"It Works!" ???

Options
124»

Replies

• Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tried it several years ago. Waste of money. Just stick to exercisiing and eating the right foods.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I use hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:

LMFAO....
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I don't always do body wraps but when I do, I use hefty bags and duct tape! :drinker:

Is this for your body or for other bodies? I am just getting a mob hit scene flashing through my mind...:drinker:
  • wmoomoo
    wmoomoo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.

You DO need to drink TONS of water after a body wrap, the wraps pull toxins out and you need the water to flush them out, IF you dont drink water afterwards you will get sick because you need to flush the toxins out.

How do the wraps pull them out? Where do they pull them to? What toxins?

The wraps have tiny hands on them to pull the toxins out through the pores
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Im an esthetician and the reason why these wraps work is because they take all the water out of your body. Yes they do help flush toxins because after you are done you need to drink TONS of water or you will get sick. Basically you dont want to do them more then once a week or you will do more harm to your body. As for cellulite if you take used coffee grounds and smear them on your legs, wrap them up in plastic wrap for half hour a day it will reduce the appearance of cellulite due to the caffeine.

You don't need to drink lots of water because it flushes toxins out (what, lack of toxins will make you sick ? wtf ?). You need to drink lots of water because as you said, they dehydrate you.

You DO need to drink TONS of water after a body wrap, the wraps pull toxins out and you need the water to flush them out, IF you dont drink water afterwards you will get sick because you need to flush the toxins out.

How do the wraps pull them out? Where do they pull them to? What toxins?
    Isn't it funny/strange how none of these people ever have a response to these questions. Just "teh toxinzzz!" doesn't do it for me.

I'm also very curious as to exactly what toxins are removed from the body by a cleanse, wrap, detox or whatever other new age snake oil malarkey they're selling/touting/promoting - and exactly how 'teh toxinzzz' are removed from the body, and how it's more efficient/effective than normal metabolic processes. Perhaps one of these purveyors of wizardry could explain these things to us in scientific terms?

[ETA]: Oh, and count me out on the Sidesteel thing. He's in good shape and gives solid advice and all, but that's just not how I roll. :bigsmile:

Yeah, he's not my type either. :laugh:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Is this for your body or for other bodies? I am just getting a mob hit scene flashing through my mind...:drinker:

Well, I never thought of it for others but that certainly opens up a world of possibilities, doesn't it?
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My bestie is a rep for It Works and it actually does. It takes the toxins out from the area and helps firm up. You can lose up to 3inches. You have to wrap and drink lots of water to flush it out. Ive seen the results. I've done it and my husband and my bestie and her clients. Its not a weight loss but too firm up the loose areas.

Do you have to keep doing it after your cellulite is gone and your skin it tightened or is it a one time deal?

First ask yourself, "How much money does it look like they put into advertising, packaging, and trying to recruit 'reps' for their product?"

Then, you'll have the answer about how many times you'll have to pay them money to continue the results.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I did a full body spa wrap on a cruise once. Helga went on and on about how many inches I had lost and how great I looked. I supposedly lost like 16 inches in an hour. Though I don't recall noticing those missing inches so maybe her tape measure just wasn't that great. I was not impressed. I would have preferred the full body massage from Stefan instead of the wrap by Helga. Live and learn I guess.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Skip the wrap and the fads just goodold hard work and diet and you will see results garanteed
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I did a full body spa wrap on a cruise once. Helga went on and on about how many inches I had lost and how great I looked. I supposedly lost like 16 inches in an hour. Though I don't recall noticing those missing inches so maybe her tape measure just wasn't that great. I was not impressed. I would have preferred the full body massage from Stefan instead of the wrap by Helga. Live and learn I guess.

Giggles
  • muffinskya
    muffinskya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Used and sold them. They don't work, they're are a huge waste of money. Please don't waste your time.
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options

The only thing that will get lighter from this kind of Hoo-Ha is the victim's wallet.

I am going to start a diet plan called If it Fits Your Hoo-Ha.

Just what I need! They say sex helps you to lose weight...
  • Quilled
    Quilled Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Based on what people are saying it smells like, it sounds like they are using the menthol to produce a temporary shrink in whatever area its applied to. You would get the same results by packing ice all around your body and leaving it there for days. Menthol produces the effect of cooling/tingling and triggers skin receptors when applied to skin without actually being cold (thus not damaging the skin). Wrapping with saran wrap helps dehydrate the skin as well so I am sure some people are seeing results using this, but its not going to last more than a few days. Its not removing any toxins, its just pulling out water from that area (which will return) and temporarily shrinking the skin with a 'cold' effect. You could probably reproduce the same results with saran wrap and a menthol product that is skin safe for less than a fraction of the cost of the wraps.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    It Works....... squats lunges a healthy diet and cardio!!! It works!!!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Aww it's too bad the spam post got deleted. A person saying "it worked great for me" + a profile pic of someone who is obviously overweight = all the proof anyone needs to know it's a scam.