Cubicle dwellers; Who does this?

Options

Replies

• SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    This hasn't happened to me, but if it did, I would absolutely follow your lead. Now saying that, I have to admit I do have some OCD tendencies and a need of organization.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Yes! I always have Outlook then 2 windows explorer drives (1st is the shared folder, 2nd is my personal one). I workd 6 daily reports and all of those are opened next and in a certain order as well. If someone IMs me while I'm opening everything, I will respond and then close the chat just so it doesn't mess up the order. And if my Outlook crashed or I accidently close it, I will close everything to put it back at the beginning.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Also, why Chrome and IE? Don't they do the same thing?

Oh, goodness, no. Even at home I use multiple browsers, but at work it's a MUST as a web developer. I have ALL browsers open almost all the time, plus a virtual machine so I can run Windows, as well, with all the browsers open on that. It's like browser Inception. Hah!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ81uj4MUKnPLTTPBBMUkeve5gVcmWfU78yuA9-2w_SRteFRprOyQ
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I keep my screen bare. My task bar is hidden. I use Launchy to launch files & aps.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I don't reorder! I am thrilled with any change to my work environment. Bring on chaos in my task bar!

In fact, I pray everyday that something will be different at work - anything - I don't care, just something to make one day different from the next in some small way.

Confession: I sometimes go to other people's meetings in order to make my day interesting.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    GUILTY

Outlook, Excel, Explorer-Music, Explorer-MFP, Explorer-Safe Intranet page
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm with you OP! The last time the upgraded Windows on us, it messed with me a little because there are pre-set icons already on the task bar for Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and Windows Explorer. Once I got used to that, I still had to make sure the other programs were opened in the right order. Lotus Notes (booooo), our internal programs then the calculator.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I have a Mac at work, so all the icons stay in the same position regardless if they are already in the appropriate position in my dock.

^this
  • HJMAYES
    HJMAYES Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do this. Outlook, label printer, my fitness pal (open all day - :laugh: ) and other internal programs.
    If i leave my desk, all close down. have to reopen in that order.

Creepy that us cubicle dwellers do this?
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I can grab mine and move them where I want them. They have to be in a particular order but if one closes, I just open it up and put it back where it belongs in the sequence.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ME! I am also obsessive about my email, I cant have any unread emails in any of my inboxes.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do this. Outlook, Firefox, IE, and then any other document I need open.
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was OCD, but I'm not that bad! LOL.

Can't you just drag them back in order? That's what I do if I want to move them.

^^^ exactly what I was just about to say... :huh:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was OCD, but I'm not that bad! LOL.

Can't you just drag them back in order? That's what I do if I want to move them.

^^^ exactly what I was just about to say... :huh:
    Not talking about on the desktop, and if you're on a PC and it's not Windows 7 or newer, you can't drag them in the task bar.
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just write a batch file that will start your all applications in a certain order. Then place that in your startup folder. Login into your PC and Bam. they all load and in the order you want them in.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I put my icons on the side instead of the bottom.....

Same here...not only do they need to be in the correct order, but I hate it when they stack up so I moved my task bar vertical and problem solved :drinker:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Just write a batch file that will start your all applications in a certain order. Then place that in your startup folder. Login into your PC and Bam. they all load and in the order you want them in.
    Someone mentioned this earlier. I'm not sure how to do that, though I like the idea. Not sure if I'll try and figure it out or just be lazy (and keep up my obsession with ordering them) and wait for my iSpace migration (Windows 7).
  • dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can write you an example script and send it to ya in pm
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I can write you an example script and send it to ya in pm
    You just got me seriously excited. Hahaha Please???