Any 40 somethings out there?

Options
I'm 43 and looking for inspiration, accountability and friendship! Both my husband and I have gained 20 lbs since we met in 2009. I guess it's true that when you're happy you get lazy and gain weight :-) We're on our fitness journey together and hoping to lose 10 lbs together before our trip to Mexico at the end of February, with the ultimate goal of 20 lbs being met by July.

This is my first week and I'm looking for friends that might be willing to share recipes, workout plans, and support and I would, of course, do the same. I have a great deal of trouble in the work out motivation department and could use all the help I can get!

Replies

• jennifersrosenberg
    Options
    I'm here! Looking to lose 50 lbs, lost 12 already, trying for more!
  • cjkasseckert
    cjkasseckert Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey there... 41 here.... I been down this road before.... lost a good bit of weight on MFP and then gained it all back after my marriage and my kids came around. Looking to loose it all back again...

Let me say that the friends and community help immensely to keep on track and focused. Feel free to add me if you wish.

Also, I agree that it is very hard to keep motivated.... esp in winter. It seems that that kids always have something going on which makes it hard to get to the gym and being winter I cant really walk outside during my lunch as I often did during the summer. But I am finding little ways to keep at it.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You can add me I will be 49 in March, experience in lifting , cardio, eating clean..
  • DalisJones
    Options
    Hi! I am 42, just looking for help also, I been doing zumba since august, lost around 10 pounds or so, but I have lost a lot of inches so, Im looking to loose more weight and be more healthy :)
    Please feel free to add me to your list
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me...44 here. Diary is always open, so have a look.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more weight to lose than you but I am your exact age. Good luck a vacation is a great motivator and I know you can do it! Just go on that vacay with a plan so you can come back looking as hot as when you left! No sense having to start the diet over once summer is on it's way right?

My suggestion....start eating at mexican places now so you can get experience with what calories are in everything you might encounter over there. Arrive with some plan sticking to goals then some planned "cheats" that you allow yourself on the whim whenever the adventure takes you on a spontaneous urge with something too yummy or interesting or exotic to ignore. That way you will feel they are part of your plan still get to do exploratory travel eating, but come back as fit as when you left.

Only suggesting this because I've heard so many people complaining when they return from vacation about regained weight and it seems kind of unnecessary if you plan ahead.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    8 months and i'll be in my 40's !! my aim to be at my goal by then and stick to it!! here to help, add me as a friend if youd like some support.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    No, your the last one on the planet!:laugh:
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Im 47 and just started back on my plan a little over a week ago. I started with a total of 27 to lose. We also have a vacation planned in June so im really working toward those lbs gone by then. I can do it and you can too
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both 42 getting ready to turn 43. We both are on MFP and doing this journey together. We are 6 months in on our lifestyle change I have lost 62 and she has lost 55 so far. We both have open dairies.
  • dehere98
    Options
    Hi!
    Over 40 and my goal is to lose 10lbs.
    I hit a training plateau after a sports injury a few years ago and gained almost 15lbs It's been very difficult to lose weight over 40 and I think I just gave up trying.
    January 2nd I did the Young Living 5 day nutritive cleanse. The cleanse was a spring board into a better eating regime.
    I've dramatically reduced carb intake, no white flour, white rice, white potato, or processed foods. And sweets, although I'm going to make some macrobiotic muffins that contain to wheat/white flour. Portion sized have been reduced by half and if I still feel hungry, I eat an apple.
    I found out about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd from this website and started that 3 days ago. 30 straight days of exercise. Google for results. Pretty amazing!
  • AngB83
    AngB83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 40 year old looking to lose about 20lbs too. :) I just joined about a week ago and already lost three. The calorie counting has really helped me make better choices instead of guessing. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 41. I didn't gain weight in the marriage till about the 15th year. I gained about 20 pounds and am down 15 of them. I like this weight though and might just stay here. I want to take some to focus on body composition before I decide if I want to lose more.

Feel free to add me!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Does 49 count?
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    44 here ...feel free to add!
  • yopie1965
    yopie1965 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm 47, mom of 3, step mom of 2. 2nd marriage and did the same thing as you, very happy and the weight piled on. Been here since Nov 2011, lost 40lbs, started Curves at the same time I came here. Now doing Curves and Curves Complete...looking to lose another 40-50lbs.
    Feel free to add me.......

:)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Im 47 and I have been here for a year and half. I think if you stick with the program you will lose the 20 lbs in no time. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Am 45 and have lost 36 using MFP. Love the site!! Add me if you like!
  • rachelle8326
    rachelle8326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm here! 44 years old, and will be 45 next month! So ready to lose 38 pounds!:drinker:
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    47 this month and preparing for the 5km run. Looking for friends with similar goals.