That's it it's over

I ate 2 cookies and a milky way and haven't exercised in 2 days and I weighed myself today and I still weigh the same as yesterday. I'm done with this whole weight loss "thing".

Replies

• ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    You wanna hear a secret? Well, it won't be a secret anymore... But I don't exercise at all. I don't work at eating healthier either. I plug into the system that I want to lose a pound a week and it gives me a number of calories that I must live by. And I work really hard to stick to that number. And I lose weight!

Of course, I've found that eating one cookie is 110 calories. So would I rather eat four cookies for dinner or have a turkey sandwich with raw fries? And I go with the meal because I get more for the calories. And it's more filling! So even though I don't "eat healthier," I still have to make wise choices because I don't want to just eat 12 cookies a day and nothing else. :wink:

Also, I've found that my weight fluctuates throughout the day. I weight myself in the morning. 138. In the afternoon. 140. Later in the afternoon. 142. Evening. 140. Before bed. 139. So I simply weigh myself once a week in the morning before I eat or do anything.

Good luck! Hope things work out for you!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    You wanna hear a secret? Well, it won't be a secret anymore... But I don't exercise at all. I don't work at eating healthier either. I plug into the system that I want to lose a pound a week and it gives me a number of calories that I must live by. And I work really hard to stick to that number. And I lose weight!

Of course, I've found that eating one cookie is 110 calories. So would I rather eat four cookies for dinner or have a turkey sandwich with raw fries? And I go with the meal because I get more for the calories. And it's more filling! So even though I don't "eat healthier," I still have to make wise choices because I don't want to just eat 12 cookies a day and nothing else. :wink:

Also, I've found that my weight fluctuates throughout the day. I weight myself in the morning. 138. In the afternoon. 140. Later in the afternoon. 142. Evening. 140. Before bed. 139. So I simply weigh myself once a week in the morning before I eat or do anything.

Good luck! Hope things work out for you!

but if I ate the cookies then I will gain all of my weight back, and I just can't handle that this far on my journey
  • emilypink573
    emilypink573 Posts: 133 Member
    lol
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    You burned most of the calories while chewing and the remainder when you posted this topic. You are now okay and back on track. Welcome back, we missed you.:wink:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Oh no, you are going into starvation mode! That is NOT enough calories!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Thanks OP. Now I just want a Milky Way.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    You better eat some negative calorie foods, just to be on the safe side.
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    One or two cookies...and even those 12 cookies I was talking about might have an affect on your weight gain, but we all learn from our mistakes, right? I think that's the only way I've ever really learned a lesson.

When I first started with MFP, I ate a big, juicy whopper with extra pickles and onions. And I had a small fry. And soda. Whoppers make up my biggest weakness when it comes to food. If I had to choose between cookies, cakes, or whoppers...well, that 600+ burger wins! But I don't give myself a hard time for eating it. I realized a while back that I criticized myself way too much! Think about it... Instead of spending all that energy into criticizing myself, I could be spending that energy running a marathon! And can you imagine how different I would be if I could do that? So I only allot myself 5 minutes a day to vent and be negative. That's it. Five minutes.

And then I allow myself those 600+ calories for the day, and I work on spreading the rest of my calories throughout the day so I don't go hungry. I would share my food diary with you...but it's a little embarrassing. You know when I said I don't really eat healthy? Well, I really don't! My mom cooked up some homemade sweet pork, which I love, love, LOVE! But it's super fatty. Gosh, I think I went over my calories by 1000 that day! So I look at it, realize I went over by a lot, tell myself I can't let it happen again, and then I move on.

Even if all the weight did come back, you can always try again. You can't fail if you're trying. :wink:
  • RedHeadDevotchka

Alright, do you have a comprehensive list?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Dang I thought this thread was serious until I read "journey" :laugh:
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Drink some magic detox water and you'll be fine. Dr. Oz said so!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I ate 2 cookies and a milky way and haven't exercised in 2 days and I weighed myself today and I still weigh the same as yesterday. I'm done with this whole weight loss "thing".

Apparently if you drink a liter of water really really fast in the morning it will "cleanse" you of all those nasty things you put into your body.

No need to worry.

Just drink water- extremely fast.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member

Alright, do you have a comprehensive list?
    Fruits

apple
    cranberries
    grapefruit
    lemon
    mango
    orange
    pineapple
    raspberries
    strawberries
    tangerine

Vegetables

asparagus
    beet
    broccoli
    cabbage (green)
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    Chile peppers (hot)
    cucumber
    dandelion
    endive
    garden cress
    garlic
    green beans
    lettuce
    onion
    papaya
    radishes
    spinach
    turnip

Got this list from a completely legit blog post.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    Dang I thought this thread was serious until I read "journey" :laugh:

I'm not joking though, I actually just weighed myself and the scale said I gained 2 pounds! Look, I need encouragement and not some one to laugh at me.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Giving the new years joinings a free pass. This time!
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    I'd go to Dr. Oz's website asap. I'm sure something on there could help you!

/s
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Can I haz cookie?
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member

All I saw was jQuery%2BCookies.jpg
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    I'm inclined to say this post is bogus! LOL!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

All I saw was jQuery%2BCookies.jpg

nom nom nom
This discussion has been closed.