Any 40 somethings out there?

Options

Replies

• jam2drew
    Options
    I'm 45 and just joined. I was a member of another weight loss group for 4 1/2 yrs. Lost some weight but still ultimately in the same place. Looking to finally lose this weight.
  • Iacono66
    Options
    Hi - 46 and have a goal for 15 lbs. weight loss. Gained 25 since my first son was born 20 years ago. Of course, I was only 120 lbs after I had him.! Oh, to be young again! Only 10 lbs. left. Second goal is to keep it off!
  • lisaneirinkcook
    Options
    43 Looking to lose 20 lbs. for my daughter's wedding, and to get back to my skinny wardrobe. I had lost 35 lbs. through Weight Watchers about 6 years ago. I have gained most back due to slacking on my calorie counting and going back to old habits. Add me.
  • susan_skipper
    Options
    Hi, I am 58. I was rather overweight in High School. I didnt so much as go on a "diet" but changed my eathing habits for life. I lost over 50 lbs and pretty much have stayed that weight up until I turned 50. Granted I gained weight when I was pregnant with my 3 children, but I lost the weight gain within a year of giving birth each time. Then when I hit 50, menopause struck and my weight started going up. I am on thyroid medication but that hasnt seemed to help. The doctor says that menopause just slows everything down and its hard to loose weight. I found this site last week and started tracking everything that goes into my mouth. I was amazed at how many calories I was consuming without even realizing it. So now that I am tracking everything I have cut back on calorie intake. I also have a black lab now and take him for walks which is helping. So far, I have lost 2lbs in one week. I know at my age the weight loss will be a lot slower than someone who is younger, so I am not going to let that stop me from sticking to this. My goal is to loose 20lbs this year. Any advice from anyone else who has gone through menopause and is finding it hard to loose weight would be greatly appreciated.
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 42 looking to lose 22 pounds. It will be day 7 on MFP tomorrow. I am looking for a healthy way to lose weight and am committed to making a lifestyle change. Please add me as a friend if you like.
  • Bike2BFit
    Bike2BFit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    46 here and love to road bike when the weather is worthy, but spinning in the gym is my 2nd passion when I can't get outdoors. I'm a nurse, have a son 21 and daughter 19. Married too, for 23 whole years! My fav thing to consume in the mornings are high protein and fruit shakes made in my vitamix blender. Add me as a friend too, we can keep each other motivated. :flowerforyou:
  • RaeFrahm
    Options
    I just joined as well and have 45 pounds to lose. I have tried weight watchers and believe that is a pretty good program. I lost 20 on that. Am now eating better and adding exercise to my routine. Wish me well!!
  • maltermatt
    maltermatt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 on September 11th of last year. I'm back with a vengence on MFP and have lost 5 pounds since my return on December 28th. If anyone would like to add me, that would be fantastic! Also, does anyone else find it harder to loose weight in your 40's???

I can't yell YES loud enough! Combine that with a career change that has me working from a home office and online alot and it's a recipe for rapid weight gain. MFP has been great so far with all of the tools, motivational people, etc. Thanks!
  • step132
    Options
    I'm 43 and looking to lose about 40 pounds. I have always struggled with my weight, and over the years, more and more has crept on. Just getting started on this journey and would love some buddies to cheer on (and to cheer me on, as well!).
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I am 45 feel free to add me, I also have an open diary.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Plenty of us and we are tearing ish up!
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 39...that has to count right? I mean I'm too old for the 30's groups lol. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 42, feel free to add me. I have been on MFP since June 2012 and have managed to lose 40 lbs.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    47 soon to be 48 in a couple weeks! add me if you like! make sure you leave a message so I know where you 'saw' me from! lol!!! My profile is open. :)
  • I am new to the site so looking friends and inspiration as well. I am a lovely 45 (sigh), where does the time go! .... still having fun and enjoying life. The weight sure creeps up though and now I am on my way to continue the journey ... :):smile:
  • maltermatt
    maltermatt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well and have 45 pounds to lose. I have tried weight watchers and believe that is a pretty good program. I lost 20 on that. Am now eating better and adding exercise to my routine. Wish me well!!

Sending well wishes!
  • jensnewstart
    jensnewstart Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Just turned 44, on here daily and a long way to go!

Feel free to add me!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    46 here...feel free to add.
  • pikachuFL
    pikachuFL Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 42. Don't know how that happened. It just crept up on me. I don't feel a day over 24. Actually, my knees do. They must have been transplanted from some old person one night while I was sleeping.
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 49 though, you may have to boot me in 8 months! Would love to lose 10lbs but basically into healthy eating and fitness.