Cubicle dwellers; Who does this?

Options
sedwards9999
sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
If for some reason the icons along the bottom of my screen get out of order, I must close all applications and restart them so they are in the correct order.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    You need therapy dude.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I absolutely do this, in this order:

Outlook
    Excel
    Word
    Adobe
    IE
    Chrome
    followed by some internal applications.

If one closes, they all gotta close.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Include me in this phenomenon. For me its Outlook, Explorer, Excel, Remote Desktop, and then Chrome.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I have a Mac at work, so all the icons stay in the same position regardless if they are already in the appropriate position in my dock. There are also dock programs for the PC which will mimic this behavior. At home I have PCs and I don't care much which order anything is in.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    It is good to know that I am not the only crazy one who needs an order like that. Totally agree!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was OCD, but I'm not that bad! LOL.

Can't you just drag them back in order? That's what I do if I want to move them.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I assumed you meant the task bar?
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Also, why Chrome and IE? Don't they do the same thing?
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I assumed you meant the task bar?

Yes. Task bar.
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Don't know about the other person, but on my personal computer I have IE, Firefox and Chrome. I usually use Firefox, but some websites are just easier to use in Chrome (at least I've found), and then some databases I had to use for school wouldn't run in Firefox or Chrome so I had to keep IE to use those. It's kinda annoying to have 3 on the go, but it does serve a purpose.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Can't you drag them into a different position? I can... but I have superpowers, so... there's that.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You should be able to drag the icons around to put them in the correct order.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I put my icons on the side instead of the bottom.....
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    <
    guilty as charged. LOL.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~backs out deciding I'm not going to ask that question of my very OCD coworker~
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Don't know about the other person, but on my personal computer I have IE, Firefox and Chrome. I usually use Firefox, but some websites are just easier to use in Chrome (at least I've found), and then some databases I had to use for school wouldn't run in Firefox or Chrome so I had to keep IE to use those. It's kinda annoying to have 3 on the go, but it does serve a purpose.
    Sometimes MFP will be showing down for maintenance in one browser but work just fine in another one.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    You should be able to drag the icons around to put them in the correct order.

Kortney also has superpowers...
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Im so glad I dont OCD of this nature - I also work on a MAC so the icons all dock and stay in the same place....
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You can also write a BAT file that will launch the applications in the right order and put it in the Startup folder. If they get out of order again, just close everything and run the BAT file instead of clicking on each application again.

I realize I'm feeding the OCD monster but I think it might save you a few clicks.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Most of my work is on SSH and AS/400. Not a lot of icon problems there...