! It's really not worth going super big. The cons far outweigh the costs. I've lived with a larger chest, through being thick and thicker. I don't lose them despite losing weight. :( I say if you are really keen on getting them (only because you want them, not because others do), then my vote goes to C cup or smaller. Just enough and not too much.

I did that. The first time. I am now a DD and very happy. :)
  • alison590
    alison590 Posts: 61
    Options
    Just wanted to chime in and say wait till you are your perfect size. I have lost about 15 pounds since getting them and need a re-do and lift now :( I went fairly big with 400cc's. I don't regret it at all and love them just now without a bra there is quite a bit of drooping.
  • RickNeedzToGetShreaded
    RickNeedzToGetShreaded Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Implants just make you look fake, it's not even attractive. Just my opinion^
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it. I think anything that can better how you feel about yourself is worth it.

Not if it means you can't pay the taxes or afford seed, fertilizer, tractor repairs, baling twine, land leases, livestock feed......
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Not if it means you can't pay the taxes or afford seed, fertilizer, tractor repairs, baling twine, land leases, livestock feed......

Or you can't send your kids to college and you can never do anything fun again (that costs any money), and you need to move, and your kids can't take any classes and you can't take any classes. And you can't afford to ever buy clothes again. And you can't someday set up your own home gym. And basically you just have no money and are struggling to pay the debt all the time.