what do you do with your whey protein powder?

Options

Replies

• Hollisss
    Hollisss Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use tap water, the hard stuff.

I also throw in a little bit of ice. Pretty underwhelming but it works for me......

Same here, I prefer mine with icy water.
  • timlover38
    timlover38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just mix it with water and drink it. If I wanted it to be delicious, I would have drank something else...like chocolate milk

Chocolate Peanut Butter Body Fortress sold at Walmart isn't bad at all.

Normally I eat my breakfast first....be it oatmeal days or eggs and turkey bacon mornings...let that sit for about 10-15 minutes

then I down my morning protein shake.....helps to top off that final bit and finally trigger your stomach full signals better than if you mixed it directly with your food.

If you want to find something that you can blend with berries and make smoothies and things like that...go for a higher quality tasting Ready To Drink whey like Muscle Milk. Powdered stuff sucks period no matter what you mix it with...

I usually use Vanilla Muscle Milk RTD blended with berries for smoothies or I pour that smoothie mix into my ice cream maker and make ice cream from it...

Protein count wise, its really pointless to mix powdered stuff with milk. All you are doing is adding extra calories...you're already getting a max amount of processable protein if you do a normal 2 scoop that is about 56 grams on average..
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    2% milk to squeeze in some extra protein and fat.
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    I tried it for the first time this morning. Mixed it with Silk Almond Milk Vanilla Cream..It was the Bomb.Com, tasted like melted ice cream..mmmm! Plus together they were only 180 Cals per serving.
  • stayccv27
    Options
    Peanut butter oatmeal whey shake

1 scoop chocolate whey powder
    2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
    1/4 cup dry oatmeal
    1/2 2% milk
    1/2 cup water
    Ice to your preferance

Mix in blender and enjoy! One serving is about 325 calories so I use it as a breakfast shake usually.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Well i could make a hat, or a brooch, or even a...

broche.jpg
    LMAO! a teradactyl...
  • paperhawk
    paperhawk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Frozen Fruit or freeze a cut up banana the night before, I dump cold leftover coffee in mine, or use Almond Milk or Coconut milk.

Just click on my food diary. Helps to use two scoops and thicken and flavor with frozen fruit. My opinion.

Jon Hanson
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with coffee, milk and cinnamon for breakfast. I have it with water and ice after a workout.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Smoothies!
  • zoemakayla
    zoemakayla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The best thing I do with my whey protein powder is actually put in a banana and peanut butter, or just the whey protein and peanut butter with some chocolate almond milk and blend it all together. It's so delicious!
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well i could make a hat, or a brooch, or even a...

broche.jpg

^^^^ THIS ALL DAY
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    mix it with coconut milk
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I use Jay Robb chocolate and it makes a very thin drink. I add to 12 ounces of coffee with 2 ounces of skim milk. Just make sure the coffee isn't too hot. I also throw in some vanilla or almond extract. It's GOOD!

I've also done a frozen smoothie with half water. half milk and a cup of frozen blueberries.. Divine really.. chocolate and blueberry is DELISH!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I mix it with milk and use it in my coffee usually. I also use it to sweeten my greek yogurt.

This.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Usually take ice cube trays and fill with 1% chocolate milk and freeze and then post workout I dump 1 tray (2 cups) in the Vitamix with 2 heaping scoops of ON double chocolate protein powder and 2 tablespoons of Jiff All Natural Peanut butter, add about a 1/2 cup of 1% choc milk to help it along and mix til blended. Best milkshake I have made yet.... Best of Luck...
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    crushed ice and water.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 cup water with some good squirts of Hershey's Lite, and a scoop of Body Fortress Chocolate Whey Protein (From WALMART, baby) in the blender...add 1/2 cup of Dreyer's coffee ice cream, blend...then 1/2 cup of ice, blend, and Drink.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,798 Member
    Options
    I put 1c almond milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, and 1/2 a banana in the blender and make a smoothie
  • rayray61
    rayray61 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't use water, 2% lowfat, I do like it in my oatmeal, try smoothie, I like that as well, good luck.
  • denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I find it totally depends on the protein. I have found a delicious one that I actually prefer just with water.