what do you do with your whey protein powder?

Options

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with Silk like and sometimes add Ghirardelli mocha cocoa mix ... sometimes PB2 ! Throw in a little ice Blend and Voila...taste like something decadent from Starbucks!!
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I love it in smoothies, but it is also great in oatmeal. My favorite is plain oats (bob's red mill multi-grain), a scoop of chocolate protein powder and then 1 TBSP of peanut butter or 2 TBSP of PB2 - mix it together and it is like a very filling peanut butter cup for breakfast!
  • nmtGurl
    nmtGurl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A gazillion ideas....protein flan, protein fluff, protein cake, protein fudge......

http://www.proteinpow.com/
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Throw it the vitamix with whole milk, cottage cheese, pb2, and a frozen banana usually.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Well i could make a hat, or a brooch, or even a...

broche.jpg

Oh. My. Gosh. YESSSSSS. +1111111111111111 I love that movie!!!

OP:

- I mix in Greek yogurt and top with strawberries
    - Mix in the blender with a banana, scoop of PB, 1/4 c greek yogurt, and 1 C soy milk for a smoothie/milkshake thing
    - Use it in baking protein bars (look up Jamie Eason's protein bars, those are yum!)
    - Mix with a little water and cocoa powder + stevia for a mocha syrup for lattes
  • DBubba65
    DBubba65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Skim or 2% Milk and some ice in a blender. I cant do water with chocolate its just not smooth enough for me plus milk has 6-8 gms of protein to boot
  • kaytbaggs
    kaytbaggs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get the chocolate peanut butter whey protein from walmart and I have one of those one portion blenders. i do the powder with carb advantage choc. protein shale and ice and its like a chocolate milk shake. or soy / almond milk, ice and oats and its like ice cream if you hit the ice right, or just the ice, a milk and powder for a great shake, but never do it with just water, ewwww, i can't stomach it! good luck, and happy receiping!
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just using it with water when i first started actually made me gag. When I first started I had to mix it with milk.... 3 months down the line though, for whatever reason, I can use tap water fine. Protein powder just doesnt taste that nice, I dont see the point in over complicating it to disguise the taste with an amazing smoothie. Plus to be honest, quite a lot of time smoothie ingredients are a detriment to the efficiency or sometimes the entire point of the whey protein.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Water, milk, ice-cream, porridge (oats), frozen fruit (berries), mix with peanut butter and then blend, bake in pancake or cake form...
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well i could make a hat, or a brooch, or even a...
    Shirley you can't be serious!

As for the OP, ditto what most people have said. I have chocolate and vanilla and add either one to my oatmeal, greek yogurt, smoothies, chocolate protein bars, pumpkin protein muffins, pancakes ...
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I like to make protein pudding with mine in addition to the other items people have mentioned like protein bars, pancakes, etc....
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I use BIOCHEM 100% natural whey isolate protien. I mix mine with my Vegan Strawberry Shakeology and with Almond Milk 30 min after my workout! SUper yummy!!!
  • mdh185
    mdh185 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    A handful of frozen berries, skim milk and yogurt. Blend it in a bullet and it is a full breakfast of a post workout supplement.
  • BottledFizzyWater
    Options
    I mix chocolate protein powder with unsweetened almond-coconut milk. It tastes like an Almond Joy candy bar! Low cal, low carb, satisfying and delicious!
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothy for breakfast every morning.
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk (40 calories)
    1 cup berries (strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1 Tbsp chia seeds
    1 TBSP flax seeds

I am full until lunch time with this.

I also make a pumpkin smoothy:
    same as above except substitute pumpkin for the berries.
    add 1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning and
    1 tsp of cinnamon.

that sounds really good!
  • rachie590
    rachie590 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't forget greens everyone! It's the easiest way to get a serving of kale or spinach for the day! I started with baby spinach and now I use kale from my garden. I just fill the blender with it add water, vanilla protein powder, frozen banana, frozen blueberries!

DELISH!!

If you use Kale you will taste it but if you use organic baby spinach I promise you won't even know it's in there.

Also, google protein pancakes! They are delicious and you can make them w/protein powder, cottage cheese, oats....a whole variety of ingredients!
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    vanilla flavored whey, i mix it with coconut milk and strawberries.. yummmmm
  • Yooperm35
    Options

If you use Kale you will taste it but if you use organic baby spinach I promise you won't even know it's in there.

I bought Kale and it sat in my fridge in the bag for 2-3 days. I opened it up (never had Kale before) and it smelled like broccoli when you cook broccoli - is it supposed to smell like that?
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is a bit versatile. You can add frozen berries, peanut butter or PB2, mint extract, and I'll even mix mine with OJ instead of milk for a chocolate orange flavor. I've used 2% milk, unsweetened almond milk, dark chocolate almond milk (yummo double chocolate) and OJ. Since I use it in a breakfast smoothie I don't mix it with water because I need the extra calories and proteins to keep me going. You can also add chia or ground flax seeds to add a bit more protein and fiber.
  • Yooperm35
    Options
    I like the vanilla with some skim milk (almond allergy) vanilla yogurt, flax seeds, strawberries or raspberries and ice. It's so good