is getting implants worth it?

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Not if you're only doing it for male attention, no.

i'm not really sure what other reasons people would get breast implants other than to impress other people including men. if they were the only person in the world, they wouldn't do it therefore doing it "for yourself" just doesn't seem like a real reason.
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been bigger in comparison to the rest of my body so it's something I've never considered but if I was in your position and it would help my confidence then I definitely would.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What kind of men are you trying to attract?

I've had large breasts my whole life, regardless of weight, and I can't tell you how much of a pain in the *kitten* large breasts can be.
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    As someone with 34DD boobs, I say no. They hurt, they pull, they're in the way, most dresses dont fit me up there, and when I wear my work uniform, it looks really... how can I say this nicely... Out there.....

I dont like them, but I guess its up to you
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    The guys that want you to gain weight back to have bigger boobs are not worth having. I am small breasted but I am happy the way I am; I would look stupid with big boobs...I would not be proportioned correctly. My husband loves me the way I am. If you are looking for a guy that likes you for big boobs...he's shallow and again...not worth it.

My sister, however, decided she was NOT happy with her boobs and got implants to a 36C and she's now happy; however she won't weight train because she's worried about popping a boob, she won't run fast, b/c she's worried about popping a boob....she won't do a lot of stuff b/c she might pop a boob. AND she got the under the rib muscle boob job....NOT WORTH IT! I would hate to have to always be concerned I might pop a boob.

Edited for a spelling error
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    You almost sound sincere untill you ended with that typical man comment, disgrace for the good guys out there!:huh:

except this guy lol.
    That's ok, what do they say over there again? Juice heads will be juice heads! :bigsmile:

dubstep?? seriously? boo.
  • JamesChargerWolf
    JamesChargerWolf Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ditto all the "do what's right for you" comments.

But also, a dear friend of mine got implants and she feels great about them. (She thin and went from an A to a full B.) BUT they feel weird - not that I grab them! But when she hugs me, they feel... not "hard" exactly, but nothing like real flesh. So, there are pros and cons.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    As someone with 34DD boobs, I say no. They hurt, they pull, they're in the way, most dresses dont fit me up there, and when I wear my work uniform, it looks really... how can I say this nicely... Out there.....

I dont like them, but I guess its up to you

Exactly. I am not that well endowed, but I know people who are, and it's no picnic.

I would first recommend reading up on how to dress for your body type. There are great garments that one cannot (or really should not) wear with a large chest; in fact, quite a lot of looks that are fashionable right now do not look good on big-breasted women. The books by Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine (behind the UK version of What Not To Wear) cover this well.

Flat chests also age better. They don't sag as much.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you you can turn small boobs into big ones for a day if you want to ("chicken fillets" in bra), but the reverse is not true. Before making a decision like that, try faux boobs first; it might be enough for you.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I think it's something to think long and hard about. You're clearly not all in if you are asking other people what they think - you have reservations and if you do, wait until you don't. You may get to goal weight and feel great about your body and decide against it. I understand it though. I have a super flat booty and it makes me crazy self consious - I would pay for implants. I also worry about my boobs being rotten when I lose the weight. I wouldn't get implants but I'd get a lift. We all have things we want to change but like I said - it's something to think loooong and hard about. I also am with anyone who says not to do it if its for someone else - it should be 100% for you!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No. You're 18. That's a bit early in life to be getting plastic surgery.

The kind of men that you will be looking for when you are older will not be the same men you're looking to impress right now.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    At 18 years old your body is just lovely. Please don't do anything to it.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is a decision you have to make on your own, regardless of what anyone says. Don't do it for attention from guys because the kind of attention you'll get will only be from pigs. Don't let that be the first thing they notice. You are already beautiful. I don't know why we all can't be happy with what we have. The smaller boob girls seem to want them bigger, and the bigger boob girl wish they were smaller. Try to embrace the way your body looks and be happy ..cause you're hot ! :wink:
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have big boobs. Soooooooooooo overrated.

Right???

Seriously though, only do it if YOU want bigger boobs and YOU are okay with the cost and having foreign bodies in your own body. Dudes might find me more attractive if my nose was smaller, but I'm cool with my nose so it's staying as is. Guys might find me more attractive if I lose weight, but that's not why I'm doing it. I'm unhappy with my body and that's why I'm changing it. Good luck!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I personally think it's better to just appreciate what you have.
    Confidence is what I find attractive in any person, be it male or female.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Oh, I totally missed that you're 18. Some may disagree, but please wait several years before making this decision. Like 23 or 25. You're about to embark on some amazing years in your life and you may find that the person you are in 5 years loves her breasts just the way they are. I guess this is true for ANY age, but at 30 I can say that between 18 and 25 you change more than you can imagine.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Not worth it IMO. I find the smaller breasted, athletic look more desirable anyway. Whatever your body type, confidence is sexy. Be comfortable with yourself and you'll be sexy to the rest of us.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Yes I think its worth it!!

Plus did you know they now have a procedure where they can transfer your body fat to your boobs?! True story.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Its really up to you. I have huge fake boobs and I love them. LOVE. after 2 kids I wasn't happy with how they looked so I had them done. I had another child after having them done and had no problems breastfeeding. I'm a 36F and I can swim, I can run, and do pretty much anything other girls do. I've had them for 6 years and have yet to have any regrets nor have I received complaints about having fake boobs from the opposite sex. Mine are under the muscle and I'm glad I went that route.

Its something you need to research before you decide either way.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing at all against plastic surgery, in fact I had a tummy tuck a few years ago. They asked if I wanted to augment "the girls" at the same time and I said no. I thought they looked pretty good for a woman my age, and I didn't feel the need to try to look any younger than I am. That being said, at your age (your profile says 18) you might want to wait a little while before you make that decision. It's an expensive procedure and it's all out of pocket (no insurance coverage) and it's sort of like a tattoo... be sure it's something you REALLY want because you'll have it for a LONG time! If you do choose to do it, I agree with a lot of the people here... don't go too big. You said you were a C cup before you lost weight. That's ample. I wouldn't go any bigger than that.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is going to sound rude. But I don't really mind. I can't believe more people haven't jumped on this wagon.

You're only 18?! Dude, someone please back me up on this--you shouldn't be making decisions about things like that when you're 18. For multiple reasons. 1) it's dang expensive. 2) you haven't had kids. Do you plan on having kids? Implants can affect things like that. 3) breast size changes up through your early to mid-20s. Give it a few more years and see what happens to your body.