is getting implants worth it?

Options
so i've been thinking about getting breast implants after reaching my goal in muscle and body fat percentage. i've always been very conscious about my bra size and now as i've lost a lot of inches off my chest (from 36C to 32B) i really feel less attractive to males. i've been told to gain weight back by some guys, but if i gained it back, i'd also get the belly pooch, thunder thighs and lots of cellulite back. i want to be a 34D. unfortunately, it would cost me a lot of money, considering that after reaching my fitness goal, i'd be an A cup or even an AA. do you think it's worth the money?

Replies

• Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    If it would make you happy with your body-do it! Im only a 36B, but i feel proportional.
    if you're doing it for male attention-do not do it! find a man that wants you thin, fat, gorgeous, frumpy-and everything in between.

if YOU are unhappy with your body, change it!

I want to add-you may want to gradually increase size. jumping from a B to a D is a LOT of size. You may increase to a C and see how you feel then :)
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Breast implants is b u l lsh it!!

Dont listen to other people or anything like that, the one for you will take you as you are! See there are some guys like me that like smaller boobies and besides that are more of a *kitten* man and even besides that, love goes beyond that ;)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I think you shold do whatever makes you happy, but ensure that this isnt a substitute for some other deeper meaning.

Also, pics.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    pics of my body are on my profile...
    also, i think i'm very unproportional. my measurements are 32-24.5-37. i'm currently the same bra size as i was when i was 11
  • RotterdamNL
    Options
    I think you shold do whatever makes you happy, but ensure that this isnt a substitute for some other deeper meaning.

Also, pics.
    You almost sound sincere untill you ended with that typical man comment, disgrace for the good guys out there!:huh:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're a good idea, BUT if you want them, don't get a redonkulous size difference. I knew a girl who went from a B to a DD and she had a flat butt so she looked really disproportinate.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think you should do whatever makes you happy but don't do it if you're seeking attention from guys. If a guy doesn't like you because you have a small chest then that's not a guy that you want to be in a relationship with. I'm a 34C and I don't have implants and I personally hate my chest size. I would prefer to be smaller so I'm hoping when I lose weight, my boobs will be smaller too. As my boyfriend says, "If it's more than a hand size, then it's more trouble than it's worth".
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I think you should do whatever makes you happy but don't do it if you're seeking attention from guys. If a guy doesn't like you because you have a small chest then that's not a guy that you want to be in a relationship with. I'm a 34C and I don't have implants and I personally hate my chest size. I would prefer to be smaller so I'm hoping when I lose weight, my boobs will be smaller too. As my boyfriend says, "If it's more than a hand size, then it's more trouble than it's worth".

*raises eyebrow I hardly knew ya lol
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    BEST thing I ever did for myself...do it for YOU, not for anyone else
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I was a size 4-6, I was an A cup too. But I also ran a lot, and being able to run without a sports bra in one of those built in bra tanks = totally worth it.
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    Sure it's worth it. I'm getting them soon myself. But I would like to add that I would think hard about the size... going more than 1-2 cup sizes is going to look obvious (fake). I plan to go from a large A/small B to large B- full C at most.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    As a guy that likes bigger boobs I am saying yes. (Not that I will be a beneficiary but I still advocate it.)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Also, pics.

I totally agree with the above.

Also let me just say that I'm glad you're mature enough to understand that people here joke around about stuff. In fact, it's a great environment here in MFP where we can freely discuss our bodies and how we feel about them, and occasionally make innocent jokes with each other without anyone getting upset or taking it out of context.

You almost sound sincere untill you ended with that typical man comment, disgrace for the good guys out there!:huh:

^ except this guy lol.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of guys love small breasts - my fiance included. I've had this discussion with a lot of guy friends and a lot of them love A and B cups!

Keep in mind that if you are a 32D or 34D that T-shirts will not fit proportionally anymore - they'll be super tight or won't fit right and you may have to say goodbye to some styles.

Another thing to keep in mind that a lot of people don't talk about with implants.... they don't necessarily last. Saline or silicone can leak. Silicone feels more natural, but if it leaks in your body it can be life-threatening. It can harden and cause permanent damage. Saline may be safer but its my understanding they're not as durable.

For me, I really don't like implants. Neither does my fiance. They are obviously fake and they look disproportionate to your body. It's a lot of money to fix something that's not medically wrong with you. Why take the risk of surgery and pay all that money when you could use it to buy a car, buy a house, pay for education, go on a fabulous trip, buy a nice wardrobe...? SO many other options that will actually benefit you.

I have big boobs from gaining weight. I'm a 40DD - I used to be a 34B. I really, REALLY miss my 34B days. I hope when I reach my goal, my boobs will shrink back down.
  • nornas42
    nornas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think you should do whatever makes you happy but don't do it if you're seeking attention from guys. If a guy doesn't like you because you have a small chest then that's not a guy that you want to be in a relationship with.

THIS.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    pics of my body are on my profile...
    also, i think i'm very unproportional. my measurements are 32-24.5-37. i'm currently the same bra size as i was when i was 11

You won't always be proportional as you lose weight, trust me, been there!! While losing weight, I will become a pear even though I'm hourglass shaped. Your body will not lose weight evenly in all areas at the same time. Your body will start with a majority in one area, and minority in other areas...that's why you feel disproportionate. Who knows? You could stay the same size you are and still lose weight... 'cause honestly, if you've already lost in your boobs, your body could move on to something else!! Don't fret.

Also, I do believe men like what they like, and it's not all men that like all the same thing. Find a man who likes you for you - even before you lose the weight, and who doesn't care who big or small your boobs are. :happy: And don't find a man who says "I like you just the way you are, please don't change". THAT is not the same thing. Been there, done that!!
  • RotterdamNL
    Options

except this guy lol.
    That's ok, what do they say over there again? Juice heads will be juice heads! :bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Proportional implants can look really nice, but remember that you need to replace them every 10 years or so. That makes them very expensive over time.

Some woman develop scar tissue that hardens the breasts.. I don't know if you can determine your vulnerability to this prior to the operation.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think getting implants says anything bad about the people who get them. But overall, to me, they aren't worth it unless there is some kind of medical problem causing an obvious deformity or something comparable. It doesn't matter if it's worth it to me though; it matters if it is worth it to you. You'll find a male companion without the surgery. Whether or not you will be happy with yourself is different. I personally don't like how breast size is such a big deal (no pun intended) in our society that women feel compelled to surgically enhance normal sized breasts.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options

except this guy lol.
    That's ok, what do they say over there again? Juice heads will be juice heads! :bigsmile:

Oh no you didn't!